Men vs Jax State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Does Auburn not allowed to broadcast game on radio?

only national broadcasts?

I heard Andy and Sonny on the call with my local affiliate.

• Like 1

You know it’s good win when Babatunde hits the floor.

Serious question. When Cardwell and Kess were down for a bit, is this guy so far below that he couldn’t come for a minute?

WDE!

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Serious question. When Cardwell and Kess were down for a bit, is this guy so far below that he couldn’t come for a minute?

WDE!

Great question. I have wondered that all season long. I get that he might be a distant 3rd at the 5 spot, but dang, I haven’t seen him all season long.

Edited by tigeraddikt

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

WDE!

He must be....i was wondering if he did not come in to preserve chance of a redshirt or something but since he came in late. It looks like BP just does not trust him in a game. 

I mean, chipped front teeth, stitches, and a hip contusion aren't ligaments and major bone breaks...hopefully no time will be missed or lingering effects in our Round of 32 game 

50 rebounds and 23 - 23 assists.  Zep and Flan had 16 points today.  If Jabari stays at the level, Zep/Flan produce, keep the sharing up, rebound + what we have seen this year... we will truly remember this tournament run. 

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Wish Kessler would come back for another year.  I think a year of working on being more physical might make him the number one pick.

I agree with that for sure. Of course it might also make AU a contender again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I agree with that for sure. Of course it might also make AU a contender again.

I'm definitely biased.  Still, I think it would be better for him.

Flanigan brought the D today. If first half their one player was hot. toward end of 1st half they put Flanigan on him and he slowed the guy down big time. He is moving real well and is starting to attack the basket better. The next step is when he attacks the basket is make the basket and get the three the old fashioned way. Today he had a couple where he almost got the basket but not quite.  I said after the A&M game that he started to look a little more Like last years player but he was not quite there. If he can get a little better each game we can be a really good team. Next step is to start hitting his jump shot.  

We played a good game today, even at the beginning when they were hitting tough 3's we were pressuring them and eventually those stopped going in. I am proud of this team. I hope Williams will be able to play as he gave us some great minutes today.

• Like 3

Zep coming back and being 100% cannot be overstated enough. We are clearly a different team when he’s rolling.  

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Flanigan brought the D today. If first half their one player was hot. toward end of 1st half they put Flanigan on him and he slowed the guy down big time. He is moving real well and is starting to attack the basket better. The next step is when he attacks the basket is make the basket and get the three the old fashioned way. Today he had a couple where he almost got the basket but not quite.  I said after the A&M game that he started to look a little more Like last years player but he was not quite there. If he can get a little better each game we can be a really good team. Next step is to start hitting his jump shot.  

We played a good game today, even at the beginning when they were hitting tough 3's we were pressuring them and eventually those stopped going in. I am proud of this team. I hope Williams will be able to play as he gave us some great minutes today.

He is "in the zone" on the defensive end.  If he can "get in the zone" on the offensive end, we might be impossible to beat.

35 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Does Auburn not allowed to broadcast game on radio?

only national broadcasts?

No college announcers are allowed to broadcast online. Only AM/FM stations allowed. That has been the case forever.

Westwood One owns all the tournament rights, thus only their announcers are allowed to broadcast online.

21 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

took care of business!  when do they announce times for Sunday?

After the last game tonight.

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Definitely shows why he is so important. He'll be needed throughout this run

I have family that are Miami fans and have watched them some this season. They’re 3 pt streaky but can play lights out. Much rather play usc. 

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

AU/Miami is going to be a defensive war.

I was thinking its gonna be a track meet lol

47 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I mean, chipped front teeth, stitches, and a hip contusion aren't ligaments and major bone breaks...hopefully no time will be missed or lingering effects in our Round of 32 game 

I'd be surprised if we see Jaylin until the Sweet Sixteen. It's not just the chipped tooth but the possibility of having a concussion and then just having headaches and pain from the injury.