Auburn Releases New Statement (2/7/21 @ 12:25 ET)

IronMan70

fwiw but here it is.....

'Auburn University leaders released a statement Monday after several days of rumors concerning the university’s football program and head coach Bryan Harsin.

The statement reads: The Auburn administration is judiciously collecting information from a variety of perspectives, including our student-athletes, and moving swiftly to understand any issues in accordance with university policies and procedures. Decisions regarding the future of Auburn and its Athletics programs, as always, are made in the interests of our great university and in fairness to all concerned. We do not make institutional decisions based on social media posts or media headlines.

Auburn University President Jay Gogue addressed rumors about turmoil within the university’s football program Friday.

“There’s been a lot of rumors and a lot of allegations made about our football program, and I just want you to know that we’re involved and trying to separate fact from fiction and we’ll keep you posted and make the appropriate decisions at the right time,” Gogue said.'

link: We do not make institutional decisions based on social media posts or media headlines:(wbrc.com)

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 3

• IronMan70 changed the title to Auburn University Releases New Statement, 2/7/21 @ 12:25 ET

Ahhh it's so much clearer now

*sarcasm*

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

• IronMan70 changed the title to Auburn Releases New Statement (2/7/21 @ 12:25 ET)
3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

What started all this mess anyhow?  I still haven't found the genesis of it.

I think it's been messy behind the scenes for a while, but the signing day strikeout seems to be what emboldened people to go public.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Exit interviews with staff/players/coaches

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

bama fans trying to take down Auburn,  bama and Auburn fans trying to take down Harsin,  ignorant ,gullible posters on social media, people that just cant let gus go.  some butt hurt old guard power, bama media, Auburn fan's with an agendas that love to cause chaos and drama., negative stories sell (true or not) ....

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 3

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Translation;

”We haven’t found cause yet, but we’re still trying”

This seems to sum up this entire issue which will also sum up why people like me, lifelong fans who attended the university will be run off for a very long time, if not permanently. This issue has largely exposed the AU “family” as a sham which most of us knew long ago but still tried to hold onto. If this issue goes the way it appears to be going, firing without cause and no clear evidence and a name destroyed for the purposes of lowering the cost of business then anyone with a conscience should bail on supporting such a horrendous group of people. I hope and pray that is not the case but the longer this goes the more certain it looks to be accurate. JMO

32 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

bama fans trying to take down Auburn,  bama and Auburn fans trying to take down Harsin,  ignorant ,gullible posters on social media, people that just cant let gus go.  some butt hurt old guard power, bama media, Auburn fan's with an agendas that love to cause chaos and drama., negative stories sell (true or not) ....

Or maybe it was Bryan Harsin.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

It is thought that someone with influence at Auburn either contacted or was contacted by Hugh Freeze or his agent.  He apparently wants the job if it becomes available.  When Greene hired Harsin, some boosters wanted Freeze at that time but Allen said no, he was going in a different direction.   After this season's collapse, with the players and coaches leaving (mainly Mason to take a lesser job), it became evident to many that Harsin at Auburn is not going to work.  So here we are.

• Like 4

Decisions regarding the future of Auburn and its Athletics programs, as always, are made in the interests of our great university and in fairness to all concerned.

Hmmm.  I'm having a hard time accepting this statement is true...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

This seems to sum up this entire issue which will also sum up why people like me, lifelong fans who attended the university will be run off for a very long time, if not permanently. This issue has largely exposed the AU “family” as a sham which most of us knew long ago but still tried to hold onto. If this issue goes the way it appears to be going, firing without cause and no clear evidence and a name destroyed for the purposes of lowering the cost of business then anyone with a conscience should bail on supporting such a horrendous group of people. I hope and pray that is not the case but the longer this goes the more certain it looks to be accurate. JMO

The family thing isn’t a scam. Harsin is an outsider. He’s been here for one year, and, if any of the allegations are true (and it seems like there’s at least some truth to the player treatment stuff), he certainly wouldn’t be living by the creed. 

29 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

The family thing isn’t a scam. Harsin is an outsider. He’s been here for one year, and, if any of the allegations are true (and it seems like there’s at least some truth to the player treatment stuff), he certainly wouldn’t be living by the creed. 

How do you know?

What if the players were not living up to the Creed and they were asked to leave?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

We do not make institutional decisions based on social media posts or media headlines.

Maybe.  But they sure were quick to investigate complete RUMORS that were probably started on social media.  I have no problem with them looking into it, but it should be done quietly with no press releases or public statements.  None of us should have any idea an investigation is ongoing because all it does is hurt the school, hurt Coach Harsin, and other potentially innocent people.  The fact they had to "announce" that an investigation was ongoing tells me they don't mind the circus this whole thing has become.  And why is that?  Because their intention the whole time was to take down Harsin.  It's the old "poison pill" tactic that has been used in politics forever.  You plant a fake story in the media, it takes on a life of its own, people announce they are "investigating" and eventually leads to the downfall of some powerful person.  Years later it might be proved totally false, but it doesn't matter because the damage was done.

• Love 1

Who ever started this mess needs to be banned and disassociated. There will always be unhappy players any time there is a coaching change. Gus played favorites from what I have heard and now his favorites are no longer privileged. Beyond embarrassing 

• Thanks 2

On 2/8/2022 at 4:10 AM, AUght2win said:

Or maybe it was Bryan Harsin.

Ya think? Well, just maybe??? No, can’t be possible.

23 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Maybe.  But they sure were quick to investigate complete RUMORS that were probably started on social media. 

Maybe it’s the other way around and we were already investigating and then the rumors started…