Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Winning the last two games doesn’t change the fact he completely flopped on NSD, portal, players leaving in droves, and coaches doing everything they can to get out of Auburn. 

Even if Bo hadn’t gotten hurt, he probably would have still left. 

Those are red flags that something is wrong. 

Bo leaving is not a red flag to me. If we lose Harsin and continue to lose 10-15 per year through portal those will be red flags for new regime also (I understand average number lost across CFB is over 11. Some in the system have to be pretty high to have average at that point. Auburns not the only one that lost a lot.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not disagreeing with you.  All of that happened. The question was why we supported him.

So let me ask you this. Let's say Bo doesn't get hurt. Let's say we finish the season 9-3 with a win against Bama and a bowl win. How do you know all of that stuff still happens? You don't. No one does. I am sure some players would still leave...yes...but the entire snowball of unfortunate events .I doubt. I also doubt our recruiting is as bad. 10 win season for a first year HC looks a lot more promising than a losing season.

None of this matters because it didn't happen. I am aware. All I am saying is I think Bo Nix's injury was the start of a series of unfortunate events that I highly doubt all would have taken place had he not went down. JMO

Hugh Freeze would have had a QB ready to play😎

Also, Hugh knows how to use D.Davis and Robby. 

image.gif.f7b8cb002e3d0236f3f3e423e1e96754.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

In their investigations, they have also determined that while he was playing for BSU, on more than 4 occasions he returned tapes to Blockbuster without rewinding. It is getting ugly.

Oh damn this is getting down right nasty guys we gotta stop this. We don't know if any of this is true and we might be slandering him for no reason. 😔

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sthrndream said:

Mason left on January22, telling his players he's taking a break from coaching for a while.  Surfaces at OK State for a pay cut one week later.  Who does that?  Could Mason have been the one that pulled the pin on the grenade leaving a parting gift that Harsin is in today? 

Harsin, while not firing him, was probably upset at the defense towards the end of the season.

Connecting the dots it adds up.  And that supported Proud Tiger's intel last night on Mason's assistant.  Speculation on my part, no facts here, but could explain where we are today, especially with the potential racial references towards Harsin.

Legit3.gif

Joking.  Get outa here with that.   

Edited by AURealist

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Bo leaving is not a red flag to me. If we lose Harsin and continue to lose 10-15 per year through portal those will be red flags for new regime also (I understand average number lost across CFB is over 11. Some in the system have to be pretty high to have average at that point. Auburns not the only one that lost a lot.

Did anyone else have a coordinator leave to go to a lesser program and give up $600k in the process? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Did anyone else have a coordinator leave to go to a lesser program and give up $600k in the process? 

Nothing to see here.  Evil PTB and BOT is all anyone needs to know about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, AUx said:

BRB. Gotta run to the donor site and see if any smoke is coming out of the chapel chimney yet. 

Sistine_Chimney_Nosmoke.jpeg

Update: No smoke. For a moment it looked promising, but just somebody vaping out back.

200.gif

Edited by AUBwins
😀
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

What if Mason left because he knew he was going to be fired, leaving him with an even larger pay cut?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

What if Mason left because he knew he was going to be fired, leaving him with an even larger pay cut?

It is possible he recognized Harsin was pushing for his boise boys to take over auburn -- I suspect Mason was to valuable as a recruiter and team leader to be fired first year tho tbh 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I heard there was gonna be a mandatory black shoes and socks uniform change

youseriousclark.gif

• Haha 2

I just think that Mason and Harsin didn't mesh well together.  Harsin wanted a more aggressive defense and Mason is more of a bend and don't break guy, Harsin wanted him to change.  Being a true professional Mason stayed on for recruiting purposes until the time was right to walk away.

• Like 2

It’s inevitable. Be ready. When someone posts that Gruden is coming, it’s time to quickly euthanatize the site.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Don’t get redirected by Mason. Still waiting and waiting and waiting on the smoking gun on Harsin 

Mason leaving taking a pay cut and going to Ok state is a big Red flag Imo. Something is going on and it isn't rumors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Then why didn’t he fire him when he fired Bobo?

Its like people are grasping at straws trying to explain away the massive red flags in the football program that were not caused by the people with $$$. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Mason leaving taking a pay cut and going to Ok state is a big Red flag Imo. Something is going on and it isn't rumors.

It isn’t ? How so? Like I said this is redirection from the more serious allegations. Mason leaving sucks but he can be replaced. However , I think it is hilarious how it’s a big red flag now. @cole256, @bigbird, myself and other caught so much flack taking up for him now you are on his jockstrap. I thought most here wanted him to leave ?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don’t get redirected by Mason. Still waiting and waiting and waiting on the smoking gun on Harsin 

He said Mamma G's nachos are trash and the worst sh#t he has ever put in his mouth.

my bad, that was me.

• Haha 1

Just now, auburnfaithful72 said:

I mean in the statement released today they said they wasn't investigating rumors or things from social media.

Yes because they would never lie , right ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

He said Mamma G's nachos are trash and the worst sh#t he has ever put in his mouth.

my bad, that was me.

Don’t be throwing shade at Momma’s Love….

31 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will take a shot at it here. I was still pro harsin after the season. I did start losing some faith after NSD. 

For me, It was a very pleasant surprise to have that all business, detail oriented coach. He carries a lot of the same traits that the guy in T Town has. I also saw a lot of progress during the season. I saw a QB get better. I saw a competent Offensive scheme (even in the losses it mostly fell on execution). I saw TE usage. I saw player development. Yes, we had a massive collapse on the backend of the season, but we also had a chance to win every single game not against UGA and if our QB doesn't go down we likely win every single game. 

I will go on record and say, if Bo didn't get hurt we would not be experiencing any of this and nearly everybody would be stoked about the future of the program IMO. 

I think it was a good run of bad luck and bad decisions that got us where we are and got CBH where he is. It seems like things have just snow balled since end of season. I don't think there is any coming back from all this for CBH. I think we likely settle for a mutual parting of ways with the buyout being paid in full.

This: Absolutely no quit on this team. 100% effort…exactly what Harsin preaches. No doubt some crappy play choices on offense - Bobo; some really ineffective defensive schemes - Mason. A few less stupid plays and one less broken ankle…..

Having said that, the against the up stream swim is too great for Harsin to succeed this year or next. This exhibition is toxic to recruiting. The longer this drags makes me question the hard evidence of “for cause”. 
I’ll suggest this. The closer the settlement is to $18 million…the less likely Harsin was at fault.

• Like 4

Nature abhors a vacuum, and that is what we have. Without solid information from reliable or official sources, the vacuum is being filled with the lurid imaginations and unfounded allegations of social media trolls All will come out in due course and when it does, we have to pick up the smoldering ashes, grab a hot glue gun and try to piece things back together.