Jeff Grimes offense

gr82b4au

all I know is when it comes to like opponents, Liberty just destroyed BYU with a back up QB. Freeze understood the test 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

all I know is when it comes to like opponents, Liberty just destroyed BYU with a back up QB. Freeze understood the test 

I doubt they beat Arky but 10-2 would still be a very very nice season for them.

17 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

That makes sense. I’ve had this same struggle myself. I thinks it’s easy to recognize struggles others have that we ourselves also have. There are some terrible people in the world. Being in and near ministry, it’s a hard reality that many face. I think you’re right to despise the abuse and mistreatment of women and people in general. It’s clear you do something of value to defend those that are victims of this awful behavior. I’m thankful for you and folks like you who do that work. Keep up the good fight. I doubt the AUFamily posters, generally speaking, are that bunch. Keep that fire and passion for those wrongdoers!

I really do appreciate the kind words and I want to say again I appreciate what you and your wife do as well. We need more people like y’all and cannot express the gratitude for what y’all do!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I really do appreciate the kind words and I want to say again I appreciate what you and your wife do as well. We need more people like y’all and cannot express the gratitude for what y’all do!

Same to you, friend. War Eagle! Hopefully we’ll get the right AD and coach in here soon and have some better AU football to watch. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I love the facepalm for my comment about Freeze. You literally cannot call yourself an Auburn fan and then support someone as terrible of a person as he is and not care. Really calls into question your judgment…

We get it. You don’t like Freeze, you’ll abandon your fan-ship if he gets hired, we know. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Would rather get kicked in the groin 100x and have my eyes plucked out before I ever support a lowlife scumbag like Freeze…

Okay, where do we line up?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Same to you, friend. War Eagle! Hopefully we’ll get the right AD and coach in here soon and have some better AU football to watch. 

Yes, this is true! War Eagle to you friend! Hopefully we’ll get some much needed good news soon about the AD. Dr. Roberts has a plan though…

• Thanks 1

Woo boy. Not sure if this is true but rumor is A&M ready to pay the buyout and offer Freeze if USCe holds on.

Edited by AUwent

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Woo boy. Not sure if this is true but rumor is A&M ready to pay the buyout and offer Freeze if USCe holds on.

Freeze at TAMU scares me.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Freeze, grimes, Prime, whoever 

JUST WIN BABY. The top college football coaches are snakes. AU needs a snake. Quite the high ground moral BS. If Freeze comes and wins 10 games a year everyone will be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

IMO imagine if Auburn stud firm on morality regarding Bruce. Freeze and Bruce situation maybe different but in general wrong is wrong to the NCAA. Giving Bruce a second chance has worked out so far. I still believe if Freeze is hired he will know more eyes will be on him and this will be his last shot. The not hiring Kirby has already come back to hunt Auburn. Imagine if Freeze to TAMU is a thing and works out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

IMO imagine if Auburn stud firm on morality regarding Bruce. Freeze and Bruce situation maybe different but in general wrong is wrong to the NCAA. Giving Bruce a second chance has worked out so far. I still believe if Freeze is hired he will know more eyes will be on him and this will be his last shot. The not hiring Kirby has already come back to hunt Auburn. Imagine if Freeze to TAMU is a thing and works out. 

It's comparing BBQ to hookers, literally. I believe people can repent, change, and grow, but the situations are nowhere close. Screw how the NCAA views it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e808 said:

That’s the funny thing . People talk all this mess,

but let freeze go to TAMU or DS go to FSU… 

I don’t see anyone shaking about Grimes go to any school. 

Auburn needs to get this right 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I doubt they beat Arky but 10-2 would still be a very very nice season for them.

Iono they only loss to wake forest by 1

4 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

That I can’t tell you. I will say I have to deal with people like him on a daily basis. And yes, I believe people can change. I mean, look at Deion. He’s had a checkered past but has grown in the past few years and has atoned it seems for the things he has done. Freeze just this past summer DMed a sexual abuse victim. He has learned nothing. Again, won’t ever root or support someone like that…

...judgement sermon in full effect... 

