Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe that too. Where I disagree is that they have solid evidence about the serious allegations (We will see soon). I personally think they want him out because we are going backwards, but they also don't want to pay a full 18 million buy out. Just my .02 cents. I think he is gone regardless. I can't see how this can even possibly work. It is going to be interesting for sure. But I am going to be pissed if we don't have a suitable back up coach. They should have someone ready right now. Either way, I would gladly be wrong if that were the case.

All of this drama is over

1)money..

Auburn doesn’t want to pay 💰 

2)If they fire him without cause it will be hard to hire the next HC.

So they are trying their best to dig up something.. 
They should just fire him if they want him gone ...easy peasy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

One guy is the answer to this: HUGH FREEZE

Mark Stoops* is a second for me

Grimes is third

I cannot believe we got people saying Gene freaking Chizik. What the heck is wrong with this fanbase?

Do we know what Hugh Freeze's buyout is?

• Like 3

After Harsin and Gus and all the drama about who is responsible for the offense sucking I’d gladly take a Defensive guy who will let the OC run free.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

One guy is the answer to this: HUGH FREEZE

Grimes is a close second

I cannot believe we got people saying Gene freaking Chizik. What the heck is wrong with this fanbase?

So Freeze just signed an extension that goes through 2028 at $4 million a year I think.  I wonder what that buyout would be on the contract.  I figure Auburn would have to offer $7 million a year and pay buyout, plus Harsin’s Buyout, plus Gus buyout.   Damn

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Do we know what Hugh Freeze's buyout is?

Chump Change for Auburn big dawgs. Look at all the coaches we are paying lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I wish I was born 2500 years ago so i could just say completely obvious s*** and become a legend 

This won’t be over, until it’s over.
…Yogi Berra

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

So Freeze just signed an extension that goes through 2028 at $4 million a year I think.  I wonder what that buyout would be on the contract.  I figure Auburn would have to offer $7 million a year and pay buyout, plus Harsin’s Buyout, plus Gus buyout.   Damn

Bro,it's just like the national debt.. Nothing but a bunch of numbers..

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Just go get Prime time and save money for DC  and OC

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And hey we are #1 in basketball and can be #1 in buyouts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

And hey we are #1 in basketball and can be #1 in buyouts.

It is so crazy that ESPN got is on the front page for #1 team and right under this investigation smh.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Let’s just stop you right there.   Auburn University is not paying anyone.   The money will come from the people that most on here think are the ones behind this mess.    It’s the same ones that are building that shiny new building that will supposedly make auburn more attractive.   It’s also the same ones that will build the basketball facility 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, DAG said:

Lol. 

Then careful reading this article.. no direct quotes but acknowledge s the Auburn job OC was attractive to him. We hired Dillingham instead.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2019/01/23/ut-vols-hugh-freeze-liberty-tennessee-football-interview/2657048002/

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Let’s just stop you right there.   Auburn University is not paying anyone.   The money will come from the people that most on here think are the ones behind this mess.    It’s the same ones that are building that shiny new building that will supposedly make auburn more attractive.   It’s also the same ones that will build the basketball facility 

No 💩.  Lol

38 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Okay then. The unprecedented amount of transfers, impact players leaving, coaches leaving, poor hiring judgment, NSD whiffs, portal whiffs, and public player discontent is all based on nothing, I guess. Just your run of the mill culture change.

You are getting to the point where you’re trying to talk common sense to the sense-less.

Deep down they know it was a bad hire, they know they were wrong, but it is so tough for some to admit, so they will defend their position to the bitter end.

Lol. 

Then careful reading this article.. no direct quotes but acknowledge s the Auburn job OC was attractive to him. We hired Dillingham instead.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2019/01/23/ut-vols-hugh-freeze-liberty-tennessee-football-interview/2657048002/

SEC probably wouldn't have let it happen at that time but it is three years later now, SEC office.

Lol. 

Good Lord above, we could’ve had Freeze as an offensive coordinator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

SEC probably wouldn't have let it happen at that time but it is three years later now, SEC office.

Yeah, I think WDE said that freeze was blocked through this last year from the SEC, Tennessee was interested and they wouldn’t allow it.

I don't care how much money you have.  Dropping millions of dollars for a football coach of a university not to coach your team is a hard check to write.  You may argue it cost the school money having a bad program but its a terrible ROI for the people actually writing the checks.  Jimmy Rane isn't getting a kickback from the athletic department for his portion of the buyout is he?  Lumber may be at an all time high but I don't think you can count writing a check to fire a coach as charitable giving to your school.  I would love one of these beat writers to break down the economics of all this because as much as I love Auburn we'd just have to suck for a bit if this was my money.  

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

You think that he wouldn't be seriously considered? To me, it's obvious he would be sought after by our big money guys. I can't believe we have people saying dion sanders tbh 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Good Lord above, we could’ve had Freeze as an offensive coordinator.

Even with Freeze, Gus would've held on to the play calling. Wouldn't have mattered a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

You think that he wouldn't be seriously considered? To me, it's obvious he would be sought after by our big money guys. I can't believe we have people saying dion sanders tbh 

Well if these same goobers are interested in CKS I can see them possibly wanting Gene Chizik, but those folks should not even have a true say. You got to listen to play the game, however.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don't care how much money you have.  Dropping millions of dollars for a football coach of a university not to coach your team is a hard check to write.  You may argue it cost the school money having a bad program but its a terrible ROI for the people actually writing the checks.  Jimmy Rane isn't getting a kickback from the athletic department for his portion of the buyout is he?  Lumber may be at an all time high but I don't think you can count writing a check to fire a coach as charitable giving to your school.  I would love one of these beat writers to break down the economics of all this because as much as I love Auburn we'd just have to suck for a bit if this was my money.  

I read somewhere earlier that Harbert was worth 6 billion.. 18 million  to him is like me and u eating off the dollar menu

Didn't these goobs already fire the Chiz for having the worst season in Auburn history along with embarrassing discipline issues that got Auburn University on the news for people getting robbed and killed?

55 minutes ago, Taco said:

His reputation in the football world already had a black-eye after this year, especially in the SEC region. It took a really ugly turn from January on. 

Your reputation is from your actions. His actions ended up sealing his fate.

Perhaps…was there any need to exacerbate that on social media prematurely? I think not. If the University truly has the goods for a “for cause” termination then do it. No buy out, no nothing. The continued twisting in the breeze bit implies a week case. Could be wrong…IDK..

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Didn't these goobs already fire the Chiz for having the worst season in Auburn history along with embarrassing discipline issues that got Auburn University on the news for people getting robbed and killed?

Let bygones be bygones