2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

SmoggySereneElver-size_restricted.gif

What's up with the two guys behind it/thing??? S'um going on there???? Not that there is anything wrong with it.........

Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You are 100% correct here. AU will not and is not going to get in a bidding war for Coleman or any kid like this. That is the whole point. Not sure what you point is here? You are acting like AU is poor. I'm telling and have been for years, AU has PLENTY of money. Money has NEVER been an AU problem. Leadership has been AU's problem. Not money. 

My point? AU has money but relative to A&M we are poor. If a player wants to be bought and A&M wants him, they can out-bid us. Don't try to read more into my statement than what I've written. That we can't match them dollar for dollar is established fact. Whether we would want to match them or not is an entirely different matter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What's up with the two guys behind it/thing??? S'um going on there???? Not that there is anything wrong with it.........

Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

Just a little of this...

sammie-coates-uses-some-muscles-against-

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2023 at 7:35 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Let me ask this question here with A&M and it's endless money, what has it got them in the past 100 years? ALL THAT MONEY? They just get all that money? Why aren't they dominating football like bama and uga are doing? Beat up on Ohio State? Longhorn's little brother? 

Well, there is a difference now that it's "legal".  A&M has a huge enrollment of some 75K students.  Their fans are rabid, and absolutely desperate for success on the football field.  They have had very little over the years, and now that it's a money game, the fans are willing to ante up.  I have to admit it was hysterical last year when they were getting to Saban.  Now they we are in the game for some of these players, it's not as funny. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This is the qualifying round for flight attendant school. It's the "plane is going down" procedure. 

"Wave bye bye. Backstroke backstroke. Push other passengers away to the right then to the left. More backstroke"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, there is a difference now that it's "legal".  A&M has a huge enrollment of some 75K students.  Their fans are rabid, and absolutely desperate for success on the football field.  They have had very little over the years, and now that it's a money game, the fans are willing to ante up.  I have to admit it was hysterical last year when they were getting to Saban.  Now they we are in the game for some of these players, it's not as funny. 

It isn't just a money game. That is the whole point here.  Just because it legal now, don't be naive and think A&M hasn't been slinging cash around buying recruits for the past 20 plus years. Absolutely they have. 

Saban is pissed off the whole system. That has leveled what he has done and given schools like AU a chance to do things he could get away with in the past. Saban is pissed off at Jimbo for calling Nick out for what he has been doing in the past, cheating his ass off. That is personal. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Then this should show you what huge influence big money has within a college program. Has A&M even played in the SEC championship game? Accord to some in this thread, all that money is HUGE winning strategy. Hell they ready to fire their high paid coach but can't because his buyout is too much, LOL. 

As far as Auburn vs A&M with money, how do you know Auburn couldn't bid against A&M on a consistent basis? Could you even name a couple of AU money people, family's past 5? I don't think 99% of the people here could. What Auburn and A&M are willing to spend on athletics might be a little closer than you think. Most of this is private behind the scenes deals that, believe it or not, some AU people don't want hitting the streets. Legal or illegal. AU has at least 3 BILLIONAIRES funding athletics. One, not even on people's radar.  Add in Tim Cook, it's four. That isn't "poor". Two more than bama has funding things. Money isn't a problem at AU. All of this Auburn is poor is absurd. Piss poor leadership has been AU's problem for decades. 

I just don't get all of this gashing of the teeth over Coleman and A&M. It's not the end of the world and this isn't nowhere near over. Not going to be the only kid that AU will miss on because of outrageous NIL deals. It's going to happen. It's not the way Hugh thinks is going to build a sustainable program at AU. (So I'm told) 

Sigh..... What part of my statement: "Don't try to read more into my statement than what I have written" do you not understand? Look at the two school's endowments. Though it's not a direct reflection on how much money is available for NIL, it does tell us that they are a lot richer than AU is.

Again, How much good that has done for them is not the question. The question is how much more money do they have available and anybody with any sense knows the answer is A LOT.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It isn't just a money game. That is the whole point here.  Just because it legal now, don't be naive and think A&M hasn't been slinging cash around buying recruits for the past 20 plus years. Absolutely they have. 

Saban is pissed off the whole system. That has leveled what he has done and given schools like AU a chance to do things he could get away with in the past. Saban is pissed off at Jimbo for calling Nick out for what he has been doing in the past, cheating his ass off. That is personal. 

I have said that NIL is a leveling of the playing field.  Saban has gotten away with murder since he arrived at bummer, and Kirby, the same since he arrived at UGA.

This isn't fun for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

I have said that NIL is a leveling of the playing field.  Saban has gotten away with murder since he arrived at bummer, and Kirby, the same since he arrived at UGA.

This isn't fun for them.

I think Kirby is doing just fine currently

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

This isn't fun for them.

Saban's doing fine, Kirby's doing fine, Ryan Day is doing fine and even Billy Napier at UF is blowing & going in recruiting with a lot of top out-of-state recruits. 

