Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

9 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

He is just in denial.  It's hard to accept that AU has become the worst program in the West and one of the worst in the SEC.  Not being able to snag a coach from Ole Miss may be the biggest failure in AU history.  But it's where AU is now in the football pecking order.  Ole Miss is a better program.  I think MSU is a better program now as well.  AU is the least desirable program in the entire SEC (above only Vandy). 

Come on you don't really believe that do you? Specifically your comment that Auburn is the least desirable program in the SEC outside of Vandy?  Admittedly, the program has been in a bad place for the last few years, but the school itself, the beautiful campus, the incredible football facilities, the money available to the program, and the traditions here keep Auburn in the top half of head coaching destinations.  Auburn just paid a ridiculous buy-out to fire a guy like it was nothing, while that is a negative in one respect, in another it shows how much the school and alumni care about success and winning.  If I am a coach with a ton of confidence in myself, that would be an attractive job to me.   I also don't believe Kiffin turned AU down, I think AU told him that they were no longer interested.  That is likely something we will never know for sure.

26 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

He was never a homerun.  His career record is 8-4.

I think his successful tenure at Alabama as OC has helped to polish the notion of LK as a potential home run hire.
I have no doubt about his Offensive play calling; however, he was working there with a full stable of 4 and 5 star players and an almost NFL quality Offensive Line. As stated in another poster’s comment on here today, I genuinely believe we dodged a bullet by not signing Kiffin.  

Edited by au701948

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Any sane and reasonable person with an ounce of decency beyond "just win, baby" would not be behind this hire. 

I commend your stance…..though there are a lot of soiled people out there. I’d like to see a different option but I also understand the pressure to get a winner in todays climate. 

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Still about 60% think it’s Kiffin. Until we hire someone else, he’s not out. A mass reaction against freeze like we had against Steele might get Auburn to sweeten the pot enough for Kiffin.

Pretty sure Kiffin is out. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/11/lane-kiffin-plans-to-sign-extension-remain-at-ole-miss-amid-auburn-job-speculation.html?outputType=amp

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

What if Kiffin hasn't signed his extension because he is waiting on a job that might open? Not signing his extension doesn't particularly mean Auburn is the other school in play. He could seriously be waiting to see if Saban steps down for an unknown medical reason. Alot of Bammers want Lane to replace Saban. 

I thought exactly like you until this was brought up that he may be waiting for another big job to possibly open and even an NFL job that he may be in play for considering he coached in the NFL before.

Espn reporting he is reupping with Ole Miss…🤷🏽‍♂️

5 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Anti-Freeze tweets are now taking off on Twitter. I knew a substantial part of the fan base would not be behind him.

You can say that for any possible candidate or hire. Tubs caught flack for lying about leaving Ole Miss, Chizik was 5-19, Gus was just a meh hire, Harsin had no P5 experience, etc. Caddy is loved by everybody but half the fans are totally against his hiring as HC. You'll never make an entire fanbase happy. If you base the hire on making everybody happy, you're in the wrong business.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

He is just in denial.  It's hard to accept that AU has become the worst program in the West and one of the worst in the SEC.  Not being able to snag a coach from Ole Miss may be the biggest failure in AU history.  But it's where AU is now in the football pecking order.  Ole Miss is a better program.  I think MSU is a better program now as well.  AU is the least desirable program in the entire SEC (above only Vandy). 

We did not need to hire the next Jimbo Fisher at $10+ million per year.

And even if that was indeed even offered, money is not everything to some of these coaches that have already parleyed their coaching career into making them millionaires.

Just my Opinion…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

“Plans” is not the same thing as doing it. Tommy Tuberville planned to stay at Ole Miss. Nick Saban planned to stay at Miami. Brian Kelly planned to stay at ND. Until the coach is hired, he’s not completely out. 

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

You can say that for any possible candidate or hire. Tubs caught flack for lying about leaving Ole Miss, Chizik was 5-19, Gus was just a meh hire, Harsin had no P5 experience, etc. Caddy is loved by everybody but half the fans are totally against his hiring as HC. You'll never make an entire fanbase happy. If you base the hire on making everybody happy, you're in the wrong business.

