Its time to straighten the ship up and get everyone going the same direction!

BHDAU1

48 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I guess I don't know what you mean "with regularity." Against Vandy, Wen and KD were a combined 3 for 7 from three. The non-Jabari players on the team were 4 for 12 (33%); the guards were 4 for 10. That's a good night from deep. Against UF, Wen and KD had rough nights. 0 for 8. Only four guys took a three, and Smith/Kessler were a combined 5 for 6. I'll bet both guards look better against Ole Miss.

BUT, agree to disagree. Only time will tell who is right. I think we're fine. I think the team is coming out of a slump, and the offensive guard play will be good. Not great but good with "great" coming on the defensive end and in the front court's offense.

Ok here U go UGA 6-26 23%,  Tamu 3-25 12%, Arky 8-32 25% vandy 11-22 50% 7 of that was Jabari, Florida 5-14 35% and four of that was from Jabari. So as a whole outside of Jabari where is the improvement. Yes we will agree to disagree and I know Jabari is apart off the team. Maybe his 3point shooting can carry the team.

Edited by e808
Typo

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Only four guys took a three, and Smith/Kessler were a combined 5 for 6.

With his recent uptick, Kessler and our starting SF are now actually shooting the same (abysmal) percentage from three. 

I dont think I am overeacting,  the sky isnt falling by any means. Anyone else watching the top teams right now are starting to peak.  Turnovers are going down or staying below average regardess of where these teams are playing.  In this last game after a misearbe 1st half we had built a 5 tp 7 point lead. NOW this normally where AU buries teams by 14 points or so and knocks the fight out of them.  Instead we are playing sloppy and loose with lots of turnovers and lots of guys complaining to the refs insteads of getting back on netrual site and road games and unless the team comes together and refocuses on what their team goals are we are in danger of losing the SEC regular title, the SEC tourney title, and one bad game from being out of the title. If we have a shot of willing the SECm the SEC Tourney, and at least the final four, I want to see a Auburn team laser focused from here on out.  The alternative is is too sad to even think about.

We dont need to reinvent the wheel, we just need to get back to how we were playing a month ago whith a chip on our shoulder and the desire to fight for very single ball. It just hasnt been there for the last few games since we hit the #1 ranking

I guess I keep thinking about our final four team, they were fully-locked in and focused.   We were crushing teams snd demoralzing them by halfay throught the second half if not before.  Teaams that we sup to be to good!  Not to be a conspiracy type, guy, I will say that I said some time ago you will see SEC refs start calling games in favor of SEC teams on the bubble so to speak, as wins against teams lkie AU gives them a much better chance of getting into the tourney.  So we will be playing the refs and the the other teams in these games.  It ever ceases to amaze me how that happens in Feb.e

They look tired to me.  The outside shooting, outside of Jabari, seems to be declining and the decision making just looks tired.  I think having the #1-#2 ranking has worn them down.  Hopefully they can get rested up for tourney time  and refocused for the March run.

As long as the process picks up on these next few road games, I’ll be satiated. The process in the Alabama game worked to me, they just had a late push to get it tied up, and that’s just what their offense allows for vs everyone. The process vs the Missouris and Floridas wasn’t good from start to end, outside of “find Jabari” in the latter. Ark has the asterisk of not having Zep in it

And as far as Zep, you have to find a way to emphasize him actually handling the basketball in the half court in the next few games. There’s no value in being the stabilizer as a guard if you aren’t handling the ball. Esp for this specific team. Sometimes he makes the smart play and you still end up with a dumb result, but we just need more of the guy imo 

You’d really have something if you could fuse Zep and Green. I don’t think Zep is a stellar ball handler but he’s a sound decision maker. Wendell has a pretty good handle to me but his decision making has been ravaged since teams started corralling him. They’d be an interesting player combined 

I'm absolutely worried about our team going forward. I think we lose at Tennessee and I also think we will lose to Kentucky if we have to play them again. Especially if Kentucky is healthy. Any game away from Auburn Arena is a toss up for us whether fans admit it or not. Our last 4 road games have been a 1 point win over a bad Missouri team, a 2 point win over a Georgia team that is last in the SEC, a loss in OT to Arkansas and a 1 point loss to a Florida team who probably won't get a tournament bid. The end of February isn't the time to be declining if your goal is to win an SEC Title and make a Final 4 run. Right now would be the PERFECT time to have a Jared Harper as your PG. Cool, calm, collected in crunch time and he was a leader when other's weren't. A veteran who had a very high basketball IQ. One of these point guards needs to step up right now and be the Jared Harper of the team. 

Edited by TeamZero77

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm absolutely worried about our team going forward. I think we lose at Tennessee and I also think we will lose to Kentucky if we have to play them again. Especially if Kentucky is healthy. Any game away from Auburn Arena is a toss up for us whether fans admit it or not. Our last 4 road games have been a 1 point win over a bad Missouri team, a 2 point win over a Georgia team that is last in the SEC, a loss in OT to Arkansas and a 1 point loss to a Florida team who probably won't get a tournament bid. The end of February isn't the time to be declining if your goal is to win an SEC Title and make a Final 4 run.

