Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I'll be honest with you man, I could not give two you know what's what ESPN, or any other corporate news company reports or thinks about a private, Baptist university in the state of Texas. They destroyed Briles' career and dragged Baylor (and every person attached to the school mostly innocent folks) because they are everything your average media member hates.

Shawn Oakman was innocent too. You think Schlabach and every other hack journalist who tried to destroy his career have apologized to him? Those people are scum of the earth.

I guess it's fine if you don't believe Baylor's law firm, or ESPN, or the NCAA. But then how do you decide what you do believe? I mean, it's hard to take an opinion seriously that's based on nothing that's available to us all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The girl that has accused him of contacting her in an attempt to silence her rape accusations has reached out to Auburn and has apparently had several meetings with federal investigators. Let’s stop calling it just “an accusation” as though it’s just some passing minor event on social media. The feds are literally looking into Hugh Freeze

https://www.outkick.com/hugh-freeze-auburn-coach-hire-liberty-chelsea-andrews-sexual-assault-email/

If you're up on the thread, you know these DMs are precisely the reason I believe Auburn should not consider Freeze. That said, nothing in the story indicates that federal investigators are looking into Freeze personally.

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The girl that has accused him of contacting her in an attempt to silence her rape accusations has reached out to Auburn and has apparently had several meetings with federal investigators. Let’s stop calling it just “an accusation” as though it’s just some passing minor event on social media. The feds are literally looking into Hugh Freeze

https://www.outkick.com/hugh-freeze-auburn-coach-hire-liberty-chelsea-andrews-sexual-assault-email/

If it were bad, show the texts. The only one I’ve seen so far is him supporting his friend. No crime there. No threats. No harassment. Just support. Is Freeze included in the lawsuit? 

I most likely would have just ignored her. But to each his own. Nothing illegal or even remotely <gasping> as you make it out to be. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If it were bad, show the texts. The only one I’ve seen so far is him supporting his friend. No crime there. No threats. No harassment. Just support. Is Freeze included in the lawsuit? 

I most likely would have just ignored her. But to each his own. Nothing illegal or even remotely <gasping> as you make it out to be. 

It's amazing. Bro.

11 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

At the very least you have to admit it was very poor judgement. 
You also have to admit that this hire would not unite the fan base. It likely would be not received well due to a very vocal minority (at least in the short term). I mean, look at this site! 
I would support him but it does put auburn in a negative spotlight. Why put Auburn through this? 

55 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The average AU fan actually has morals and standards regardless of what a message board looks like. Most AU fans aren’t on message boards.

You don't speak for the average fan.

48 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He’s literally part of a current federal investigation into covering up sexual assaults at Liberty.

No, he's not.  He has plenty of baggage to bring up without making stuff up.

Please stop going Simple Jack GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's amazing. Bro.

My question is how is such a sensitive case being talked about that involves a university. That isn’t how it usually works but maybe things have changed. 

25 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

He is one of the most powerful men in a university, telling a former student who is among 20+ students conducting legal action against the university that she should basically shut up regarding the university's conduct in precisely the area spotlighted by the legal action. If you know an employment attorney or HR officer, run that by them.

In fact, it suggests he's part of the problem, a culture that doesn't take women's safety seriously. If it happened in the business world, he might lose his job and he'd struggle to find employment elsewhere.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

He is one of the most powerful men in a university, telling a former student who is among 20+ students conducting legal action against the university that she should basically shut up regarding the university's conduct in precisely the area spotlighted by the legal action.

You don't know what he said.  It was not made public.  Again, there are plenty of warts on him, pick one that is actually true to point out.

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

At the very least you have to admit it was very poor judgement. 
You also have to admit that this hire would not unite the fan base. It likely would be not received well due to a very vocal minority (at least in the short term). I mean, look at this site! 
I would support him but it does put auburn in a negative spotlight. Why put Auburn through this? 

I will always concede that point. 
I am not a full blown Freeze fan. I see him as technically equal LK. And I saw LK as way too expensive.

However, I detest the practice of those in opposition using over the top, outlandish accusations, and many times lies, to castigate an individual. 
If you think he’s a bad coach, fine. Then you probably should have disliked LK also. But it seems the twitter mob will go to any lengths to force what they perceive as moral superiority over anyone who doesn’t agree. 
We have seen this tactic in politics and now it’s bled down to college sports? It’s a bad practice. 

I’ll support whoever they hire. I cannot say that about some

of our fans. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

He is one of the most powerful men in a university, telling a former student who is among 20+ students conducting legal action against the university that she should basically shut up regarding the university's conduct in precisely the area spotlighted by the legal action. If you know an employment attorney or HR officer, run that by them.

In fact, it suggests he's part of the problem, a culture that doesn't take women's safety seriously. If it happened in the business world, he might lose his job and he'd struggle to find employment elsewhere.

Probably a reach on the summation  about the Culture as you are not aware of their resonse to his actions. I agree with your comments about his repercussions in the business world (depending greatly on the business though).

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I doubt you’ll find anyone at Liberty who thinks he’s that powerful. This is not Alabama. He’s not running for senate any time soon. 

Like I said. Show the texts. 

Edited by CCTAU

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

You don't know what he said.  It was not made public.  Again, there are plenty of warts on him, pick one that is actually true to point out.

The PM is public, for crying out loud.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Probably a reach on the sumation about the Culture as you are not aware if their resonse to his actions. I agree with your comments about his repercussions in the business world (depending greatly on the business though).

Regarding the culture, it's well documented that Liberty mishandled a BUNCH of Title IX allegations. And it hired an athletic director directly implicated in a BUNCH of mishandled Title IX allegations. That's what I mean by culture.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I thought I saw where she posted the DM’s.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I thought I saw where she posted the DM’s.

All I've seen is the sentence about Ian being a Jesus like leader and that's it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Regarding the culture, it's well documented that Liberty mishandled a BUNCH of Title IX allegations. And it hired an athletic director directly implicated in a BUNCH of mishandled Title IX allegations. That's what I mean by culture.

Gotcha. Definitely true they hired Baylor’s AD.