Mercer game - television viewing

GoAU

Saw the game is on ESPN+ and SECN+.  Trying to plan ahead a bit.  My understanding is SECN+ games come through free on the ESPN app -  can anyone confirm this is true?

35 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Saw the game is on ESPN+ and SECN+.  Trying to plan ahead a bit.  My understanding is SECN+ games come through free on the ESPN app -  can anyone confirm this is true?

If you have a streaming, cable or satellite provider subscription with ESPN it’s free.

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If you have a streaming, cable or satellite provider subscription with ESPN it’s free.

This. If you have any service, like YT TV or any cable, you can get it free on the ESPN app. I checked it tonight and it works great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

This. If you have any service, like YT TV or any cable, you can get it free on the ESPN app. I checked it tonight and it works great. 

Good deal - that’s what I was hoping to hear.  I’ve got the ESPN app on my phone and the service through the house.  I’ll just Air Stream it to a TV. From my phone.  

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

Good deal - that’s what I was hoping to hear.  I’ve got the ESPN app on my phone and the service through the house.  I’ll just Air Stream it to a TV. From my phone.  

I have DirecTV Stream, have access to the ESPN App, but when I try to get it to open an event on SECN Plus, it says I am  not authorized to watch this content.  When I talk to to contact number for my TV provider, the people in India I speak with have no idea what I’m talking about.    

Any ideas?

Dish Network tells me that ESPN Plus is no longer included with my subscription.  I'll have to try SEC Network Plus.  Got a feeling this will be a throwback game where I sit outside on the patio and listen to the (XM) radio.....

Go AU Just an FYI that ESPN+ did not work for me either, but the SEC Network and the SEC Network+ worked just fine.

In the ESPN app I had to search by TV channel and find something that was on SEC Network+ 2 night ago (which is not much) and it worked.

…but I am using YTTV 

I have DIRECTV stream. I access using a FireTv 4K. Open the ESPN app on your Home Screen before launching your DIRECTv app.  With the ESPN app opens, scroll down to LEAGUES. Then scroll right & select NCAA Football. Scroll down to EXPLORE MORE IN NCAA FOOTBALL. Scroll right & select Southeastern Conference. Scroll right on the top row until you see Mercer vs. Auburn. If you select it before the game, it will say this event has not yet started.

Hope this helps! 
War Eagle!

Edited by AUBiker77
Omitted a word in original post.
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, penguin149 said:

Dish Network tells me that ESPN Plus is no longer included with my subscription.  I'll have to try SEC Network Plus.  Got a feeling this will be a throwback game where I sit outside on the patio and listen to the (XM) radio.....

ESPN+ has never been included with online access.  ESPN+ started as and continues to be a subscription based addition.   SEC Network + has always been included in the online streaming package since it started along with all the other ESPN channels

ahhhhh the HECK with this technology! I just get the semaphor stream.

giphy.gif

Edited by AUx

7 hours ago, WarTiger said:

ESPN+ has never been included with online access.  ESPN+ started as and continues to be a subscription based addition.   SEC Network + has always been included in the online streaming package since it started along with all the other ESPN channels

No, but I'm getting the Disney+ bundle which includes ESPN+ through my Verizon wireless account for free.

• Like 3

I love that there is a sec network alternate channel that could be used for the game but it’s off air for the whole day.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 3:35 AM, GoAU said:

I just hate doing this because the air play on my Vizio tv is wonky at times. Just doesn’t work.

The key with streaming on ESPN or SECN with a streaming app (I.e. Roku, Fire, AppleTV, etc.) is to log in correctly. I have AT&T internet with DirecTV Stream.

You have to log in with the DirecTV credentials, not the AT&T credentials.

if you have access free with a phone plan you are going to need to log in under your phone plan credentials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, meh130 said:

The key with streaming on ESPN or SECN with a streaming app (I.e. Roku, Fire, AppleTV, etc.) is to log in correctly. I have AT&T internet with DirecTV Stream.

You have to log in with the DirecTV credentials, not the AT&T credentials.

if you have access free with a phone plan you are going to need to log in under your phone plan credentials.

I was having a similar problem.  I recently moved, and no matter what I did, the app wouldn’t let me log out of my old AT&T login and use DirecTV Stream.  Ended up deleting the app completely and reinstalling to get it to work.  

Going to try and get the ESPN app on my TV to do the same.  The good news is there are 7 hours to kick off and I reckon I’ll only need 6 to get this done lol.  

Edited by GoAU

On 8/31/2022 at 8:46 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

I’m logged into ESPN app on my phone with my cable provider info but still get link to subscribe to ESPN+ when I click on the game. Will this go away at game time or am I missing something? My cable provider does have secn 

18 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I’m logged into ESPN app on my phone with my cable provider info but still get link to subscribe to ESPN+ when I click on the game. Will this go away at game time or am I missing something? My cable provider does have secn 

From the app, click on ‘Watch’ at the bottom (the play button icon), then under ‘Featured’, scroll down to ‘Conferences’ then ‘Southeastern Conference.’

My app shows the AU game under ‘Live and Upcoming’ on SECN+. At game time, click on this link. Let me know if that gets it for ya.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

From the app, click on watch at the bottom (play button), then under ‘Featured’, scroll down to ‘Conferences’ then ‘Southeastern Conference.’

My app then shows  the AU game upcoming on SECN+. At game time, click on this link. Let me know if that gets it for ya.

Thanks. I will try that. Thinking maybe it will work once game is actually on. But I was just scrolling through upcoming football rather than the route you mentioned so I will give that a try. Thanks and War Eagle

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

From the app, click on ‘Watch’ at the bottom (the play button icon), then under ‘Featured’, scroll down to ‘Conferences’ then ‘Southeastern Conference.’

My app shows the AU game under ‘Live and Upcoming’ on SECN+. At game time, click on this link. Let me know if that gets it for ya.

Working for me

• Love 1