Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Question on this list.. Do we go after any of these listed b4 we hired Harsin? If so, how could we get them now if we couldn't then. Especially Stoops,  Fickle, Freeze

I highly doubt we went after any of these guys initially.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah I am not against some of these picks but if we are going to fire a guy after one year, I think the hire almost has to be a home run hire. He and Freeze would be mine. Luke sounds good on paper, but then I go back to my critiquing of CBH.

Yeah, I see a ton of similarities between Luke and Harsin. I’m not saying he can’t do it but it would seem odd to make the same type of hire again.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt we went after any of these guys initially.

I'd take Bill Obrien before Freeze, Stoops or Muschamp 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

I'd take Bill Obrien before Freeze, Stoops or Muschamp 

Now I am just saying....apparently Bill O Brien isn't as pleasant to play with and these are the same critiques we had with CBH...I do admire what he did at PSU, but the man trading Deandre Hopkins. Lol that hurt my soul.

Muschamp?! NOOOOO

Edited by DAG

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Not Stoops he's not even on the list at the moment. yes on Grimes

Freeze, Grimes, and Fickell are the names I’m hearing. I believe Freeze has already expressed interest.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No need to get all saucy with the response, bud.  I appreciate your insight. I am just having conversation with you. 

edit- It mainly just seems like a lot of opinions on the matter. No since in us all going back and forth when neither side can be 100%confirmed really.

My apologies!  I'm a bit aggravated with  a few members that seem to constantly attack me and ask for proof of the content that I post when most of the time it's only an opinion and therefore needs no proof...

30 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I think the point is that Harsin places greater weight on personal attributes such as character, adaptability and program fit than on star ratings because he feels that he can coach the players up.  I heard this publicly stated on sports radio within the last few days, so it's been discussed outside of this venue.  I think it was on the morning show on WJOX, less likely the morning show on WNSP.  I regularly listen to both.

Him offering 5 star players doesn't disprove this at all like someone else was alluding to. Every school in the country offers a lot of the top kids, but there have been questions about his effort doing stuff other than actual on-field coaching/practice stuff as well as his ability to recruit in the first place. I don't know if I think he falls into the lack of effort or lack of ability camp. 

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If an announcement is not coming until Thursday they are probably negotiating his buyout. So he won’t be fired for cause and he’s not going to quit.

So here we are...

If they wait until Thursday, who are we sending to the SEC coaches meeting....

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If an announcement is not coming until Thursday they are probably negotiating his buyout. So he won’t be fired for cause and he’s not going to quit.

So here we are...

Not necessarily true, I believe Marcello said the investigation won't even wrap until Wednesday. 

22 hours ago, 1716AU said:

You lost me with this.

In my experience, most wealthy people are some of the most absolutely incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

They are greedy as hell and lack basic compassion for anyone other than themselves and those most close to them. They would run over you and leave you to bleed to death to get what they want.

Americans have, for way too long, equated monetary success with virtue and intelligence.

That is a complete crock.

yeah, I am not sure how he did his cut/paste - that wasn't my post, but my board name was above his point....

it's all good, but that wasn't my post.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Freeze, Grimes, and Fickell are the names I’m hearing. I believe Freeze has already expressed interest.

Freeze or Grimes would be outstanding hires considering where we are at right now. Fickle wouldn’t be bad either.

I would still like to see Dell in the mix. He could get the right staff around him and we could compete for trophies 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

So here we are...

If not firing for cause because they don't have proof they will end up giving him what the contract says. Why would he settle for less again that is based on their not having proof to fire with cause. He might even have a case for defamation of character and sue for more than what is in the contract. It could get even uglier.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I hope they at least kick the tires on Aranda. He is a really calculated guy and I highly doubt he would take it given timing and the situation, but I think hes a star. 

Freeze or Grimes please. We also need to do whatever we can to get Dell McGee in the door IMO. Freeze can call plays so make him CO-OC or something if you have to. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Grimes is interested as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

Not necessarily true, I believe Marcello said the investigation won't even wrap until Wednesday. 

This is logical as well.

If they had enough for cause, I think he would be gone already.
So maybe they think they aren’t quite there yet and are still building their case

Fickell would be a home run. Too bad he likely won't come to this mess. Plus our fans will moan about him not being an SEC guy. Grimes would rebuild the OL. Don't see why Stoops would jump unless we make him dollars wise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Freeze or Grimes would be outstanding hires considering where we are at right now. Fickle wouldn’t be bad either.

I would still like to see Dell in the mix. He could get the right staff around him and we could compete for trophies 

What about Freeze and Dell 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If not firing for cause because they don't have proof they will end up giving him what the contract says. Why would he settle for less again that is based on their not having proof to fire with cause. He might even have a case for defamation of character and sue for more than what is in the contract. It could get even uglier.

It’s been reported that a reduced buyout was offered and turned down.

So it could be that is still on the table.

I don’t think they want to pay the full buyout