Baseball vs Lipscomb Series

Chase coming in. Obviously Butch trying some different stuff tonight. Calling it a night here due to a long day. Allsup coming in at 96 mph on a couple of pitches. Can not do a lot with that at the knees. WDE! Side struck out. Last pitch at 97.

• Like 1

Allsup gave up a leadoff HR in the top of the ninth, Lipscomb does the travel ball boom when the runner touches home.  Next pitch a nice and easy 95 mph in the middle of the batter's back.  I'm not saying it was intentional, but I would say it's stupid to put on like somebody hit a go ahead grand slam when it's just a decent solo shot down by five.  

Tigers win 7-3.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

BTW, 3 doubles for Howell tonight.

Howell also got his 200th career hit, not sure how many guys have had that productive of a career.

Chris Stanfield is going to be really fun to watch.  Wonder if he would have gotten three if he had come hard out of the box...went into a home run trot on a ball that only went 3/4 up the wall in left center.  Probably a good teachable moment for Gabe.

I guess Allsup threw the split last night for the first time?  I thought that's what it was on the first strikeout in the ninth...dropped about a foot right in front of the batter.  Pretty filthy.

• Like 1

And WDE!!! Win in B9 12-11. Crazy day at Plainsman Park and throughout the league from my understanding 

GAME 2

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 2

This Lipscomb bunch can flat out hit.  Got me curious, did some looking...they're not slouches.  Regular starters are transfers from Miss St., Louisville, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee.  They did take 2 of 3 from Notre Dame to start the season.  The kid that started on the mound signed with Vandy out of high school.  Makes me feel a little better about last night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Come back time again

9EFF3365-8431-4790-9E0F-17E475155BC1.jpeg

What happened here. Salty? The picture don't tell the story.

Lipscomb gave us a hell of a series this weekend. Pleased with the sweep. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This Lipscomb bunch can flat out hit.  Got me curious, did some looking...they're not slouches.  Regular starters are transfers from Miss St., Louisville, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee.  They did take 2 of 3 from Notre Dame to start the season.  The kid that started on the mound signed with Vandy out of high school.  Makes me feel a little better about last night.

Lipscomb is not shabby at all. To date we took care of a Big Ten team, a USC team with 12 NC’s and a team in Lipscomb that is not afraid to play anyone. Having not heard of their football does not equate to weak Baseball. Real season starts soon and beginning to love this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

We won in great game….WDE!!!

War Eagle Brother Salty!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lipscomb is not shabby at all. To date we took care of a Big Ten team, a USC team with 12 NC’s and a team in Lipscomb that is not afraid to play anyone. Having not heard of their football does not equate to weak Baseball. Real season starts soon and beginning to love this team.

I love this team, but still learning their names and positions.  Whenever Kirby, Irish, and Ware get up to the plate I expect big things to happen. 

• Like 3

On 3/5/2023 at 8:09 PM, AUDevil said:

I love this team, but still learning their names and positions.  Whenever Kirby, Irish, and Ware get up to the plate I expect big things to happen. 

Don’t forget how Bobby and Cole turned it up to another level last season. Bobby will be back soon. Love this time of year!

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:31 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t forget how Bobby and Cole turned it up to another level last season. Bobby will be back soon. Love this time of year!

Cole Foster? Nah, he’s not any good 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Cole Foster? Nah, he’s not any good 😂

4 hit night last evening vs JSU. 5 at bats so obviously room for improvement.

• Like 1