Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

12 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

So is this like half time? Team boosters had a big lead and then team CH had a amazing late touchdown as time expired. We are now watching the half time rants and waiting for the big finish. We may need new cheerleaders though. Not sure about the ones we have.

waiting for halftime adjustments

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

waiting for halftime adjustments

You know we’re going to run it up the gut on 1st down. Stuffed! Imagine that

4 minutes ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

I'll 100% support the university, but I just can't watch a guy roam the sidelines that I know won't be the coach a year from now regardless of what happens. 

Fair enough, and there are people who would do the same if Harsin is fired.  That is all my initial point was is that for every person that wants Harsin gone there is most likely someone that wants him retained.  Oh and that people feel so strongly one way or the other so much so they will stop watching AU Football.

People can still support the University without supporting football.

2 minutes ago, McFU said:

I would like to think and even hope most of the fanbase would stay and support whatever the outcome is, but the division is deep it seems.

Dude we are currently the laughing stock of SEC.  I hear it every day how many DC's or OC's are you guys going to hire?  No one wants to coach there.  Imagine what recruiting will be like next season if Harsin returns.  He starts out in the hottest hot seat in the country. W will be negatively recruited against by any team we go against.  There is a cleanup on aisle 2 and no way Harsin can clean it up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McFU said:

I would like to think and even hope most of the fanbase would stay and support whatever the outcome is, but the division is deep it seems.

I’m afraid that with this fan base, that if the new coach doesn’t win 10 games next year, we will have a large number of fans that will want to run him off. It never ends! What we need  is some real stability! I really don’t think that Freeze will be all that everyone hopes he will be. Given enough time maybe Grimes or even Harsin could be but our fans and PTB have proven that they are not patient enough to ever allow anyone a chance to be successful 

Edited by provibe

1 minute ago, Newbomb said:

Dude we are currently the laughing stock of SEC.  I hear it every day how many DC's or OC's are you guys going to hire?  No one wants to coach there.  Imagine what recruiting will be like next season if Harsin returns.  He starts out in the hottest hot seat in the country. W will be negatively recruited against by any team we go against.  There is a cleanup on aisle 2 and no way Harsin can clean it up.

Right, so pay the guy his freaking money and move on! It’s that simple, or grin and bear it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

And he already was showing he was pretty weak at recruiting.  This is going to make it worse

1 minute ago, provibe said:

I’m afraid that with this fan base, that if the new coach doesn’t win 10 games next year, we will have a large number of fans that will want to run him off. It never ends! What we did is some real stability! I really don’t think that Freeze will be all that everyone hopes he will be. Given enough time maybe Grimes or even Harsin could be but our fans and PTB have proven that they are not patient enough to ever allow anyone a chance to be successful 

A real crap sandwich no matter if Harsin stays or leaves right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

So is this like half time? Team boosters had a big lead and then team CH had a amazing late touchdown as time expired. We are now watching the half time rants and waiting for the big finish. We may need new cheerleaders though. Not sure about the ones we have.

It doesn’t seem like Harsin to rally in the second half. He’s usually giving up big leads. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

A real crap sandwich no matter if Harsin stays or leaves right now. 

We do these things to ourselves.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

He absolutely can be retained. I think people need to recognize this potentially could happen. I want freeze but I am not ruling that out either.

Of course he can be...I just don't see anyway they would do this.

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

It doesn’t seem like Harsin to rally in the second half. He’s usually giving up big leads. 

Maybe ( and just my opinion) it wasn’t all Harsin’s fault. I personally think that some of it was lack of depth. At least one game, the other team just had more talent and depth! 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

My question is why? People over value that they think these money men are as impulsive as the fanbase. Paying someone 18 million dollars, 9 million in 30 days is nothing to snooze at. Especially if there is not a consensus of a toxic environment. You can argue the flaws as a coach but even so, 1 year firing is still a PR nightmare unless, you can get a homerun hire to replace him, which is far too subjective. 

