2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

What was Pat Nix's role in this? Is he pro Auburn, passive towards Auburn or does he have a secret desire to rub Auburn's nose in any drama that he can? I can't believe that the commitment took Nix by surprise.

I have spent a LOT of time in the Phenix City/Columbus area and the area is an Alabama/THUGA cesspool, We(Auburn) may be better served to stop wasting time at Central PC and Thompson in Alabaster. 

11 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

What was Pat Nix's role in this? Is he pro Auburn, passive towards Auburn or does he have a secret desire to rub Auburn's nose in any drama that he can? I can't believe that the commitment took Nix by surprise.

I have spent a LOT of time in the Phenix City/Columbus area and the area is an Alabama/THUGA cesspool, We(Auburn) may be better served to stop wasting time at Central PC and Thompson in Alabaster. 

I'm nearly positive there have been articles written about Hugh/Pat Nix mending fences and whatnot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm nearly positive there have been articles written about Hugh/Pat Nix mending fences and whatnot. 

I’m personally getting sick and tired of the constant attack on the Nix’s. They constantly get scapegoated as these secret bad actors who are trying to destroy Auburn. The reality is Auburn has been a lot more shi**y to Bo and Pat than they have been to Auburn. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm quite sure they have, but it is NOT a high school coach's job to steer one of his players to a certain school.  Sure he can give advice, but his #1 goal should be to help his athlete do what's best for his future.  If said athlete can get life changing $$$$ (which some are doing) at 18 years old, the high school coach  should just say congratulations and wish him good luck in the future.

• Like 4

This ain't over til' it's over. I haven't read through the whole thread, but I am assuming this is a money thing. I think OTV will do what they can to flip him but I suspect they won't really ratchet up the pressure until after we flip Perry Thompson. 

21 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

but I suspect they won't really ratchet up the pressure until after we flip Perry Thompson

That might be one of those baskets you don’t want to put tooooo many eggs into

• Like 1

16 hours ago, woodford said:

Fellas it’s July 4th. Guys flip. He lives next door to Auburn it can change. I’m glad we have standards but come on, we were trash recruiters up until last December.

The portal exists so recruiting is never truly over. TAMU’s future could look pretty bleak in a few months. 

Does Pat Nix have some ill will towards his alma mater?  Does Dameyune Craig have some ill will towards his alma mater?  Does Bobby Petrino have some ill will from the old "Jet Gate" fiasco from years ago?

There are just entirely too many folks eerily familiar or connected with Auburn football to get a comfort feeling for why Cam Coleman chose aTm.  Blindsiding Auburn in the process, slapping our coaches, writers and "insiders" upside the head with this commitment. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GAAubie said:

about Freeman and Thompson....i have agreed on that for years; however, I am told by another 7A HS coach in AL (personal friend of mine) that Freeman really likes Coach Freeze.   

• Like 2

Regardless of Coleman, I am still really happy of the recruiting direction Freeze has us headed.  The guy hasn’t even been here 12 months and we are going head to head with our major rivals and making them flinch.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GAAubie said:

His QB coach at Auburn was Jimbo. I don't know the relationship after that but they aren't strangers for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

about Freeman and Thompson....i have agreed on that for years; however, I am told by another 7A HS coach in AL (personal friend of mine) that Freeman really likes Coach Freeze.   

In Shug's words....You're so right, Carl!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Freeman has always liked Auburn. The Thompson AD is an AU graduate. They weren't going to send players anywhere that couldn't take the time to have a presence at the school. Glad Freeze is changing that. As far as Coleman, I may be completely wrong, but I don't believe this one is over

• Like 2

This Cam Coleman situation just reminds me of tough of a business SEC football is. I'm aware of the expectations and how much these coaches are getting paid, but it's more difficult than ever to close on elite talent, especially with how much money is being thrown around with NIL.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 3:47 PM, HAPvsOA said:

I think we'd gladly give them each their own side of the field with Cain and Craver sharing the middle. 

@HAPvsOA Craver is not a take for AU, or wasn't as of a few days ago. Bryce Cain took his spot.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AUwent said:

WTH? Inexcusable. I know they have all the NIL in the world but this shows I had reason to be skeptical of Marcus Davis and several other staff hires. I firmly believe that the buyouts were a bit part of why we went with the assistant hires we did, so hopefully after 2024 and Gus’s buyout period expires we can make a run at some real assistants.

Way too early, illogical overreaction. Let things play out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The recruits just gotta see us put together another miracle season that has a 5% chance of happening. If we do not have the $ for NIL, it may be time to quit the SEC.

Glad you are in the meetings to know all this stuff.

Please step away from the keyboard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, but can you see how this doesn’t exactly instill confidence going forward that we can compete in this new era?

If the current picture today is the same in late December, and after the Spring portal season, then maybe, but let's get to those points first.

22 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

But can't you see your constant moaning and groaning about everything is old.

Wwe Sami Zayn GIF - Wwe Sami Zayn Thank You - Discover ...

@AUBwins Things definitely ain't feeling Ucey up in here.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Grown men way too emotional about where some kid decides to play football. 

Are we sure we all are?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Im out too!

image.gif

Not gonna lie. I felt so pumped when Jay jacked Roman’s jaw.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Time to move this to rivals recruiting, huh?

@gr82b4au nope! There are conflicting reports on whether AU is going to fight this one or not. So until all sources say AU has moved on the thread stays in this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

choice, I wanted Kiffin

Well that was your first mistake 😈 

• Like 2