Holden Geriner

eulessau

I would say we don’t want to throw him into a bad situation too early but when is it gonna get better? Senior laden o-line leaves a lot to be desired and next year there will be more freshman. Plus depending how the rest of this year goes (not looking the best) there might be some changes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I would say we don’t want to throw him into a bad situation too early but when is it gonna get better? Senior laden o-line leaves a lot to be desired and next year there will be more freshman. Plus depending how the rest of this year goes (not looking the best) there might be some changes.

Next year will finally be new offensive personnel pretty much all over, but definitely at OL. We'll probably trot Geriner and the new OL out there together to build chemistry. Tank will be gone. It's gonna be a new era whether BH is still here or not

• Like 1

9 hours ago, au302 said:

Next year will finally be new offensive personnel pretty much all over, but definitely at OL

Where do you think new O-line players are going to come from?

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Stupid question. Literally anywhere. Can't play without them.

Stupid answer. When do these guys start to materialize? If they're coming from anywhere, why aren't several already on the Auburn roster?

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Where do you think new O-line players are going to come from?

Guys on the bench, walk-ons, HS recruits, Juco recruits, portal recruits..... maybe people called down from the stands. I don't know, but what I do know is that we're losing like 4 starters, so unless we plan on forfeiting the season due to having no OL, there will be new people playing on the OL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Guys on the bench, walk-ons, HS recruits, Juco recruits, portal recruits..... maybe people called down from the stands. I don't know, but what I do know is that we're losing like 4 starters, so unless we plan on forfeiting the season due to having no OL, there will be new people playing on the OL

Can’t deny that logic LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

That's going to be an interesting mix to put on the field against SEC competition. As far as the imaginary recruits go, when will this recruiting surge start? As you well know, that was my original question. You said a new O-line will be out there next year. When will we start getting those O-line people in? Or do you seriously think we are going to go with walkons?

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's going to be an interesting mix to put on the field against SEC competition. As far as the imaginary recruits go, when will this recruiting surge start? As you well know, that was my original question. You said a new O-line will be out there next year. When will we start getting those O-line people in? Or do you seriously think we are going to go with walkons?

New OL can include younger guys currently on roster. They will just be "new" because they haven't started before. 

I think there's a solid chance that Tate Johnson (C), EJ Harris (G), and Colby Smith (RT) all start next year respectively. Stutts, Jones, and Wright could all come back to compete with Harris for the guard spots. Too early to know.

Theoretically, the only position where I'm pretty certain our starter is not on roster right now is LT. Smith is the only guy with the potential to do it, but I don't think he's got the feet or bend right now.  

For new guys, we need 4 HS, a 5th if the right guy is available. 2 Juco OT's to backup at each OT spot. 2 portals (LT and swing), but possibly up to 4 depending on roster circumstances. Do Stutts and Jones return, does Tate play well enough to lock down center, does one of Jernigan or Irvin return to back him up at center, etc.

I'm definitely pessimistic on new OL recruits coming in, so I'm with you there. HS is highly important, but that's a long-term play. Instant impacts will have to come from Juco and portal, and those two markets won't really kick off big time until December. We are in talks with a few Juco's, but they can't visit until December when their seasons are over.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

Stutts, Jones, and Wright could all come back to compete with Harris for the guard spots. Too early to know.

Something isn't right with Jones. In his early years at AU he under performed and now he seems to be slipping back. I'll be really surprised if he doesn't enter the portal before Christmas break. He's capable of a lot more than what he's been doing lately. I have a friend who subscribes to some sort of site where NFL scouts grade college guy's performance. Jones graded out as "poor" in the SJSU game. I think the only player rated below Jones was Ashford at QB but I'm not sure exactly what they are basing their grades on. Some guys I thought had a good game only graded "average" or "below average".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Something isn't right with Jones. In his early years at AU he under performed and now he seems to be slipping back. I'll be really surprised if he doesn't enter the portal before Christmas break. He's capable of a lot more than what he's been doing lately. I have a friend who subscribes to some sort of site where NFL scouts grade college guy's performance. Jones graded out as "poor" in the SJSU game. I think the only player rated below Jones was Ashford at QB but I'm not sure exactly what they are basing their grades on. Some guys I thought had a good game only graded "average" or "below average".

I really thought Jones was going to be a for-sure mid round NFL guard.  Disappointing.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's a weird case. 2020 he seemed to show promise in the run game but a poor pass set. Last year he apparently really cleaned up his pass set and continued to do well. This year he has looked bad when he gets in. He's played worse than Council, which with all respect to Council, is tough to do. Maybe he's still working through that injury he had at the beginning of camp, because I'm with you, his drop off seems puzzling 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I wish Shivers could have finished out his college career at Auburn!!!!!

He had abt 600 yds. Probably would not have got that opportunity here.

8 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

It’s all good his diploma says Auburn University that’s the BEST part 🙏🏾

Always a pleasure to watch him run and we will never forget that play in the Iron Bowl. I think he made a wise decision to transfer when he did and I wish him all the best!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I missed worm this year. Glad he is doing well. Just a good kid

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

So glad to know he got his diploma and even more pleased that it says Auburn University on it. 
He is loved and am sure you are as proud as every Mom should he. Thanks for being here.