Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You need to go look up Clemson’s last 10 years of recruiting.   They are exactly in that #8-#14 range.   

They are not in the SEC.  They are not located between Tuscaloosa and Athens. 

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fair point. I primarily looked at sec schools. Bottom line - if you think that’ll sustainably work, I not going to be able to convince you otherwise.

I’ve already made my point on all this and it doesn’t take #1 classes.   If you can get the right QB and be in that #8-#15 range you can win a lot of games.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

They are not in the SEC.  They are not located between Tuscaloosa and Athens. 

Yea, they’ve only won more championships than anyone besides Alabama in the last 10 years 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

It is becoming an echo chamber in here -- it has been made manifestly evident who most everyones top 3 candidates are. Great, got it but now lets start exploring the very real reality that Sanders, Kiffin, Freeze are not interested for whatever reason. 

What then? Who then?

U think Freeze isn't interested!LOL...

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CR said:

Id be happy with any of these three

All three would be great here. Can’t stand some fans who want to die on a hill for one specific coach. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

I’ve already made my point on all this and it doesn’t take #1 classes.   If you can get the right QB and be in that #8-#15 range you can win a lot of games.   

Ok. Let’s keep doing what we were doing. Got it. Ps as I amended to my other post about Clemson - Trevor 

Just now, aubaseball said:

Yea, they’ve only won more championships than anyone besides Alabama in the last 10 years 

Your argument still doesn't work.  Their recruiting is at the top of their conference.  Their conference puts them in the playoffs.

They couldn't handle our schedule on a regular basis.  Good is not good enough in the SEC.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Your argument still doesn't work.  Their recruiting is at the top of their conference.  Their conference puts them in the playoffs.

They couldn't handle our schedule on a regular basis.  Good is not good enough in the SEC.

What part of beating Alabama is hard to understand.   That’s who they have beaten.   Alabama has been the dominant team in the SEC until last year, excluding the occasional one year wonder teams (LSU and Auburn).  Now, Georgia has risen up last year and this year.    Georgia is doing it with a walk-on QB.   Where is that in recruiting rankings?    Of course good is good enough.   Look at Gus when he was here.   It takes a lot of luck and fortunate bounces to go a team’s way to make to the top.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

What part of beating Alabama is hard to understand.   That’s who they have beaten.   Alabama has been the dominant team in the SEC until last year, excluding the occasional one year wonder teams (LSU and Auburn).  Now, Georgia has risen up last year and this year.    Georgia is doing it with a walk-on QB.   Where is that in recruiting rankings?    Of course good is good enough.   Look at Gus when he was here.   It takes a lot of luck and fortunate bounces to go a team’s way to make to the top.   

If beating arky and the Mississippi schools regularly  plus occasionally upsetting bama, uga, and lsu are good enough. Then that’ll work. It’s simply about goals. If we  want to get out of the world of being an upset team or waiting for a generational qb, we have to find a new gear for recruiting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Doing it consistently from the SEC is different.  The schedule is much, much more difficult. 

Our fan base wants to be competitive every year, not just occasionally. 

You can point to anomalies while, ignoring the real trends but,,, that doesn't change reality.  If you want to compete in the SEC, make it to the playoff consistently, you'd better recruit at the top and, that recruiting better be across the board, no position weaknesses. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Doing it consistently from the SEC is different.  The schedule is much, much more difficult. 

So, all those losses to Clemson meant what?  That they were weak or that Auburn had an off day?   You are preaching to choir when you say that Auburn has to recruit better.    Everyone knows that.   

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn has to recruit better.    Everyone knows that.

Maybe but,,, it appears that you and others are not aware that that effort must be continuous and, in order to compete in the SEC, that effort means top 6, year in, year out.  And, it can't be just chasing the recruiting title, it has to be across the board truly building a team. 

30 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Maybe but,,, it appears that you and others are not aware that that effort must be continuous and, in order to compete in the SEC, that effort means top 6, year in, year out.  And, it can't be just chasing the recruiting title, it has to be across the board truly building a team. 

You’re right.  Dumb me.  I didn’t think to think that in order to maintain consistent winning that you needed consistent recruiting.   I appreciate you reminding me of that.   I truly don’t know what this forum would be without this level of insightful information.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Not a lot has been reported since the firing and the first list of would be coaches thrown out there by the media.
Except for Lannings denial of any interest, not much..

Its a good thing. It hopefully means that (on our end at least it’s hard to keep agents from leaking) we’re handling things in a professional manner and doing our due diligence 

Watching how the team is performing different now actually screams what many can't see as far as Sanders potential as a coach here.....

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I think you misspelled "Mikey" as "many"

Oh much more than him. You're not going to find a bunch of honesty on this subject so you have to watch posting history and patterns. Even the guys who say they want him. If you want to apply something and watch with your own eyes just question any of the other candidates the way Sanders is scrutinized and you'll see

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You’re right.  Dumb me.  I didn’t think to think that in order to maintain consistent winning that you needed consistent recruiting.   I appreciate you reminding me of that.   I truly don’t know what this forum would be without this level of insightful information.   

I think the rub is with semantics. “Good”, “consistent”,  pick an adjective recruiting (ie top 20) usually lose to what some call elite recruiting teams (top 5). When you beat them it’s normally called an “upset”.  I personally am tired of beating uga  requiring a miracle.

Edited by auburnatl1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Tier 1: Lane, Lanning, Freeze, X 

Tier 2: Grimes, Deion, Stoops, Monken, Hartline, Elko, Mario,

Do you have inside info Birdman or is it your personal rankings? Looks pretty good to me. I thought at one time you were very high on Grimes.

7 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You need to go look up Clemson’s last 10 years of recruiting.   They are exactly in that #8-#14 range.   

In the last 5 years, Clemson's recruiting has been in the #3 to #10 range on the 24/7 Composite Rankings, which is comprised of all the major recruiting services combined.

2022 -10th
2021 - 5th
2020 - 3rd
2019 - 10th
2018 - 7th

And so far for the 2023 class, they're ranked 10th.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

They’re 4-0 vs us since 2011 so they can probably handle our schedule better than we do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, autan said:

Do you have inside info Birdman or is it your personal rankings? Looks pretty good to me. I thought at one time you were very high on Grimes.

I am high on Grimes.  I think he's a great coach.

That list isn't my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I am high on Grimes.  I think he's a great coach.

That list isn't my opinion 

I like Lanning in the first tier...but any of the other 2 tier 1 names would be good...x maybe... 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DAG said:

All three would be great here. Can’t stand some fans who want to die on a hill for one specific coach. 

If it’s not Freeze then you don’t understand Auburn  

If it’s not Kiffin then you don’t get modern football and offense  

If it’s not Deion, then you’re morally bankrupt and have a questionable character  

They’re not all created equal. 

• Like 2