Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

So you're saying if we hire Hugh Freeze you want him to fail? What a lousy attitude from a so called fan. 

I think we fail by hiring his snake oil salesman ass. Losing will help drive the point home. 

• Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Great post. 

Winning cures all. There is no hire that would not have been divisive that was realistic. 

Freeze has been my number 1 for the most part since before Harsin was fired...there was a brief moment I wanted Sanders over him, but I think Hugh is the safer bet of him, Kiffin, and Sanders. I love the hire. He has proof of concept. He is hungry for redemption. And with proper alignment, NIL, our new FOF, I think Brother Hugh can get us back to being a title contender. 

Bingo! My sentiments to a tee.

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Absolutely nothing. HF has just as much proof of concept as Kiffin. Matter of fact, I feel safer with Hugh because his gameday coaching isn't crazy like Kiffins with all the analytics. 

I'm with you 1000% on that! I just don't see the "Homerun hire" effect with Kiffin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I appreciate your willingness to die on this hill in an odd way lol. You are either gonna look like a genius or a weirdo. 

He is just in denial.  It's hard to accept that AU has become the worst program in the West and one of the worst in the SEC.  Not being able to snag a coach from Ole Miss may be the biggest failure in AU history.  But it's where AU is now in the football pecking order.  Ole Miss is a better program.  I think MSU is a better program now as well.  AU is the least desirable program in the entire SEC (above only Vandy). 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

I'm with you 1000% on that! I just don't see the "Homerun hire" effect with Kiffin. 

His second half season results have really dampened all things Kiffin imo. At another time he would have been a homerun imo. Now ?????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Well, it doesn't reach the level of being a pimp, but it is certainly not appropriate.  The trampy girl who thought that was appropriate behavior also bears a good bit of the blame!  

Our culture has become so immoral that the behavior of both Urban and the girl would be considered mainstream and perfectly fine if it weren't a famous coach.  Women scream "misogyny" when it serves the cultural narrative, and then behave like that!

Just now, NoALtiger said:

His second half season results have really dampened all things Kiffin imo. At another time he would have been a homerun imo. Now ?????

Now????? Not so much. I see a lot of people using the distraction excuse. He's still the OM HC so any outside noise shouldn't hinder his ability to get his team ready to play. I was already sour on the Kiffin, these last few weeks has only expounded my view of him!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He was never a homerun.  His career record is 8-4.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Oh please ...keep going! Say more. 

I guess a moral objection these days is a foreign concept to some. 

"Win at all costs! It's the only thing that matters!" 

I have a cost. So be it. You all may continue your down voting now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I get it. Y'all want to win. Seriously I do understand that. I do too.

But not with him. I do not want him molding young men on out sidelines. 

I hope he crashes and burns faster than Harsin did should he become our coach.

Don’t worry we won’t get Freeze. We will turn down coaches like Urban Meyer, Ryan Day, Dabo Sweeney, Bill Cowher, and Vince Lombardi… And hire a far more elite coach … be thinking the name Rhett, last name rhymes with Ashley, that’s all I’m allowed to say.

30 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

So we hire a guy who's lost two in a row including to UConn and a 3 win Va Tech team instead. Yep, big step up. 

Where did I say it was a "big step up" buddy? I'm just stating that Kiffin has lost 3 in a row and to offer him 12 million a year at this point would look really bad.  There is no arguing that if you are being reasonable.  I would imagine that Hiring Freeze at a FRACTION of that price suddenly doesn't look like such a bad alternative to the PTB.  I don't really have a favorite yet myself, I want to see how the Iron Bowl turns out.  If Caddy can win this Iron Bowl it would instantly make him a much more viable candidate IMO, and I would think the decision-makers at AU would have to get together to discuss it further.  Just my .02 cents..

• Like 1

If it is in fact Danny that we hire I will support it because I am All Auburn....

With that being said it is disappointing to think that we could have went after ANYONE in the country for a splash hire and we somehow seem to be incapable of doing that. For anyone that says that this was our best option I respectfully disagree. He has been at times a good coach and he has been at times a bad coach. I think he will produce a product consistent with what Gustav did and we will be here again complaining about it this time next year.

It is time that we as Auburn men and women realize that we are not a premier program and fail to attract top level coaching interests 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

No, it's pretty simple to see. First of all, Freeze was buying players so who he had at Ole Miss is no indication of who he'll have when larger, richer programs can also buy players. Second, we've seen this story before. Freeze has no leverage here. He'll hire who he's told. That's no necessarily a good thing, as we saw several times with Gus. 