Not the same as having multiple affairs, hiring hookers with athletic department funds, or harassing a sexual assault victim on Twitter. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

When he was coming off 10 wins last year and undefeated and in playoff contention first half of this year, many would have considered him a homerun. I said at a different time, not what his career average is. 

Same here.  Kiffin actually has a winning percentage as a college head coach that is 1% less than Malzhan's  (66% to 67%).  If you factor in his time as a head coach in the NFL his lifetime winning percentage falls to 60%!  These were figures that I came up with before the last two losses.  I had rounded up Kiffin's win percentage from 65.6 % to 66%, I would imagine now it is 65%.  To be fair, I am going to go figure Freeze's win % as a head coach now to see where it compares.

With a quick search it was found that Freeze's winning percentage as a college head coach is 66%.  If you add the bowl games in that percentage rises to 67% as he is 6 and 2 in bowl games.

Edited by BHDAU1

11 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Still about 60% think it’s Kiffin. Until we hire someone else, he’s not out. A mass reaction against freeze like we had against Steele might get Auburn to sweeten the pot enough for Kiffin.

Bro I don’t even think 60% is gonna do it. He’s staying at OM. 

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Espn reporting he is reupping with Ole Miss…🤷🏽‍♂️

ESPN also reported he was coming to Auburn. Now ESPN is reporting Freeze to Auburn. They don't know. They've missed on the Chizik, Malzahn and Harsin hires in the past. If Auburn media doesn't know exactly who we will hire, guys in Bristol, Connecticut dang sure don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Just judging from this board and social media, there seems to be a Kevin Steele type revolt among AU supporters...

This thing might not be over

I'd take Kevin Steele 10 out of 10 times over Freeze. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ok

well I suppose there are less appropriate comebacks

ESPN also reported he was coming to Auburn. Now ESPN is reporting Freeze to Auburn. They don't know. They've missed on the Chizik, Malzahn and Harsin hires in the past. If Auburn media doesn't know exactly who we will hire, guys in Bristol, Connecticut dang sure don't know.

Good point 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

“Plans” is not the same thing as doing it. Tommy Tuberville planned to stay at Ole Miss. Nick Saban planned to stay at Miami. Brian Kelly planned to stay at ND. Until the coach is hired, he’s not completely out. 

its-over-zac.gif

• Haha 1

Look the guy just agreed to a new contract with Ole Miss…you can choose to believe it or not 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I guess a moral objection these days is a foreign concept to some. 

"Win at all costs! It's the only thing that matters!" 

I have a cost. So be it. You all may continue your down voting now. 

Moral objection is fine. Really, any fan objection is fine. I think you take it too far (in the minds of some, including me) when you say you will root against Auburn. 

You know what you know about Freeze and his mistakes. I’m guessing that you have never spoken to him personally. But I’m certain that if we offer Hugh Freeze, Auburn has fully investigated the allegations, has spoken to the man many times, and is better informed on what he did and didn’t do, and what kind of man he was and is. 

Or maybe Auburn didn’t do any investigations at all, didn’t ask him about the allegations and mistakes, and will hire him blindly? 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Look the guy just agreed to a new contract with Ole Miss…you can choose to believe it or not 🤷🏽‍♂️

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I guess a moral objection these days is a foreign concept to some. 

"Win at all costs! It's the only thing that matters!" 

I have a cost. So be it. You all may continue your down voting now. 

Part of my moral upbringing included being taught to forgive. I guess forgiveness is a foreign concept to some.

Have you never made a mistake in your life? Were you forgiven for it?

• Like 3

So, once again, we cannot entice a top tier football coach to Auburn University.  

If the hopium and copium didn't flow so freely in our little village, someone might venture to ask why that is, or maybe even do something about it.  

But not this time! 

So now it's time to get to the hard work of fantasizing how Coach Freeze will win us a natty! 

And, even if he can't win us a natty, we know he can at least get us a happy ending!  

The jokes literally write themselves...

Can’t wait for the search to get carried out till the new year because we’ll be waiting on the NFL coach to finish his season, but then make an underwhelming college coach hire… it’s the usual process.