The Problem with firing Harsin Is

AURex

There are no downsides to firing Harsin.  There are no areas within the football program that have a positive trajectory.

If you refuse to "take your medicine", don't complain about feeling poorly.

• Like 4

On 10/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, AURex said:

Everyone seems to be clamoring for immediate firing of Harsin.

The PROBLEM is ....

Who would be the interim? One of the Boise boys? Coordinator Kiesau or Schmedding? Ha! A guy without even coordinator experience like Cadillac? Would a current coordinator even listen to a Cadillac? Chizik? Muschump?

I'm as frustrated with Harsin as everyone else, but to just push him out the door right now ....... Auburn is a total dumpster fire with no easy out. I think the only option is to put him on notice that he will not be retained and go public with that, starting a national search. But if he sux now, just wait for how bad he sux as a lame duck.

Sigh ........

It's not difficult.

Fire Him immediately. 
Fire Key too b/c his offense is horrendous. 
Promote AHC ZE to Head Coach. 
Give Ike play calling.  he wanted to be an OC in the NFL but couldn't find any jobs after the Steelers fired him.
I'm sure we have someone on staff that wants to be a WR coach or a S coach.

Hope to inch out one or two wins

• Like 2

23 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

No flame here. Yes I would like to see 60 minutes of Football. Right now about 25 minutes and the wheels start coming off. But the statement "Hire the right guy and things can still turn around quickly". Hmm.

The U thought they hired the "right guy". Alot of folks on here said Mario Crystal was "the right guy" Want Rioting in the stands.. 

UF thought they hired the "right guy" ... well are they happy. Folks here wanted Billy Napier.. 

Easier said than done. Nebraska, thought they hired the right guy. Did Texas A&M hire the right guy? Slippery Slope.

That's fair. It did kind of sound like I think hiring the right guy is easy. It is not at all. It is a crapshoot in many ways. Usually takes a few attempts. 

But that's why you don't waste time in moving on when you know you don't have the right guy. Which we clearly don't. And the point I was trying to make is that many of the concerns we discuss on here will quickly vanish when we have the right coach in place. 

• Like 1

Who is going to be responsible for the players going to class & remaining eligible? 3/4 of those kids think they are going to the NFL. With the transfer portal Auburn needs to be careful with the interim HC. If not, there will be no team for the next guy to coach. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

The man just started the 2d month of his 2d season. Stop there.

DisastrousRelievedJunco-max-1mb.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

What-If Auburn Football Releases HC Bryan Harsin, Mid-Season

---

Interim Head Coach: Zac Etheridge (Bryan Harsin Out)

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks: Mike Hartline (Current Offensive Analyst, Eric Kiesau Out)
Offensive Line: Kendall Simmons (Current Offensive Analyst, Will Friend Out)
Running Backs: Carnell Williams (No Change)
Tight Ends: Joe Bernardi (Current Offensive Analyst, Brad Bedell Out)
Wide Receivers: Ike Hilliard (No Change)
Wide Receivers, Offensive Analyst: David Whitlow (Current Graduate Assistant, Offense)

Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers: JC Sherritt (Current Defensive Analyst, Jeff Schmedding Out)
Defensive Line/Edge Linebackers/Assistant Head Coach: Roc Bellantoni (Jimmy Brumbaugh Out)
Linebackers: Christian Robinson (No Change)
Secondary: Jeremiah Wilson (Current Defensive Analyst, Zac Etheridge to Interim Head Coach)
Secondary, Defensive Analyst: Ty Holder (No Change)

Special Teams Coordinator: Eric Sachse (Current Special Teams Analyst, Roc Bellantoni to Defensive Line)

9 minutes ago, Systems said:

---

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks: Mike Hartline (Current Offensive Analyst, Eric Kiesau Out)
Wide Receivers, Offensive Analyst: David Whitlow (Current Graduate Assistant, Offense)

Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers: JC Sherritt (Current Defensive Analyst, Jeff Schmedding Out)
Defensive Line/Edge Linebackers/Assistant Head Coach: Roc Bellantoni (Jimmy Brumbaugh Out)
Secondary: Jeremiah Wilson (Current Defensive Analyst, Zac Etheridge to Interim Head Coach)

Special Teams Coordinator: Eric Sachse (Current Special Teams Analyst, Roc Bellantoni to Defensive Line)

Why would Jimmy Brumbaugh be fired in this scenario

11 minutes ago, mb711 said:

Why would Jimmy Brumbaugh be fired in this scenario

That was a tough choice for me for this scenario but due to poor performance of DL - I'd move him but keep him on staff until the next full-time head coach could opine. 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:24 PM, sevenlee36 said:

I say fire him, her, and everyone. Let’s fire, fire, fire, and fire some more. Then fire the person who fired everyone for firing everyone, and then fire him to.

mpsack.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Systems said:

---

I like the line-up but tbh, this just costs more money. If you move all those analysts to on field roles,  you have to pay them.You are going to have pay all the current coaches contracts, why not keep them in their present roles? Pick the one coach you would like to see go over to new staff (probably Ike as he is seen as successful in recruiting and coaching ability)

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, e808 said:

It’s hard to even bring Napier into this discussion being 5 games in . Especially comparing Florida and Auburns schedules. He already has a big win under his belt

Dude, did you not see what Harsin did to Mercer?

• Haha 1

Fine, I'll do it.    I'll be interim HC.    I'll take a measly million dollars as my salary.   I know that makes me the lowest paid SEC HC, but heck I'm just interim right.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Systems said:

---

No coaches will be let go before the end of the season outside of Harsin.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

No coaches will be let go before the end of the season outside of Harsin.

I agree, which is how it is usually done. New HC has to hire his own staff and they usually hang around until their own buyout is worked out. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, cbo said:

That's fair. It did kind of sound like I think hiring the right guy is easy. It is not at all. It is a crapshoot in many ways. Usually takes a few attempts. 

But that's why you don't waste time in moving on when you know you don't have the right guy. Which we clearly don't. And the point I was trying to make is that many of the concerns we discuss on here will quickly vanish when we have the right coach in place. 

No Disagree here.. No AD?? Does it matter at Auburn?  Need Proven HC. Keys to the kingdom. Pete Carroll bored, wants to take on Nicky. There's a challenge and PC is EXTREMELY Motivated!! Money boys and Biscuits want change, make it happen.