2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

DB Crawford is committing this weekend and AU is the slight favorite over Florida and LSU 

FIFY

- AU coaches feel good about LB Simmons. No time table for his commitment. Not sure if he will be at BCW. 

Has no visit plans for that weekend as of a couple days ago.

- AU feels good about LB Shaw.

More like cautiously optimistic. ND is still a threat.

LB Riddock...Basically it would be a surprise if he is in the class at this point. 

Not really. Bama may have a lead but it's very close.

WR Simmons is going to BCW and with the sudden loss of Coleman, sounds like he is a take. 

Not yet per Cole Pinkston a day or so ago.

Also sounds like the coaches/AU were really blindsided by Coleman

Yup.

and that ship has sailed

Nope. Still fighting per JLee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So reading the tea leaves and listening to podcasts over the last week, here is what is seems is expected as of today. (This can all change instantly - see Cam Coleman)

- DB Crawford is committing this weekend and AU is the slight favorite over Florida and LSU 
- AU coaches feel good about LB Simmons. No time table for his commitment. Not sure if he will be at BCW. 
- AU feels good about LB Shaw. No time table on his commitment. 
- 3 team race for High 4 star OL D Carter. AU is one of the 3 and we are hoping to get him to BCW

- The 2 committed guys. WR Thompson and LB Riddock (sp) will possibly be at BCW. Rivals and a few others expect Rid to commit to AL before BCW so if this happens, he won’t be there. ON3 and 247 give us a much better chance but are still leaning slightly to AL. Basically it would be a surprise if he is in the class at this point. 
This just my opinion but WR Thompson is either trolling AU big time or will flip to us. Reading all the tea leaves on podcasts and all sites makes it seem like the coaches have gone all in on him and he likes AU a lot. If he makes it to BCW we could flip him (which would be the biggest recruiting win since saban has been at AL). 
- WR Simmons is going to BCW and with the sudden loss of Coleman, sounds like he is a take. 
Also sounds like the coaches/AU were really blindsided by Coleman and that ship has sailed. I think we will recruit him but not like we were. 

E / Bird/ anyone - did I miss anything or mess anything up? Haha

Looks good to me

For anyone that is bored on this slow football day, I have started the debate of the century on the all things considered board.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

For anyone that is bored on this slow football day, I have started the debate of the century on the all things considered board.

• Haha 1

Just really checking into the recruiting situation.  I took a quick spin around the recruiting rankings...On3 had us at #23 and the others seem to have us outside the top 40.  Avg player rankings look ok; but with only 10, we seem to be pretty far back even at 23 (hard to believe that much disparity given the avg player rankings). 

What's the latest inside info on where we expect this to land?  Can someone please catch me up...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Just really checking into the recruiting situation.  I took a quick spin around the recruiting rankings...On3 had us at #23 and the others seem to have us outside the top 40.  Avg player rankings look ok; but with only 10, we seem to be pretty far back even at 23 (hard to believe that much disparity given the avg player rankings). 

What's the latest inside info on where we expect this to land?  Can someone please catch me up...

We're expecting 4* CB Jaylin Crawford to commit today at 2:30,, But nothing is for sure now a days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

We are behind.  We have a solid base, but need to keep adding hopefully 5-7 by the time season starts.  Hopefully BCW leads to a few.  Riddick announcing right before BCW hopefully will be a start.

• Like 3

What's the latest inside info on where we expect this to land?

@japantiger From Bigbird when a similar question was asked on the previous page FWIW.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, bigbird said:

8-12

• Like 1

AeroEagle, Ellitor and WED Thanks!

I can see top 15 given the avg player rankings...even with On3 having us with 5, 4* and 5, 3*; carry that forward to a full class and we improve on the last couple of years.  #8 seems like a best of all possible scenarios and would be amazing given the circumstances of the last 5 years.   Cracking top 10 would be a big win.  

Edited by japantiger
  • Like 4

I can see top 15 given the avg player rankings...even with On3 having us with 5, 4* and 5, 3*; carry that forward to a full class and we improve on the last couple of years.  #8 seems like a best of all possible scenarios and would be amazing given the circumstances of the last 5 years.   Cracking top 10 would be a big win.  

Next month will be critical to breaking into that 7-12 range.  We have to get Riddick and Perry to flip to us. We need top ranked guys to boost us up.

We miss on them we'll be 15-20 IYAM

• Like 2

Not too shabby!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Yes please 🙏 

On 7/15/2023 at 11:33 AM, japantiger said:

You just checked in and everything you said seems right. 

I seriously doubt we will finish in the top 10. 

Cain and Simmons are likely to get bumped. That itself will help ascend us further up. If Hugh adds the two 5 stars at the end of the month, hopefully that sets us up for a top 10 class as we add more. Either way, the class looks great if we are able to add Perry and Riddick. The lack of OL commits is once again unnerving.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The lack of OL commits is once again unnerving.

THIS!!

WTH?!?

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUGoo not a good class overall to get OL. Gonna hit the portal pretty hard.

Trying to flip a couple too

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUGoo not a good class overall to get OL. Gonna hit the portal pretty hard.

I thought we went over this that it's exactly the same depth as the past few classes

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.ed5f6146933224d793b15433cb7512cb.gif

Quick derail.

@AUBwins Is this the best haction of all time in terms of multi individual world champions?