Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Tell your Bud he's part of the problem.

Any personal vendetta you have, you for sure can PM whoever you are referencing.  Me? I like direct talk.

4 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

You missed the real message behind my simple sentence. Too many money boosters and fans are resentful of things, places, people who are different than them.  Too insulated, too resistant and suspicious of progressive change. I used humor and two religious groups to make my point. 

Burning at the stake? Your words not mine, but a good metaphor for those who have lit the bonfire around Harsin when they were rebuffed by an AD they couldn't control. They started gathering kindling as soon as Harsin moved in and didn't bow to them. 

I disagree with this.  Can he win football games?   Can he compete for SEC championships?  Can he consistently recruit talent at SEC level?   I don't care where he is from.   I thought Harsin could do that when he was hired.  He still might be able to but he is evidently awful at instilling confidence in his plan with the folks that matter.  He needs some work in that department.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Any personal vendetta you have, you for sure can PM whoever you are referencing.  Me? I like direct talk.

My bad right response to wrong poster..

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

AU has likely fatally wounded the coaching plan that may have resembled Saban's or Belichick's structured processes. 

Hey if a coach being mean is all it takes to be those guys, there are hundreds of high school coaches we can get for the job that will be the next Saban 

59 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

That blue turf stadium is as hostile for visiting teams as our BBall Jungle.

Do not get how it could be “ hostile”. Did make me think my television set needed adjusting if I happened to run across a game being played on it.

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Lots of random OT talk in this thread.  Any actual news on the Harsin situation?

One person  supposedly got a secret call from the Presidents office saying he was fired. If true we know who the leak is that may have caused all this drama before it was needed

They're going to have to announce it in the next 5 hours or so. Can't send him to the meetings if you're going to can him. Plus gotta name an interim and send them

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

One person  supposedly got a secret call from the Presidents office saying he was fired. If true we know who the leak is that may have caused all this drama before it was needed

I know that person and you can chill....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No you don't

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

They're going to have to announce it in the next 5 hours or so. Can't send him to the meetings if you're going to can him. Plus gotta name an interim and send them

My thinking is they already have the guy they need. I can’t believe there is still no resolution to this. 

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I know that person and you can chill....

The one inside the presidents office leaking info before it’s released?  Interesting. Do tell. 

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

So do we HAVE to send someone to the coaches' meetings? Even if they dump Harsin today, the next head coach obviously would not be installed in time to make the meetings. And since the only coordinator we have right now is a Harsin acolyte, it would seem like an odd choice to send Schmedding (and even odder to send a position coach).

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

My thinking is they already have the guy they need. I can’t believe there is still no resolution to this. 

So are you back on thinking we make a coaching change, now?

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

The one inside the presidents office leaking info before it’s released?  Interesting. Do tell. 

I've been here for 16 years and served in leadership in the past. I know those folks over there and leaks are not a part of the equation. 

As a follow up thought to my post above, I still the coaches' meetings provides a backstop to the timeline of this mess one way or the other. I don't see how they let Harsin go if his firing is imminent. And if he has not been officially fired but does not attend the meetings, then that seems like a bit of a guarantee that his tenure at AU is over.

• Like 1

I imagine the resolution we get this week is a statement along the lines of "we investigated several serious claims from folks that departed the program, there was nothing to them, and we support CBH 110% moving forward"

Just feel like a negotiated buyout would have already happened

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So are you back on thinking we make a coaching change, now?

Huh? I’ve said that a coaching change should be made but the longer it drags out the longer I don’t think it will happen. I think they already have hugh freeze on speed dial , I also don’t think it is as easy as saying here it is , it’s your job freeze. I am giving them the benefit of a doubt that they have a plan but there is some serious concern about the buy out.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I've been here for 16 years and served in leadership in the past. I know those folks over there and leaks are not a part of the equation. 

So then what was said here wasn’t true?  If so that’s good. If it was true then it was a leak. That’s just simple facts. I’m glad to know people on the inside at least believe there is more integrity in there than that makes it appear because it has the very strong appearance of a decision being made and someone walking out the door and sharing the info as fast as possible

I really don't know why everyone is using the meeting tomorrow as some kind of marker for what happens or doesn't happen. The biggest thing they are going to do is talk about stopping clock manipulation in games, we don't really have to send anyone. I expect that we probably do have a rep, interim coach Cadillac Williams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I imagine the resolution we get this week is a statement along the lines of "we investigated several serious claims from folks that departed the program, there was nothing to them, and we support CBH 110% moving forward"

Just feel like a negotiated buyout would have already happened

yep. I think the hold up is this buy out and if they can get him to drive it down he is gone but I don’t see why CBH would ever do that. If that is the case , it probably won’t be any type of firing this year. I am passed the idea of cause to fire. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

yep. I think the hold up is this buy out and if they can get him to drive it down he is gone but I don’t see why CBH would ever do that. If that is the case , it probably won’t be any type of firing this year. I am passed the idea of cause to fire. 

Sounds about right

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Huh? I’ve said that a coaching change should be made but the longer it drags out the longer I don’t think it will happen. I think they already have hugh freeze on speed dial , I also don’t think it is as easy as saying here it is , it’s your job freeze. I am giving them the benefit of a doubt that they have a plan but there is some serious concern about the buy out.

I’m just wondering. This morning you were alluding the the fact that you thought that maybe the Harsin firing wasn’t as eminent as we all though 3 days ago. I was just wondering if you were back to thinking it was more likely.