2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is there an official list for Big Cat visitors yet? I just read where KJ Bolden will be there. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

@woodford From yesterday in the Recruit Commit Date thread.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

If there is a list, it's internal right now, meaning the AU staff has it. Recruiting sites will start compiling names on their own the last half of July. AU gives out an official list to reporters the day before the event, which is July 29th. All that to say, you have to wait a few more weeks at minimum, in all likelyhood.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree with AUwent on this. Billy Napier and Florida finished 6-7 last season but he has been on fire in recruiting for the 2024 class. I haven't looked at rankings lately but Florida was in 2nd, right behind Georgia for the 2024 class. On field results help but Napier is proving that top 5 classes can be had even with a below average 1st season on the field. WDE

Miami's on-the-field product is worse than UF's.  Is Ga Tech's product attractive?   🤮

Every kid & parent has their own list of what's most important to them.  The handlers/agents should be more than able to give our staff an inside scoop on what the parent needs and what kind of $$ they're looking for to gain Auburn serious consideration. 

This relationship building has to start at the ground level and sadly that ground is full of handlers.  Folks with their hands out for their piece of the pie, folks that know the bidding process and the going rates.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Miami's on-the-field product is worse than UF's.  Is Ga Tech's product attractive?   🤮

Every kid & parent has their own list of what's most important to them.  The handlers/agents should be more than able to give our staff an inside scoop on what the parent needs and what kind of $$ they're looking for to gain Auburn serious consideration. 

This relationship building has to start at the ground level and sadly that ground is full of handlers.  Folks with their hands out for their piece of the pie, folks that know the bidding process and the going rates.  

But sometimes you have a kid whose father played at a particular school, kid grew up going to their games, and pictured himself one day wearing that particular uniform, much like many Auburn legacy kids have done.  That seems to be the case in this instance.  And I for one can't blame the kid if he makes this choice.

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

But sometimes you have a kid whose father played at a particular school, kid grew up going to their games, and pictured himself one day wearing that particular uniform, much like many Auburn legacy kids have done.  That seems to be the case in this instance.  And I for one can't blame the kid if he makes this choice.

Don’t forget the part where the head coach chases them off and gets fired for crapping on the team, program, and school. At least in the Harsin/Bo case…

• Like 1

Auburn is in the top group for 4-star DL TJ Lindsey

JD McCarthy

Four-star defensive lineman TJ Lindsey is one of the top defensive linemen in the country and a key Auburn target.

The Tigers are not the only school in pursuit of the Bryant, Arkansas native though, he has taken official visits to Texas, Texas A&Mand Miami in addition to Auburn.

Buy Tigers Tickets

While several schools are in pursuit, Auburn and Texas have started to separate themselves for Lindsey, who told On3’s Cole Pinkston that they were probably the best official visits he took.

“Auburn’s chances are very high,” he added.” “I would say they are probably in the top three, and that could be anybody. “Same situation with (Texas).”

He also believes that Auburn has “everything that I am looking for and that I would want or need.”

Lindsey is the No. 329 overall player and No. 30 defensive lineman in the On3 Industry Ranking. He is also the No. 50 player from Florida.

He included Auburn in his top 10 schools on June 1 ahead of his official visits and the Tigers have clearly pulled ahead of the pack since then. The next step in his recruitment could be a commitment, something On3’s Gerry Hamilton believes is “very likely” to happen before he reports to IMG Academy on July 20.

• Like 1

Edited by toddc
  • Like 5

• Like 3

• Like 4

• Like 1

ON3 is definitely WAY more optimistic than rivals or 247. 
The rivals “hot boards” were more like cold boards. It is pretty amazing at the difference between the sites.

I hope ON3 is correct. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

When did Ben Wolk switch from covering Auburn to uga?  

I think he left AU last year and started covering Uga recently. Just like KN left AU a few months ago and started covering Florida. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On recruiting stuff Cole and JLee are pretty solid.  I'm not sure who JHead is or why everyone puts so much stock in what he says.  He seems like nice enough of a guy.  Maybe he knows someone that has good sources and used to feed message boards good intel?  When it comes to coaching and other administrative stuff I tend to put more stock in Jay Tate.  He was on Freeze from the get go even though that may not have been a big mystery looking back. 

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

On recruiting stuff Cole and JLee are pretty solid.  I'm not sure who JHead is or why everyone puts so much stock in what he says.  He seems like nice enough of a guy.  Maybe he knows someone that has good sources and used to feed message boards good intel?  When it comes to coaching and other administrative stuff I tend to put more stock in Jay Tate.  He was on Freeze from the get go even though that may not have been a big mystery looking back. 

Tate had the advantage of having Brian Stultz on staff which is why he knew Hugh was Auburn bound.  Supposedly Brian and Hugh are buddies.

JHead sounds very convincing when he talks and lays out good logical explanations...not sure how accurate he is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Tate had the advantage of having Brian Stultz on staff which is why he knew Hugh was Auburn bound.  Supposedly Brian and Hugh are buddies.

^^^This^^^

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he left AU last year and started covering Uga recently. Just like KN left AU a few months ago and started covering Florida. 

Keith was the best part about AU ON3 IMO. It's difficult for me to get through some of their podcasts without him. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

13 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Keith was the best part about AU ON3 IMO. It's difficult for me to get through some of their podcasts without him. 

Agreed. Sometimes, they are just down right goofy. Except for Pinkston. I think JLee goofiness makes Pink uncomfortable at times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Who is the commitment that the On3 guys keep hinting at today? 

DB from Georgia 

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Agreed. Sometimes, they are just down right goofy. Except for Pinkston. I think JLee goofiness makes Pink uncomfortable at times.

He's okay, but sometimes he does that Ernest T. Bass laugh. 

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who (247 page please)?

Jaylin Crawford, I think was supposed to commit today 

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sadly it sounds like he’s no longer announcing today. Corey Raymond get in his ear?

Edited by AUwent

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It was speculated, but he wants his own day

• Like 2