Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

From my understanding they aren't ignoring a single thing.

Exactly. I'm stating If they had......

7 minutes ago, casatiger said:

And how are you related to the Harsins?   Just curious.  

Not, but I've been to Boise and you probably haven't. He's a coach with a good body of work over many years, and you're not. His childhood sweetheart wife and daughter are hot, and your....never mind.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

If he stays and wins 9 games it will be hilarious. As much fun as when Tubbs beat Bammer during Jetgate

Jetgate happened when social media meant talking on a phone.  

34 minutes ago, CR said:

If hes retained this problem is only going to get worse. Way worse.

Well that’s your opinion but not something you know for sure

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

Not, but I've been to Boise and you probably haven't. He's a coach with a good body of work over many years, and you're not. His childhood sweetheart wife and daughter are hot, and your....never mind.

Is Boise in North Alabama or South Alabama?   Help me out a little, my dial up is a little slow and it takes about 30 minutes to load a map.  

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with all of this. Yes there are red flags. And normally, I would say no it is not enough to warrant firing him with full buyout. The one thing that changes that scenario is the fact that all of this has went down. The relationship is damaged. Can it be mended? Maybe. IDK. It has divided the fan base. Rumors have caused people's lives to be thrown into havoc. The locker room seems divided as well. 

My question is this. If he is retained....How do we fix all of this?

You have to call a press conference with Greene, Gogue, the General, Harsin, Roberts, and maybe even some BoT members. State that no misconduct has been found and that the university is behind Harsin completely. Harsin says he's reflected and committed to getting to know his players and families better. Damage has been done, but can't hurt

• Like 2

Not why he's going to get fired, but just more reason he should be fired.

Auburn may have been his favorite this fall but not visiting his school until the last day of the contact period didn't leave a good impression with him or his two talented teammates...

Thanks Bryan.  Way to not go down the road to Phoenix City

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 4
  • Angry 1

32 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

C'mon, now. LSU, bama, UGA, UT, Florida...we consider ourselves peers with these programs.

Most top tier fan bases would be very concerned on our trends, both on and off the field. The issue here is just one year and yet another $20ish m. It’d be unprecedented.  In a world where many are struggling to pay for college,  the reality and optics are just really really bad. I hear some say it would blow over. Maybe.

If we were to then pile on with replacing with a coach with a burned rep. I don’t want to imagine. I

Guest MustardSeed

Keeping Harsin could actually be pretty simple. We get so wrapped up in current rumors that we ignore how fast those rumors can be squashed. All it takes is for AU to make a statement making it clear they heard a few things and did an investigation to clarify. Say all the media hype was just lies and that Harsin is clear and blame social media for concocting a bunch of garbage to hurt the program. 
Harsin staying on vacation actually helps this case. 
Media spin is pretty easy these days. Now I’m not saying that’ll happen, but should it happen the damage won’t be quite as bad on the outside as we feel it is from the inside.  People will talk sure but even if we hire a new coach and fire him the talk isn’t any better (unless it’s a home run type hire which i doubt anyone expects)

9 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

keep the daughter crap to yourself.   TMI

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Keeping Harsin could actually be pretty simple. We get so wrapped up in current rumors that we ignore how fast those rumors can be squashed. All it takes is for AU to make a statement making it clear they heard a few things and did an investigation to clarify. Say all the media hype was just lies and that Harsin is clear and blame social media for concocting a bunch of garbage to hurt the program. 
Harsin staying on vacation actually helps this case. 
Media spin is pretty easy these days. Now I’m not saying that’ll happen, but should it happen the damage won’t be quite as bad on the outside as we feel it is from the inside.  People will talk sure but even if we hire a new coach and fire him the talk isn’t any better (unless it’s a home run type hire which i doubt anyone expects)

Gonna be hard to spin Harsin blasting the AU administration to ESPN...but I do agree Auburn could come out of this with a strong statement & back Harsin prety easily.

10 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

While you were there, did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express? 🤪

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not why he's going to get fired, but just more reason he should be fired.

Thanks Bryan.  Way to not go down the road to Phoenix City

Ok. But when can we expect the buyout be low enough?

@Proud Tiger: you better not be messing with us.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

And the thing is, people aren't wrong. There are major red flags, but is it enough to warrant him getting fired with full buy out in HAND. To the fan, who is not forking out any money, yes. To the people who have to fork out the money, continue paying two guys, pay a new guy (whom they have to get right), I understand why there is some reservation.

Edit: Again, I am not saying he won't get fired.

I totally agree with you! Also have to consider asst coaches, not only contracts but their families and which asst will stay and which will leave either way. All of this is really sad whether caused by rumors on the interweb or just a bad hire! A lot of families will be affected plus players!

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, W.E.D said:

Gonna be hard to spin Harsin blasting the AU administration to ESPN...but I do agree Auburn could come out of this with a strong statement & back Harsin prety easily.

Yeah it’s clearly not ideal but some good damage control and it’s not as bad as we think here. The rest of the world isn’t debating all day on a message board about what is happening at Auburn. It’s just a passing topic that can wrestled back in somewhat

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Most top tier fan bases would be very concerned on our trends, both on and off the field. The issue here is just one year and yet another $20ish m. It’d be unprecedented.  In a world where many are struggling to pay for college,  the reality and optics are just really really bad. I hear some say it would blow over. Maybe.

Oh, I agree. Prior to all of this drama, I was full on board with the three to four years it's going to take to give this guy a fair shot. I don't like Harsin's attitude and I don't think his plan will work. I think he was a poor hire, but he may have been the best we could get. But yeah, you give the guy a chance to get his players in and then evaluate. 

But now Auburn has been Auburn. Harsin could have contributed to that or not, but the toothpaste is out of the tube. If we retain this guy, it's just a rotten, smelly egg that is going to drag our football program down to levels it hasn't seen in half a century before we can fix it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with all of this. Yes there are red flags. And normally, I would say no it is not enough to warrant firing him with full buyout. The one thing that changes that scenario is the fact that all of this has went down. The relationship is damaged. Can it be mended? Maybe. IDK. It has divided the fan base. Rumors have caused people's lives to be thrown into havoc. The locker room seems divided as well. 

My question is this. If he is retained....How do we fix all of this?

I am just hopeful that their is more division amongst fans than actually in the athletic department. All we have is rumors and we have seen how that works 

• Like 1