2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Or...this is Bama trying to infiltrate AU recruits the same way Yeldon did even though the commitments are different. 

I wonder if the coaches have a little less time to focus on those shenanigans with the additional responsibilities of portal recruitment and roster retention.  

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m not an insider but unless he flips before signing day, this kid is going to Bama. 

@woodford He's not signing on NSD. He's signing 2 days later on his birthday. And flipping then would probably the best time to do it if he were to flip because virtually 0 time for Bama to put pressuire on him to flip back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I just hope AU can throw the ball Enough to keep them all happy . The portal will take em if not. I’m an armchair QB, but if we can’t throw. All three will go to greener pastures. I’m trying to be optimistic, but I’m still scared. 

This has been my fear.  Can you keep them all happy so they don't bolt after 1 year.  I know that's the world we live in, but I think I would be just as happy with the Freeze 4 and shore up other areas of need with what we would give Williams.  I know some will say, you don't pass up a talent like him and I get that but ..........just saying.  I think you fight for him until the end but if he does choose Bama, you don't lose sleep over it.  This is just my opinion, so don't grill me over it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

This has been my fear.  Can you keep them all happy so they don't bolt after 1 year.  I know that's the world we live in, but I think I would be just as happy with the Freeze 4 and shore up other areas of need with what we would give Williams.  I know some will say, you don't pass up a talent like him and I get that but ..........just saying.  I think you fight for him until the end but if he does choose Bama, you don't lose sleep over it.  This is just my opinion, so don't grill me over it.

I agree with you. We already have great WR class and it would be awesome to add him, but if we don't flip him don't  cry celebrate who we did get.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@woodford He's not signing on NSD. He's signing 2 days later on his birthday. And flipping then would probably the best time to do it if he were to flip because virtually 0 time for Bama to put pressuire on him to flip back.

Yeah I know he’s signing after I’m just saying. You’re right but still I don’t see it happening. I hope I’m wrong. 

It’s just hard to imagine a prospect this coveted that’s committed to Bama flipping at the 13th hour. Again, I hope I’m wrong and everyone laughs at me. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Yeah I know he’s signing after I’m just saying. You’re right but still I don’t see it happening. I hope I’m wrong. 

It’s just hard to imagine a prospect this coveted that’s committed to Bama flipping at the 13th hour. Again, I hope I’m wrong and everyone laughs at me. 

Those days are over. I'm not saying Williams won't sign with them, but it's the wild west now and everybody can sling cash around, not just $puat.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gman87 said:

Those days are over. I'm not saying Williams won't sign with them, but it's the wild west now and everybody can sling cash around, not just $puat.

The stench of THE REC is still existent.  Not as rank as in years past,  but still there.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, woodford said:

If I were him, and I was going to flip, I'd do it at the last minute too. Otherwise, you're gonna get harassed by bama fans and pressured by their coaches up until signing day. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure if true or how it’s done, but I’ve heard that all bammer players have a base rate and the REC takes care of “NIL”.  I’m sure there is a lot of tax issues gonna crop up at some point for all of these so called amateurs 

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The stench of THE REC is still existent.  Not as rank as in years past,  but still there.

Yup & could be a big factor if they keep RW.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Will be the ONLY factor if they keep him. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

With the offer numbers from both schools for RW that I have heard, the REC has a lot of catching up to do... A LOT of catching up to do. Yes, I know they have it and will likely use it. 

1 hour ago, AUStew87 said:

With the offer numbers from both schools for RW that I have heard, the REC has a lot of catching up to do... A LOT of catching up to do. Yes, I know they have it and will likely use it. 

It’s an AU/bammer tug of war for a 5-star. Why wouldn’t they use it?

1 hour ago, Viper said:

It’s an AU/bammer tug of war for a 5-star. Why wouldn’t they use it?

I'm not sure Dodge Chargers carry the same weight that they use to. 😅

Any hopefully Bammer shelling out $$$ for Overton (A&M Transfer) and Kevin Riley means they won't quite have a blank check. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

9 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I'm not sure Dodge Chargers carry the same weight that they use to. 😅

Poor T-town Tom…not the celebrity he used to be. 

“All you can offer me is a suit??”

t-town-menswear-owner-tom-albetarjpg-845

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Poor T-town Tom…not the celebrity he used to be. 

“All you can offer me is a suit??”

t-town-menswear-owner-tom-albetarjpg-845

You got it all wrong.

They hung around him because of his great personality. It has nothing to do with free suits. 

• Haha 1

Ah, the good old days, when you could buy a recruit with a Dodge Charger and a fitted suit, or a McDonald’s bag of cash. Now it’s gold bars and caviar.

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Still only about the 3rd most blatant case of the last 15 years that went untouched 🤣

Technically, bammer gave T-town Tom a Cease and Desist letter to stay off the their sidelines. Stop meddling with our kids in plain sight!

*pssssst* "hey Tom, keep up the good work at the shop"

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, au701948 said:

I hope AU spends its time and money on more positive endeavors. Things like insuring we keep our current class together until signed next week and upgrading our other specific areas of need.

I’ve seen this dog and pony show before with maybe at least one Bama recruit every year. It’s not worth the anguish for the minimal amount of return.

Work hard on our good guys. JMO

So your hope came true...the staff worked hard on our good guys and insured they kept our current class together while upgrading our other specific areas of need.

In your opinion, should they keep participating in the dog and pony show for Williams?

Or in your opinion, should they just count their blessings, call it a day, wave the white flag due to too much anguish for the minimal amount of return over the next 7 weeks, roll over and let bammer have their guy?

Edited by Viper

On 12/20/2023 at 8:25 PM, Viper said:

So your hope came true...the staff worked hard on our good guys and insured they kept our current class together while upgrading our other specific areas of need.

In your opinion, should they keep participating in the dog and pony show for Williams?

Or in your opinion, should they just count their blessings, call it a day, wave the white flag due to too much anguish for the minimal amount of return over the next 7 weeks, roll over and let bammer have their guy?

No reason not to keep pushing for him. One he would be icing on the cake. Two if he does stay wirh bama they probably will end up paying a lot more than originally planned. Three we are about to hit doldrums as for as recruiting news the circus around R W will give us something to read during the doldrums.