UF’s win over us may push them of the bubble.

48 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

UF’s win over us may push them of the bubble.

Not sure about that Arkansas just beat them which makes the loss to Florida even worse

Y’all have officially made the basketball forum as unenjoyable as the football forum. Congrats Eeyore. Don’t enjoy the ride. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Some fans can't be happy for s

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Y’all have officially made the basketball forum as unenjoyable as the football forum. Congrats Eeyore. Don’t enjoy the ride. 

Right. 24-3. two of which were true road losses.  Number 3 in the country. First time ever number 1. Projected number 1 seed. Best team Auburn has ever put on the court. And fans STILL would rather bitch about a few shortcomings than just appreciate what is going on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Three observations -- not criticisms, just observations:

1. I don't think anyone would disagree with the observation that Auburn is playing really good at home and pretty crappy of late on the road. There is a lot of arguing about why, but it doesn't change the facts. Losses to Arkansas and Florida on the road, and now Arkansas clobbering Florida, and UKy healthy and playing well, illustrate the challenge facing Auburn in the coming month.

2. All of the SEC championship games and the NCAA tournament games will not be at home. Yes, seeding will assure Auburn of an early advantage. Nuff said.

3. The team (not just individual players -- the TEAM) needs to become more cohesive as a unit. Number one on the list is eliminating turnovers, which has been a plague. Number two on the list is eliminating hero ball.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 3

Fresh guards. Gotta have them. I think Zep being out took a heavy physical and mental toll on both KD and Green. Even though Zep has been back for 2 games, their normal energy level hasn’t quite returned. Hopefully those two can get their 2nd wind and legs back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

1. I don't think anyone would disagree with the observation that Auburn is playing really good at home and pretty crappy of late on the road.

Allow me to be the first.

Crappy? Crappy

Wow. Wow wow wow. 

Just wanted to add that these guys have been getting every teams BEST and when you play/match to that emotional level on the oppositions home court it is a basic fact that there will be a slump in all aspects of the game for a period of time when you get this situation. The checkmarks for this team......#1 ranking, good chance to win SEC....have been an amazing thing to watch. Mentally those who have watched other conference powerhouses such as Duke understand that it is the preparation for the big dance at the NCAA tourney that is the end goal. I would even go as far as state the NCAA champions over the past 30-40 years have not won their own conference tourney when they are in a strong conference. The SEC is the toughest top to bottom this year even compared to the mighty ACC (basketball of course). This team is special and has that 'feeling' of being in control of the intangibles that you need to win it all. If all we can say for this year is, "We were #1  for the first time and won the national championship" I for one would be on top of the world! 

Edited by einatlanta
  • Like 1

The total number of points by which we've trailed at the end of regulation this season: 1

The number of times a team's fans have stormed the court after playing us: 2

"Crappy"

16 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

This is a free message board. I must have missed the rule on here that everybody has to be a sunshine pumper. Fans like you that only want to hear good stuff and bury the negative are the reason we ended up with Gus for 8 freaking years losing 5 games a season. 

32 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This is a free message board. I must have missed the rule on here that everybody has to be a sunshine pumper. Fans like you that only want to hear good stuff and bury the negative are the reason we ended up with Gus for 8 freaking years losing 5 games a season. 

As you know there is no sunshine pumper rule. You are free to whine and moan and make this forum as pathetic as you want to. TeamZero may be a very appropriate name for you.

Add you just blamed a poster on a message board for the problems on our football team. Just wow!

• Dislike 1

Personally i don't have a problem with the team getting beat here and there. It was disappointing to lose on the road to FL. But that was only because we have not won there since 96 and i was looking forward to breaking that streak. To me the FL game was probably the first game we lost this season that i thought we should have won. We are the better team regardless of if we play FL at home or on the road. So its disappointing we lost that one. But its basketball people. Go see if you can find any team that hasn't lost a game that shouldn't have this season. You won't find them......

I was worried about our offense since the season began. The lack of shooters had me worried. It almost bite us a couple of times this season but we were able to sneak by. Well we finally wasn't able to sneak by. No biggie....dust yourself off and try it again. Losing has a way of helping coaches like Pearl get the most out of their team. We'll see how they respond to the latest set back. 

People keep making reference to the final 4 team....that final 4 team looked like it was going no where at the beginning of March. Just lost by about 30 on the road to Kentucky. But they went on a run the last 3 or so games of the season and carried that onto win the SEC tourney. They then just about got beat in the first round of the tourney before going on that magical run of blue bloods. I think this team is much better built for a long tourney run. Doesn't mean we'll get one but i like our chances. 

This is still the best team AU has ever put on the hard court. Jabari is still the best player to ever play at AU. I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of watching them finish the season. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1