This hire needed to unite boosters. It may do that...for now. 
It needed to unite the fanbase. Fail.
It needed to inject excitement into a flailing program. Nope. 
It needs to kill it in the portal. Doubtful.
It needs to dramatically turn around recruiting. We're going to need a LOT of NIL money to offset the easy negativity surrounding this hire.

I just see no positives here. This was absolutely the hire I feared most and if this is true, what do you think is going to happen if we turn in a 6-6, 7-5 type season? Do you think Freeze will get the patience a more attractive hire would have? If so, again, I admire your optimism. 

Well if the plan was not to distract from Caddy's day, this was a failure.  I think that was a made up lie once we saw that Kiffin was jerking us around.  As others have stated, it is not ethical/against the law to sign a contract while a coach has another contract. 

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

He was never a homerun.  His career record is 8-4.

When he was coming off 10 wins last year and undefeated and in playoff contention first half of this year, many would have considered him a homerun. I said at a different time, not what his career average is. 

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

There is no consensus hire here - not even Caddy.  If he were hired and lost a few in '23, it would start all over again. 

Agreed, but you can limit the divisiveness. I say this because apparently one of Roberts big goals was to bring people together. No coach will get 100% buy in, but the backlash I've seen this morning to this news is crazy. I've never seen it this bad, even when Steele was rumored

I can leave with Freeze, but there is a lot to overlook.  I still think it's Lane for the simple reason that he hasn't signed his Ole Miss extension.  I can't see him letting us announce Freeze before he does that because he is going to want to everyone to think he turned us down.  I'm still hoping there is a 3rd option.

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Serious question. Media is about to come out and say Freeze was the #1 guy all along when we know it was Kiffin. Do we ALWAYS miss out on our #1 guy or what? In my lifetime, we have never hired the top guy we were after. Always ends up being the the 3rd or 4th guy we hired 

I know what you're saying. Go to YouTube and type in "Auburn Undercover Houston Nutt interview." It was an interview from wednesday and is 19 minutes long. He coached 4 years at Ole Miss and tells the differences between Ole Miss and Auburn and why Kiffin would come to Auburn and why Kiffin would also stay at Ole Miss.

One thing that I took away from the interview is Houston said he has coached in the SEC West, at 2 schools, for 14 years and coached against Auburn 14 years. He said Auburn is a VERY hard job, even though they have everything to win championships and have a rich history. He said there are alot of good coaches that just don't want to deal with Georgia and Alabama on each side of you, especially recently how both schools have dominated. 

He took Orgeron's place at Ole Miss and was replaced by Hugh Freeze. He said his 4 years at Ole Miss, he begged for their own dining hall and their own weight room and NEVER got it. That was a shocker to me. It's a good listen and he tells some things about Arkansas and Ole Miss that most never knew. WDE

4 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Where did I say it was a "big step up" buddy? I'm just stating that Kiffin has lost 3 in a row and to offer him 12 million a year at this point would look really bad.  There is no arguing that if you are being reasonable.  I would imagine that Hiring Freeze at a FRACTION of that price suddenly doesn't look like such a bad alternative to the PTB.  I don't really have a favorite yet myself, I want to see how the Iron Bowl turns out.  If Caddy can win this Iron Bowl it would instantly make him a much more viable candidate IMO, and I would think the decision-makers at AU would have to get together to discuss it further.  Just my .02 cents..

Caddy is not ready.  

• Like 1

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Anti-Freeze tweets are now taking off on Twitter. I knew a substantial part of the fan base would not be behind him.

Doesn’t matter, Kiffin is the hire right??

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Anti-Freeze tweets are now taking off on Twitter. I knew a substantial part of the fan base would not be behind him.

Any sane and reasonable person with an ounce of decency beyond "just win, baby" would not be behind this hire. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Doesn’t matter, Kiffin is the hire right??

Still about 60% think it’s Kiffin. Until we hire someone else, he’s not out. A mass reaction against freeze like we had against Steele might get Auburn to sweeten the pot enough for Kiffin.

Edited by ScotsAU

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I can leave with Freeze, but there is a lot to overlook.  I still think it's Lane for the simple reason that he hasn't signed his Ole Miss extension.  I can't see him letting us announce Freeze before he does that because he is going to want to everyone to think he turned us down.  I'm still hoping there is a 3rd option.

What if Kiffin hasn't signed his extension because he is waiting on a job that might open? Not signing his extension doesn't particularly mean Auburn is the other school in play. He could seriously be waiting to see if Saban steps down for an unknown medical reason. Alot of Bammers want Lane to replace Saban. 

I thought exactly like you until this was brought up that he may be waiting for another big job to possibly open and even an NFL job that he may be in play for considering he coached in the NFL before.