1 minute ago, provibe said:

Maybe ( and just my opinion) it wasn’t all Harsin’s fault. I personally think that some of it was lack of depth. At least one game, the other team just had more talent and depth! 

Sorry was skimming and didn’t really see what you were responding to! My bad and I apologize 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My question is why? People over value that they think these money men are as impulsive as the fanbase. Paying someone 18 million dollars, 9 million in 30 days is nothing to snooze at. Especially if there is not a consensus of a toxic environment. You can argue the flaws as a coach but even so, 1 year firing is still a PR nightmare unless, you can get a homerun hire to replace him, which is far too subjective. 

You're kind of having two different conversations... one of you is looking at it from a football perspective and there isn't really a way you can justify keeping him there. The other perspective is money. All the football reasons say he should go, but if the money isn't there it might not matter. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, provibe said:

I’m afraid that with this fan base, that if the new coach doesn’t win 10 games next year, we will have a large number of fans that will want to run him off. It never ends!

C'mon, now. LSU, bama, UGA, UT, Florida...we consider ourselves peers with these programs. Do you think their fanbases aren't going to get restless when they drop 7 games with 5 in a row to end a season? Add in poor recruiting, a dismissive approach to selling the program, four coordinators in less than a year, coaches and players streaming out the door - all BEFORE any of the social media garbage fired up - and what program's fanbase in the SEC except Vanderbilt do you see NOT wanting to run off the coach?

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

1 year firing is still a PR nightmare unless, you can get a homerun hire to replace him, which is far too subjective. 

And as bad as our PTB look right now is probably extreme unlikely

Just now, LaphroaigWDE said:

You're kind of having two different conversations... one of you is looking at it from a football perspective and there isn't really a way you can justify keeping him there. The other perspective is money. All the football reasons say he should go, but if the money isn't there it might not matter. 

But you can't just have two separate conversations in this matter lol. That is what fans kill me about. It is easy to spend other people money. But I think it is even more than that. All this to say, that does not mean he won't get fired , but this idea that there is just no way he can be retained is rationalized by fans and even I fell into that. CBH is not just going to quit, nor are some of those guys being loyal to him. So the solution it seems to me will be to fire him and just pay him it all.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I guess with all the rumors it is hard to speculate on what is fact and fiction.  I just feel like this will have a massive impact on CBH's ability to do his job, recruiting in particular.  I understand the money aspect is nothing to snooze at. It was nothing to snooze at when we fired Gus as well, but the long term cost would have been much more. I feel like we have put ourselves in that boat. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, provibe said:

If hes retained this problem is only going to get worse. Way worse.

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Could be they tried their best to find cause (or make him quit with a orchestrated media smear campaign) because they’re to cheap to fire him and they couldn’t come up with anything.

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you can't just have two separate conversations in this matter lol. That is what fans kill me about. It is easy to spend other people money. But I think it is even more than that. All this to say, that does not mean he won't get fired , but this idea that there is just no way he can be retained is rationalized by fans and even I fell into that. CBH is not just going to quit, nor are some of those guys being loyal to him. So the solution it seems to me will be to fire him and just pay him it all.

Fans opinions are meaningless, including opposing fans. This board exemplifies that 😂

Not to mention 95% of the “info” on social media turns out to be crap so 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I guess with all the rumors it is hard to speculate on what is fact and fiction.  I just feel like this will have a massive impact on CBH's ability to do his job, recruiting in particular.  I understand the money aspect is nothing to snooze at. It was nothing to snooze at when we fired Gus as well, but the long term cost would have been much more. I feel like we have put ourselves in that boat. 

Gus got 8 years and pretty much said it was okay to be above average. I don't think he would've gotten fired if he would not have opened his big mouth, but I think that was more than enough to turn the page. That is a tad bit of an apples to oranges comparison. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm not arguing you can, but a lot of us including myself at times are forgetting the money part. I think we kind of just assumed the money part would be taken care of because it seemingly came from the boosters. If there were no buyout, or even if it were just a couple million, the dude is probably already gone.