Commiserate with me.

Mims44

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

It actually hit me then just how far Auburn has dropped in peoples minds. Admittedly hurt me a lil bit to realize it, so I told him not to insult my team. He replied 'It's not an insult, it's reality'

So then I responded; 'Well your reality is your wife told mine she's been hiding money in a secret account because your marriage is falling apart'

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

Just curious....you said "we met with a few other friends" ....where was the watch party taking place? 

48 minutes ago, metafour said:

Auburn has some of the dumbest and most clueless fans imaginable. Seriously. And it's 100% more harmful than "tHe bOoStERs" who at least think they're doing the right thing and want success. A real portion of this fanbase is stuck in a perpetual state of Stockholm syndrome and sadism wherein they view the program from the most pathetic light imaginable. See how quickly they make heroes out of anyone who seemingly stands on the opposite side of "the boosters" (ie: Allen Greene and Bryan Harsin). 

Forget the fans. What pisses me off to no end is the fact that the so called adults running the progam at Auburn (the coaching staffs, the administration and the boosters) can't seem to get their act together. Instead we have been in a state of turmoil, not just now, but for years. The players end up having good football years stolen from them and the fans, well the fans just get mad.

It is pathetic that with everything going for Auburn the adults down there can't get it together. Auburn people are the ones hiring the coaches, they're the ones hiring the ADs, they're the ones that can't seem to make a decision then make a bad decision, they're the ones building feifdoms and they're the ones that pull in opposite directions. Meanwhile, the fans just pack the stadium and the players bust their ass training and playing the game. 

• Like 2

So, not a great season. Not a great day yesterday. Figure others might want to share in their Saturdays as well.

I live in TN, so we met with a few other friends. Watched Auburn then planned on switching to TN/Bama after. Soon as weather delay hit the channel gets changed, I say 'Hey it might come back on soon' and one guy responds that we switched over early in UT games for years, now that MY team is trash it's gonna get switched before end of game.

It actually hit me then just how far Auburn has dropped in peoples minds. Admittedly hurt me a lil bit to realize it, so I told him not to insult my team. He replied 'It's not an insult, it's reality'

So then I responded; 'Well your reality is your wife told mine she's been hiding money in a secret account because your marriage is falling apart'

...Because I don't respond to things proportionately.

Anyways, hope everyone has a great week! Share your Saturday stories here ;) 

Part of me wants to party with you.

Part of me doesn’t.

• Like 1

Think about how if you were somehow inadvertently right about this...😲

• Haha 2

I had a great day yesterday.  I'm numb to AU football for the most part so that didn't effect me in the least bit.  The rest of the day was full of incredible football, good friends, and strong drinks.  I may or may not have had relations with the wife to cap it off.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I had a great day yesterday.  I'm numb to AU football for the most part so that didn't effect me in the least bit.  The rest of the day was full of incredible football, good friends, and strong drinks.  I may or may not have had relations with the wife to cap it off.

Always a great way to end the day, I always make sure to score more than Harsins offense ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Forget the fans. What pisses me off to no end is the fact that the so called adults running the progam at Auburn (the coaching staffs, the administration and the boosters) can't seem to get their act together. Instead we have been in a state of turmoil, not just now, but for years. The players end up having good football years stolen from them and the fans, well the fans just get mad.

It is pathetic that with everything going for Auburn the adults down there can't get it together. Auburn people are the ones hiring the coaches, they're the ones hiring the ADs, they're the ones that can't seem to make a decision then make a bad decision, they're the ones building feifdoms and they're the ones that pull in opposite directions. Meanwhile, the fans just pack the stadium and the players bust their ass training and playing the game. 

Auburn’s woes are not the product of absolution by any means. There’s plenty of blame to go around from top to bottom.  All I know is they (Auburn) better get their collective s*** together or we’re going to be irrelevant for years to come. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Some are supporting just because he is “here”. He is the coach so let’s stand with him and the players until he is gone, but many will be happy and drive the trucks when he is asked to leave town.

That’s true. I was a big supporter for an outside the box hire, until he started pulling in more and more coaches from Boise and was failing so poorly at recruiting. I don’t for one minute think this mess is all Harsin’s fault, as GM was no longer recruiting the important areas of a team and his play calling had become awful. Some coaches can adapt to things, but GM never grew and BH is just lost. If AU hires Freeze, it’s likely I’m just done with the continued ridiculousness at that point. Better things to do. Pile on, but I grew up loving AU, but it’s also been one of the most inconsistently run programs since Dye retired, no less due to incoming sanctions. I get so much more pleasure watching the Falcons play on Sunday and Win while being hamstrung by former GMS’ mistakes. 

The people that think everything will be ok if we just let him have a few more years … they do not follow recruiting.
They think: so what, one or two bad years is not the end of the world. It takes time. What they do not know is that things are about to get even worse. There is no top 5, top 10, top 25, or even top 40 class to save us and give us hope. 
It really would not matter to me if we won four games this year as long as we had a top 10 recruiting class coming in with a ton of OL/LBs and a top QB… then we could see some hope.

