For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

Deion Sanders should be the choice. I’m suspicious of anyone who doesn’t want Deion. I’ve read everyone’s reasononings and none of them make enough sense for me to not think he’s the best choice honestly. I just think there are other reasons why people don’t want him, reasons that probably shouldn’t matter. 

I don’t think he will be the choice though, which sucks. 

The last couple of pages of this thread have become like watching people duck hunt at night. Lots of noise and muzzle flashes but ultimately kinda stupid.

Theres obviously no “insider” here or wise old man. My 2 cents: mods, fans, high priests, whatever - if you’re clueless, just speculating or hammered - say so.  Not a good look.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The last couple of pages of this thread have become like watching people duck hunt at night. Lots of muzzle flashes but ultimately kinda stupid.

Theres obviously no “insider” here or wise old man. My 2 cents: mods, fans, high priests, whatever - if you’re clueless, just speculating or hammered - say so.  Not a good look.

Having “inside knowledge” isn’t a prerequisite for being a mod. There are certain mods you know to take at their word, and some not so much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The last couple of pages of this thread have become like watching people duck hunt at night. Lots of muzzle flashes but ultimately kinda stupid.

I am completely clueless!  My gut feeling is I will be completely surprised when our next head coach is named, not sure if good surprised or bad, but surprised.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aublue88 said:

I am completely clueless!  My gut feeling is I will be completely surprised when our next head coach is named, not sure if good surprised or bad, but surprised.

I feel like we all know who it's going to be and that is why this process is slow, including with the AD hire. It is going to be someone r/t to Auburn in some form or fashion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

College students tend to see all the positives and none of the negatives. For the same reasons that the Army wants 18 year-old soldiers. People that age think nothing bad can happen.

Those who will be making this decision will, hopefully, consider both the potential up and down sides of their choices.

I think some folks just face palm a post because it's Mikey. This is a pretty fair assessment of 18 year olds. I know from first hand experience as well as being a father that they can think they are invincible and easily swayed by peers. Hoping is the appropriate term to use with Auburn's track record. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I feel like we all know who it's going to be and that is why this process is slow, including with the AD hire. It is going to be someone r/t to Auburn in some form or fashion.

I beginning to agree with you. I’ve waited before to see if dumb gets smarter. Hasn’t been my best use of time.

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

I beginning to agree with you. I’ve waited before to see if dumb gets smarter. Hasn’t been my best use of time.

Precisely.

I already seen the spin by some on here then slowly they will get everyone on board. Same song, different CD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Precisely.

I already seen the spin by some on here then slowly they will get everyone on board. Same song, different CD. 

The “dimmer switch” approach - bringing the light up slowly on a truth to build consensus - is a classic. Sometimes even works. But ultimately there are 3 categories of coaching names being thrown around: game changers (ie Deion and lane - here’s where you start), more of the sames (lots - the plan B), and crosses the line’s (“redemption” is the polite rationalization - never). I want the first, could depressively accept the second, but the 3rd would be a new low and would have fans leaving. Regardless of the “truth” technique.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Deion Sanders should be the choice. I’m suspicious of anyone who doesn’t want Deion. I’ve read everyone’s reasononings and none of them make enough sense for me to not think he’s the best choice honestly. I just think there are other reasons why people don’t want him, reasons that probably shouldn’t matter. 

I don’t think he will be the choice though, which sucks. 

Did you see the JSU interview? If the media treats him the same way they treat Hrsin, he won't last 15 minutes.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Would you doubt it because of concerns he'd Kiffin us (as Hoke reported), or because the FSU job is likely coming up?

I think that is a major concern that those making the decision have. Is it warranted?  I can't say.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think that is a major concern that those making the decision have. Is it warranted?  I can't say.

Cant have the fear of that happening preventing a decision though. Can always but a clause in the contract that if he did leave for another school it will atleast cost them a pretty penny

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

the-simpsons-lenny-leonard.gif

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Ikr….please allow us to introduce the next Auburn head football coach - Kodi Burns….just something out of left field but so Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Did you see the JSU interview? If the media treats him the same way they treat Hrsin, he won't last 15 minutes.

Are you referring to the interview where he stops the reporter and tells him to act more himself or whatever? The one that just started getting shared? 

Deion Samders has been in a MAJOR public spotlight for nearly 40 years. Lolol. I think he can handle the media. I love AU more than anything but AU ain’t bigger than Deion Sanders so I don’t think a local beat reporter is going to take him down.

Also this narrative that the media mistreats Harsin is comical.  Everything he gets is warranted. 

21 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Cant have the fear of that happening preventing a decision though. Can always but a clause in the contract that if he did leave for another school it will atleast cost them a pretty penny

Hilarious

Let's not hire a coach who others might covet

Alternatively , let's hire a coach who absolutely nobody worth a spit would want. Makes total sense.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hilarious

Alternatively , let's hire a coach who absolutely nobody worth a spit would want. Makes total sense.

Yeah I don’t get it either. Of course FSU would want Deion Sanders and of course Deion would probably want to go to FSU. We can either pay him enough to convince him to stick with AU or he’ll leave us in a significantly better spot which will make us more enticing to a new coach. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yeah I don’t get it either. Of course FSU would want Deion Sanders and of course Deion would probably want to go to FSU. We can either pay him enough to convince him to stick with AU or he’ll leave us in a significantly better spot which will make us more enticing to a new coach. 

As BB would say interesting! 🤔

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hilarious

What that's not how most people think? I'm shocked I tell you shocked. 😒

12 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Total guess:

Its Grimes’ to lose..

Which would be A solid Hire.

But I’m still hoping for Prime

I just don't know about the Grimes hire, when it happens it's just gonna be Meh imo  But that's apparently what Auburn PTB likes is just Meh along with Meh results.  

• Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hilarious

Well that’s one approach to a confident marriage. I’ll go after the girl no one else will ever want. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I just don't know about the Grimes hire, when it happens it's just gonna be Meh imo  But that's apparently what Auburn PTB likes is just Meh along with Meh results.  

changing the guard on Grimes?