Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

Let's not use Harsin as our standard.  Seek excellence, not just bouncing off the bottom.

Caddy would be (and is) an improvement over Harsin, doesn't mean we should promote him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

Let's not use Harsin as our standard.  Seek excellence, not just bouncing off the bottom.

But you said step up… Harsin was our last HC. You want to step up from a platform we’re not at? That would be a neat trick.

23 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m not booking anything until the position is filled. Words are meaningless. Coaches always say they are staying even if they aren’t. I’ll say this though. If we missed out on Lane, better have better back up plan than Freeze. A large percentage of the fan base is opposed to him on moral grounds. He’d have similar issues to Harsin winning over the fans.

Let’s book a dollar bet he doesn’t come? 

30 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

And Tommy Tuberville was never Auburn’s coach. He said so. 

I appreciate your willingness to die on this hill in an odd way lol. You are either gonna look like a genius or a weirdo. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Not sure, but I think that sevenlee guy is upset 🤷‍♂️

High School Offense Let’s Go! Hell Freeze will probably turn us down. This is the process every time. We are getting a big name hire. Oh wait Auburn didn’t want him they wanted a 5-19 coach instead. The process is the same every time, never get your hopes up and you’ll never be let down with Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. He was on his third and fourth string QB and made them competent. So I am intrigued to see what he could do with the likes of RA. Just so ready to have an official HC lol.

Amen

The first year could be a rough one, our fan base needs to be patient.

If we see immediate improvement with the portal and recruiting, the wins still may be a season or so away,

Im not sure if people understand how bad a shape Harsin left us 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

High School Offense Let’s Go! Hell Freeze will probably turn us down. This is the process every time. We are getting a big name hire. Oh wait Auburn didn’t want him they wanted a 5-19 coach instead. The process is the same every time, never get your hopes up and you’ll never be let down with Auburn.

Debbie_Downer.png

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

They are all mediocre except for Urban Meyer.  

There is a good argument for him.  He does consistently field championship teams.  He generally only hangs around for a few years, but he hires staff that can take over and carry his success forward.  

And, to my knowledge, has no history of being a pimp.  

• Dislike 1

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

There is a good argument for him.  He does consistently field championship teams.  He generally only hangs around for a few years, but he hires staff that can take over and carry his success forward.  

And, to my knowledge, has no history of being a pimp.  

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust....grabbing strange women's rear ends in public bars when his family is away.....   -shrug-

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If I recall, freeze had Longo with him at OM. That’s not what the UNC offenses look like.. 

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

When we “stole” Tubs I don’t think his record was that good.

Tuberville's Ole Miss team had not been ranked 11th in the country and then proceeded to lose 4 of the last 5 games prior to him being hired.  That was really not good and in my opinion, sealed the deal on Auburn NOT hiring Kiffin.  I think prior to that he was absolutely the guy Auburn was going after 100%.

6 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

But you said step up… Harsin was our last HC. You want to step up from a platform we’re not at? That would be a neat trick.

I never said "step up".  I have consistently argued for Auburn to pursue excellence, and to hire a coach who will build a juggernaut, not bounce us off the bottom into mediocrity.

1 minute ago, BHDAU1 said:

Tuberville's Ole Miss team had not been ranked 11th in the country and then proceeded to lose 4 of the last 5 games prior to him being hired.  That was really not good and in my opinion, sealed the deal on Auburn NOT hiring Kiffin.  I think prior to that he was absolutely the guy Auburn was going after 100%.

This last month cost LK millions of dollars 

• Like 1

I just want to know what makes LK so much better than HF?! From my view point it's a wash. We've ALL done or said some irreparable things in our past. HF has a weakness for beautiful women. What able membered man doesn't?! We're trying to replace Brian Harsin,  not Chette Williams!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Tbh, our next coach probably hasn't been mentioned. If you keep up with coaching searches in the SEC, Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze are on EVERY schools "supposed" list. It makes sense if you're a podcast guy or journalist. Both can coach and put up points. One moves around ALOT and the other is a former SEC coach that beat Saban 2 times and is dying to rebuild his image. Both names are sure to generate buzz. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust....grabbing strange women's rear ends in public bars when his family is away.....   -shrug-

Seriously??  Dang.  Well, so much for that argument.  🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The truth of the matter is Freeze knows he screwed up in the past.

He knows this may be his final shot.

He has not had a perfect season at Liberty, but I think what he has done at Liberty in this short time has been really good. Yes he has had bad Ls too.

He wants to be here. Our Rivals know what type of coach he can be.

He fits the boxes behind the scenes that Auburn people like (I hate that talk).

With all the right pieces moving forward, and Freeze work ethic, this can be amazing. 

I also understand that people are disappointed and will need a wait and see approach. I hope the fans, if Freeze is named coach, give him some benefit of a doubt.

Also, he for sure would keep caddy.

Great post. 

1 hour ago, au302 said:

It's a divisive hire, at best. I think he'd win, but the "family" will divide once again after Caddy brought us together for the first time in years

Winning cures all. There is no hire that would not have been divisive that was realistic. 

Freeze has been my number 1 for the most part since before Harsin was fired...there was a brief moment I wanted Sanders over him, but I think Hugh is the safer bet of him, Kiffin, and Sanders. I love the hire. He has proof of concept. He is hungry for redemption. And with proper alignment, NIL, our new FOF, I think Brother Hugh can get us back to being a title contender. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get it. Y'all want to win. Seriously I do understand that. I do too.

But not with him. I do not want him molding young men on out sidelines. 

I hope he crashes and burns faster than Harsin did should he become our coach.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 5

2 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Remember when Gene Chizik was on a 10 game losing streak before coming to Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

I just want to know what makes LK so much better than HF?! From my view point it's a wash. We've ALL done or said some irreparable things in our past. HF has a weakness for beautiful women. What able membered man doesn't?! We're trying to replace Brian Harsin,  not Chette Williams!

Absolutely nothing. HF has just as much proof of concept as Kiffin. Matter of fact, I feel safer with Hugh because his gameday coaching isn't crazy like Kiffins with all the analytics. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Ok 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

So you're saying if we hire Hugh Freeze you want him to fail? What a lousy attitude from a so called fan. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Odd take from a fan/alumni. I’ve never understood pulling for your school to lose regardless of your personal feelings. To each his own I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1