Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

You think they are just securing Caleb Williams before they announce the new hire?

Yep that's it. You go all in on that one. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McFU said:

and there will be a lot of folks who will do the same thing if he is fired.

The problem is that no matter what happens there is a portion of the fanbase that is going to leave.

Nobody is leaving. If they do, they’re soft bitchy fans anyway. I hate Harsin, but I’m doing nothing but rooting for him on Saturdays in the fall. 

3 minutes ago, McFU said:

maybe they will.  I just know that if a message board is as divided on this as it seems then a portion of the normal fanbase will be too. Lot's of Alumni (or so they say) on Reddit say they will pull their funding and stop watching AU Football.

Like I said before there will be some people who stop rooting for AU Football no matter what happens.

Alumni who are actually funding athletics at Auburn are not on Reddit crying about this I can tell you that. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Nobody is leaving. If they do, they’re soft bitchy fans anyway. I hate Harsin, but I’m doing nothing but rooting for him on Saturdays in the fall. 

Call them what you want, they will still have left which is all my point was.  It doesn't matter the reason just there is enough divisiveness in the way this has played out that some people will be unhappy enough to leave.

I'm not even advocating for one side or the other, just something I have noticed throughout the fan base whether it is here, Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter.

Bright side if harsin stays: plenty of tickets available, we might be able to beat out troy and south alabama for some players and well have some exciting new rivalry games with Samford and Ga Southern.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

What’s left to discuss? Just waiting on resolution. 

I’m sure we can come up with something. I was hoping we were tracking planes by now. I need tail numbers damn it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, McFU said:

Call them what you want, they will still have left which is all my point was.  It doesn't matter the reason just there is enough divisiveness in the way this has played out that some people will be unhappy enough to leave.

I'm not even advocating for one side or the other, just something I have noticed throughout the fan base whether it is here, Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter.

I just don’t think they are leaving. People talk a big game on social media and in message boards, but if they’re Auburn fans they’ll be there in the fall. 

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Fire can be restorative and some things come out better on the other side.

Like Bermuda grass 🙃

Yeah, but for awhile it's all smoke, ash and barbecued squirrels. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Alumni who are actually funding athletics at Auburn are not on Reddit crying about this I can tell you that. 

They may or may not be actual alumni which is why I put that part in (). I don't know what the minimum amount to donate is but not every Alumni is funding athletics with large amounts of money.

Even if a few alumni who donate a few thousand each year (or whatever the minimum is) leave then my statement is true.

What I'm not saying is that alumni donors who leave will cripple the program because they left, just that they left.

6 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

What’s left to discuss? Just waiting on resolution. 

Do you think Harsin brought back any souvenir gifts for ADAG and Gogue?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Do you have the slightest bit of evidence that some mysterious "PTB" are behind this? Don't bother answering, I already know the answer is "NO!"

So you choose to ignore the first half of my  statement in order to try and shame me. 🤦‍♀️

Key words you seem to have missed- “Everyone is guessing”. I include myself in everyone is spitballing on this situation. 

For future positive interaction I would encourage you to read the entire statement before attempting to look smart. 

• Like 1

Harsin is not going to be retained. There is no way, right?  I think talking media heads are just stirring up clicks and views, and everyone is also just anxious. I don't think anything has changed. No way this marriage can be saved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn02 said:

Do you think Harsin brought back any souvenir gifts for ADAG and Gogue?

A nice sombrero could sway some decisions. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Harsin is not going to be retained. There is no way, right?  I think talking media heads are just stirring up clicks and views, and everyone is also just anxious. I don't think anything has changed. No way this marriage can be saved.

He absolutely can be retained. I think people need to recognize this potentially could happen. I want freeze but I am not ruling that out either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag, to answer your question no. But, your question confirms that certain posters have more than 1 screen name. NWALTIGER  OUT!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Say there is a "speed bump", generate discussion therefore revenue. Auburn fires Harsin, more discussion and revenue from talking about that. Now you talk about JABA because they went back and forth on whether to fire him or not even though you invented the supposed "speed bump", more discussion and revenue. Now we talk coaching search, discussion and revenue. New coach is hired, discussion and revenue. 

Gotta keep the train rolling 24/7/365

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, McFU said:

and there will be a lot of folks who will do the same thing if he is fired.

The problem is that no matter what happens there is a portion of the fanbase that is going to leave.

My suggestion is that if he stays, everyone that wants him gone should leave and vis-versa

1 minute ago, provibe said:

My suggestion is that if he stays, everyone that wants him gone should leave and vis-versa

I would like to think and even hope most of the fanbase would stay and support whatever the outcome is, but the division is deep it seems.

Just now, McFU said:

I would like to think and even hope most of the fanbase would stay and support whatever the outcome is, but the division is deep it seems.

I'll 100% support the university, but I just can't watch a guy roam the sidelines that I know won't be the coach a year from now regardless of what happens. 

• Like 1