Now is the coup in February part of the reason for his recruiting demise? Probably. But that just means he had to work harder on the recruiting trail …and the opposite has happened. 
You mix in a back to back losing season (probably) for only the 2nd time in 40 years with the worst recruiting class in the last 15 years (with declining talent before he was hired) and that where we are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Part of me wants to party with you.

Part of me doesn’t.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

I just hope that OP friend gets to the bottom of his wife's woeful take on their marriage. Also that he remembers to never turn off the AU game when this man is around unless he wants to know about his marital woes

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not so sure it is the players but coaching. i think the boise boys are in over their head. and i get sick of the coaches saying all year long the kids need to get better over and over. well after a while it is not the kids or even just the kids as much as i believe it is also in coaching.why can he not tell the public the coaching needs to be better as well? everyone seems to hate our oline coach but a couple of mods say he was handcuffed and not allowed to coach the line as it should be and that all this will be made public when hars leaves.

I believe our talent level is good enough to compete with all the teams and win against most of them. Problem is when you have equal or slightly lessor talent and you get out-schemed regularly on both sides of the ball and now apparently special teams then you look silly playing the game. Adjustments are made and ours are not effective. I’m with you fiddy. Stop blaming the players.

• Like 3

I'm currently in East TN & not that far from Neyland stadium. I watched most of the Auburn game while working on the "honey do list". I was proud of the players and enjoyed seeing Lane's enthusiasm. The players responded well. It's really what I like to see in head coaches. Haven't enjoyed seeing Harsin's style of coaching. Robby A will be a great QB. He's gaining a ton of experience right now. I love how AU hasn't quit or given up! I'll never quit being a patient fan. I can't do anything but watch how each season turns out....and occasionally post on this site.

I did enjoy watching the Vols pound on bamr. Also saw bamr shoot themselves in the foot several times. It'd be interesting to see if there's a rematch in ATL. I believe TN is one of the strongest teams in the nation and that game was very entertaining. Not sure if the Vols can defeat Saban twice. But I sure went to bed a lil happier knowing that bamr lost a game. 

War Eagle y'all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think we are comparable to what Tennessee has gone through in recent decades. 

Since 2000 UT has logged 9 losing seasons under God knows how many coaches. We could feasibly have a winning season next year if we make the right hire.

7 hours ago, Mims44 said:

So, not a great season. Not a great day yesterday. Figure others might want to share in their Saturdays as well.

I live in TN, so we met with a few other friends. Watched Auburn then planned on switching to TN/Bama after. Soon as weather delay hit the channel gets changed, I say 'Hey it might come back on soon' and one guy responds that we switched over early in UT games for years, now that MY team is trash it's gonna get switched before end of game.

No beating that one.

1 hour ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I'm currently in East TN & not that far from Neyland stadium. I watched most of the Auburn game while working on the "honey do list". I was proud of the players and enjoyed seeing Lane's enthusiasm. The players responded well. It's really what I like to see in head coaches. Haven't enjoyed seeing Harsin's style of coaching. Robby A will be a great QB. He's gaining a ton of experience right now. I love how AU hasn't quit or given up! I'll never quit being a patient fan. I can't do anything but watch how each season turns out....and occasionally post on this site.

I did enjoy watching the Vols pound on bamr. Also saw bamr shoot themselves in the foot several times. It'd be interesting to see if there's a rematch in ATL. I believe TN is one of the strongest teams in the nation and that game was very entertaining. Not sure if the Vols can defeat Saban twice. But I sure went to bed a lil happier knowing that bamr lost a game. 

War Eagle y'all!

Just FYI, you can't make a Crucial Conflict name and then post with 0 lyrics....

Otherwise I like your post ;)

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Mims44 said:

And this is how you know your team is a dumpster fire: when you're telling stores about bchtes & hoes instead of X's & O's. I hope not to hear from this crowd level when we're good again. #WDE 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Scary thing is, people still support Harsin. Not so much here, but Facebook groups I’m in…yikes. 

I think fans of every other SEC school really want us to keep Harsin

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Systems said:

And this is how you know your team is a dumpster fire: when you're telling stores about bchtes & hoes instead of X's & O's. I hope not to hear from this crowd level when we're good again. #WDE 

I'll take your opinions more seriously when your location changes to something I can easily enunciate. 

18 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

War Eagle y'all!

Good to be positive, but with the right coach and the transfer portal, RA will not be QB next year.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

Watch it. You will get yourself in trouble. Someone may say “whose”. JK

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

...to' up from the flo' up sippin on some crown royal...

Due to some garbage decisions from AUFamily admins I am not allowed to give you 1000x likes.

Just know you deserve it.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:10 PM, aubiefifty said:

i am not so sure it is the players but coaching. i think the boise boys are in over their head. and i get sick of the coaches saying all year long the kids need to get better over and over. well after a while it is not the kids or even just the kids as much as i believe it is also in coaching.why can he not tell the public the coaching needs to be better as well? everyone seems to hate our oline coach but a couple of mods say he was handcuffed and not allowed to coach the line as it should be and that all this will be made public when hars leaves.

Sadly, I believe it's both coaching and players. 

These coaches are in over their head for this conference, and we have less than 2 dozen players with SEC level talent on a +/-82 man roster.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, Mims44 said:

On 10/16/2022 at 3:14 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

I may or may not have had relations with the wife to cap it off.

Which wife?