11 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Against BYU and Oklahoma State, two defenses that are atrocious. Again, stats can be deceiving. When you look at how his offenses play against an actual defense, they are below average, just like how Gus’ offenses would perform. Again, there’s nothing special that he does. Central Michigan scored over 40 points yet Baylor barely got over 20 points because of a worthless score at the end…

Any name that you put up here as a candidate, will have some flaws. There isn't a perfect coach out there. We can nitpick every coach in existence. 

Judging by last weeks game, Nick Saban can't coach a lick of defense because his team gave up 52 points. And he's an even worse coach due to his team being VERY undisciplined after they had 17 penalties for 135 yards. But we all know that Saban is one of the best defensive minds ever and his teams have always been very disciplined. 

There's no perfect formula to getting the right coach. Ole Miss named Matt Luke their HC a few years ago. He had never been anything more than an O-Line coach. It didn't work whatsoever. People can blame the sanctions brought on from Hugh Freeze but all in all Matt Luke was a bust as a HC and in my opinion he won't get another HC job in P5. After that failed at Ole Miss, Arkansas tried the same exact thing. They were lower than they've been in their history after Chad Morris flamed out. They went and hired Sam Pittman who had never been a HC or a coordinator. He was an O-Line coach just like Matt Luke was. It worked out great for Arkansas. By year 2, Pittman had Arkansas at a 9-4 record and ranked. He lost 3 straight games this year but they're at 4-3 now. 

Nobody thought that a 5-19 Chizik would be a National Champion HC just 2 years later. Nobody thought Ed Orgeron would win a Natty as a HC. Everybody thought Will Muschamp would be a great HC but he couldn't even win when he was handed Urban Meyer's Florida team. Nobody saw Gus Malzahn taking a 3-9 team with 0 SEC wins and getting them 13 seconds from winning a National Title. Mel Tucker took over Michigan State last year and had them rolling and even got a huge contract extension during his 1st year on the job. This season that team has looked completely lost. Kevin Sumlin, Rich Rodriguez, Jimbo Fisher and I could go on and on. Those last few I mentioned were really good at one point and then quickly fell off. Nobody saw Josh Heupel doing what he has done at Tennessee. Hell, that fanbase was very pissed at his hiring. They wanted a "big name." 

There's simply no formula that will give you the right coach. You can look at the coaches history, but as I stated above, it won't really tell you everything. 

If Harsin is fired, I would be shocked if the PTB go outside of the "fambly" again. We never, ever make a big splash hire. Harsin is the best coach, record wise, that we've ever hired and he has bombed. For some reason, I see the PTB making a really safe hire and getting somebody like Clay Helton. He is an Auburn man, coached several years at a big school USC, won a Rose Bowl and Pac12 title and nobody has mentioned him. Nobody had mentioned Chizik or Harsin when we hired them either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Dr. Roberts won’t approve of it. I’ve heard first hand from people who know him that Freeze wouldn’t even get an interview because of his past…

He can but I can't see it.

5 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I don’t know enough about the Freeze situation to know if he’s genuinely changed or not.   But I would certainly hope that if he ever became a serious candidate that he would be thoroughly vetted.   
I believe in grace, forgiveness, and second chances.   But I also believe there are a lot of double-life phonies out there!

Freeze's personal transgressions wouldn't hold him back from being hired at AU.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

It's comparing BBQ to hookers, literally. I believe people can repent, change, and grow, but the situations are nowhere close. Screw how the NCAA views it. 

The point of the post is they both committed violations and have to walk a fineline regarding the NCAA. 

Any of the folks out there that have connections to high school coaches.... How would Freeze be received by the high school coaches in Alabama,  Georgia  etc... Does he have a good relationship with them?

8 hours ago, e808 said:

IMO imagine if Auburn stud firm on morality regarding Bruce.

You can't compare the two. VERY apples and oranges. 

If Bruce holds another BBQ, no one cares. If Freeze starts buying hookers or sexually harassing staff, you're in a PR nightmare and looking for yet another head coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

He can but I can't see it.

Freeze's personal transgressions wouldn't hold him back from being hired at AU.

So if this is the case why wouldn't he get an interview at least?

10 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I’m good. I’m just tired of people minimizing and normalizing the kind of behavior he exhibits.

Literally no one is doing this.

• Like 1