Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Harsin already burned this thing to the foundation. That would tear the foundation up. 

I blame the boosters, those who refused to fire Gus when it was CLEAR in 2015 that he's a high school coach, and those who, in a temper tantrum, defamed Harsin to poison his tenure FAR more than I blame Harsin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 6

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I blame the boosters, those who refused to fire Gus when it was CLEAR in 2015 that he's a high school coach, and those who, in a temper tantrum, defamed Harsin to poison his tenure FAR more than I blame Harsin.

It IS a convoluted story for sure. We seem to be our own worst enemy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

I'll be honest with you man, I could not give two you know what's what ESPN, or any other corporate news company reports or thinks about a private, Baptist university in the state of Texas. They destroyed Briles' career and dragged Baylor (and every person attached to the school mostly innocent folks) because they are everything your average media member hates.

Shawn Oakman was innocent too. You think Schlabach and every other hack journalist who tried to destroy his career have apologized to him? Those people are scum of the earth.

See what happened to Briles when he was hired as OC at Grambling. He is toxic and no school will touch him because of what happened at Baylor. It’s a lot of blame to go around and maybe not all but some what happened at Baylor falls at the feet of Briles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

We are way past this argument!! Time to move on IMO.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully is he on some type of sex offenders list. I have daughters and would have no problem. If something happened I would handle it just like any other situation. 

He’s been accused of forcing young girls to change in front of him and secretly messaging rape victims to get them to shut up. Should there be more required?

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We are way past this argument!! Time to move on IMO.

Maybe so, but we are, in this moment, reaping what has been sown at Auburn over the past nearly 10 years.  Before we move into our unknown future, we should ALL be clear that the Auburn boosters, in cahoots with media and other bitter insiders, disparaged a man in a temper fit intended to incitine moral outrage.  They tried to use the moral compass of the Auburn people to create an uprising against Harsin for an apparently unproven lie.  It's the same "wrap up smear" we see in politics.

I've always thought a lot of Auburn as an institution, and the Auburn family as a whole, and the truth about how we treated Bryan Harsin still stings.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He’s been accused of forcing young girls to change in front of him and secretly messaging rape victims to get them to shut up. Should there be more required?

Is there any chance these are false accusations that are just intended to smear an innocent man?  The maiden brigade is rather nefarious in the current "we hate men" environment, and frequently blow the rape whistle when a man simply acknowledges she's pretty.

• Angry 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You have to remember.  The anti Freezers are in the minority.  They are very vocal but very much in the minority 

Wrong yet again. The average AU fan actually has morals and standards regardless of what a message board looks like. Most AU fans aren’t on message boards. Never before has it had to reported that talks with a coach had to be put on hold because of the amount of backlash pouring into the ADs office.  
What can be extremely clear is that the divisiveness of hiring such a coach would be greater than any coach in our schools modern history. That’s just horrible business regardless of whether you’re in love with him or not. 

42 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

There are far better options with recruiting ties to the south that could "fit" at Auburn. 

if we hire him It just shows that either Auburn is as toxic as everyone says, or we are as stupid as everyone says. 

The fact that lane and Hugh were the options that we were looking at the whole time is just terrible, depressing, and extremely disappointing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Maybe so, but we are, in this moment, reaping what has been sown at Auburn over the past nearly 10 years.  Before we move into our unknown future, we should ALL be clear that the Auburn boosters, in cahoots with media and other bitter insiders, disparaged a man in a temper fit intended to incitine moral outrage.  They tried to use the moral compass of the Auburn people to create an uprising against Harsin for an apparently unproven lie.  It's the same "wrap up smear" we see in politics.

I've always thought a lot of Auburn as an institution, and the Auburn family as a whole, and the truth about how we treated Bryan Harsin still stings.

Maybe true but far from clear. If so we are where we are with who we are st this point which is why I have chose to move on.

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, e808 said:

Are accused and convicted the same thing? Was that victims or victim. Yes that was dumb. Are we privy to what was actually said. Facts matter to make a sound decision.

One accusation is one thing. He’s had a pattern of this garbage for a decade minimum. And it’s not like you’d be hiring some world beater worth the risk anyways. He’s a better than average college coach with an insane amount of baggage. He’s literally part of a current federal investigation into covering up sexual assaults at Liberty. Good grief how low have we sunk that we need to justify hiring an above average coach with such baggage?  Why should we take that risk for an almost guaranteed middle of the road SEC coach?  It’s one of the most idiotic moves a business leader could make….it would turn our brand to garbage. 

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Is there any chance these are false accusations that are just intended to smear an innocent man?  The maiden brigade is rather nefarious in the current "we hate men" environment, and frequently blow the rape whistle when a man simply acknowledges she's pretty.

The forcing young girls to change in front of him happened before Ole Miss…that was a different environment. As for the latest ones I’d assume you won’t find out until the federal investigation into the covering up of sexual assaults at Liberty is complete…and even then it may not be made public. 
But I can guarantee you this. If the feds are investigating a cover up and potentially multiple felony sexual assaults/rapes and the head football coach is accused of trying to silence one of the victims…he’s gonna be right in the center of their investigation 

Edited by MustardSeed

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

One accusation is one thing. He’s had a pattern of this garbage for a decade minimum. And it’s not like you’d be hiring some world beater worth the risk anyways. He’s a better than average college coach with an insane amount of baggage. He’s literally part of a current federal investigation into covering up sexual assaults at Liberty. Good grief how low have we sunk that we need to justify hiring an above average coach with such baggage?  Why should we take that risk for an almost guaranteed middle of the road SEC coach?  It’s one of the most idiotic moves a business leader could make….it would turn our brand to garbage. 

Throwing out all the allegations, I agree completely on him as a football coach.  He's just average.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Wrong yet again. The average AU fan actually has morals and standards regardless of what a message board looks like. Most AU fans aren’t on message boards. Never before has it had to reported that talks with a coach had to be put on hold because of the amount of backlash pouring into the ADs office.  
What can be extremely clear is that the divisiveness of hiring such a coach would be greater than any coach in our schools modern history. That’s just horrible business regardless of whether you’re in love with him or not. 

Ok. I'm done debating you. U have your point of view. I have mine. Voice your future concerns to Yella Fella

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

The forcing young girls to change in front of him Halle Ed before Ole Miss…that was a different environment. As for the latest ones I’d assume you won’t find out until the federal investigation into the covering up of sexual assaults at Liberty is complete…and even then it may not be made public. 
But I can guarantee you this. If the feds are investigating a cover up and potentially multiple felony sexual assaults/rapes and the head football coach is accused of trying to silence one of the victims…he’s gonna be right in the center of their investigation 

At best, I'd say that all the allegations, investigations, lawsuits and charges need to be cleared before any school hires him.  I'm kinda of surprised that Liberty hired him. 

It's a shame for him if these allegations are not true, but it's a risk I don't think Auburn should take, particularly, as you point out, for a mediocre coach.

Guest MustardSeed

The girl that has accused him of contacting her in an attempt to silence her rape accusations has reached out to Auburn and has apparently had several meetings with federal investigators. Let’s stop calling it just “an accusation” as though it’s just some passing minor event on social media. The feds are literally looking into Hugh Freeze

https://www.outkick.com/hugh-freeze-auburn-coach-hire-liberty-chelsea-andrews-sexual-assault-email/