I can see where NIL isn't fun for them because they having to more seriously manage their rosters.  I'm sure trying to tell a 5* hot shot who's had smoke blown up his arse and people on social media chirping in his ear that he's going to have to work hard to earn his spot on the uat/uga roster isn't fun. 

When grown men are pitching everything under the sun and the recruit's agent & parents are shopping his services to the highest bidder before he ever sets foot on campus, the kid may have an over inflated opinion of himself.  That's probably not fun to an already proven NC winning head coach & his staff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I think Kirby is doing just fine currently

My apologies. I meant in that everybody else gets to play on the same playing field now.

That is not fun for either of them.

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Saban's doing fine, Kirby's doing fine, Ryan Day is doing fine and even Billy Napier at UF is blowing & going in recruiting with a lot of top out-of-state recruits. 

I can see where NIL isn't fun for them because they having to more seriously manage their rosters.  I'm sure trying to tell a 5* hot shot who's had smoke blown up his arse and people on social media chirping in his ear that he's going to have to work hard to earn his spot on the uat/uga roster isn't fun. 

When grown men are pitching everything under the sun and the recruit's agent & parents are shopping his services to the highest bidder before he ever sets foot on campus, the kid may have an over inflated opinion of himself.  That's probably not fun to an already proven NC winning head coach & his staff.

Add in one 5* making more than another. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Add in one 5* making more than another. 

That’ll screw up a locker room.  I can see where if I’m AU, I might pay more for a 4 star OT than a 5 star RB right now.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Then this should show you what huge influence big money has within a college program. Has A&M even played in the SEC championship game? Accord to some in this thread, all that money is HUGE winning strategy. Hell they ready to fire their high paid coach but can't because his buyout is too much, LOL. 

As far as Auburn vs A&M with money, how do you know Auburn couldn't bid against A&M on a consistent basis? Could you even name a couple of AU money people, family's past 5? I don't think 99% of the people here could. What Auburn and A&M are willing to spend on athletics might be a little closer than you think. Most of this is private behind the scenes deals that, believe it or not, some AU people don't want hitting the streets. Legal or illegal. AU has at least 3 BILLIONAIRES funding athletics. One, not even on people's radar.  Add in Tim Cook, it's four. That isn't "poor". Two more than bama has funding things. Money isn't a problem at AU. All of this Auburn is poor is absurd. Piss poor leadership has been AU's problem for decades. 

I just don't get all of this gashing of the teeth over Coleman and A&M. It's not the end of the world and this isn't nowhere near over. Not going to be the only kid that AU will miss on because of outrageous NIL deals. It's going to happen. It's not the way Hugh thinks is going to build a sustainable program at AU. (So I'm told) 

Given that you've never been shy about being blunt in the past, your optimism is a credible source and makes me feel more hopeful! I think the concern is all that buyout $ we had to pay. And I thought Tim Cook didn't really bankroll the athletics program at all?

Edited by AUwent

20 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That’ll screw up a locker room.  I can see where if I’m AU, I might pay more for a 4 star OT than a 5 star RB right now.

Lot of balance with this. I don’t think it would be appropriate to put actual numbers here but a lot of balance with AU and it’s players right now. Seems to be working well so far. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lot of balance with this. I don’t think it would be appropriate to put actual numbers here but a lot of balance with AU and it’s players right now. Seems to be working well so far. 

Definitely a positive for team cohesion and chemistry. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So far I’m impressed with Hugh and what he is doing. It’s hard to explain and talk about things he is doing on a message board but I’m impressed so far. Some little things that matter big with recruiting. He damn sure gets it. 

He seems to be selling "Auburn" better than any coach has in a while. I think that goes to show how much respect he had for Auburn/Gus in past and possibly how much he coveted the job.

People scoffed when he was hired and they will always scoff but we landed a diamond in the rough IMO we're lucky he didn't end up at another program on the same level or above us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, southern_sports said:

He seems to be selling "Auburn" better than any coach has in a while. I think that goes to show how much respect he had for Auburn/Gus in past and possibly how much he coveted the job.

People scoffed when he was hired and they will always scoff but we landed a diamond in the rough IMO we're lucky he didn't end up at another program on the same level or above us.

Success will drive the scoffers back to their holes. IMO

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So far I’m impressed with Hugh and what he is doing. It’s hard to explain and talk about things he is doing on a message board but I’m impressed so far. Some little things that matter big with recruiting. He damn sure gets it. 

exactly-correct.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That’ll piss off the 5* and the agent & parent will keep shopping until they find a taker at the right price.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southern_sports said:

Ehh, Hugh’s lucky to have a program of Auburn’s caliber would give him a second life in the SEC. No other program was gunning for him.

Auburn is lucky Hugh has a strong fire to redeem himself and he’s going to bust hell wide open to prove himself worthy.  All the fleas will shake off Hugh’s reputation once he starts winning the big games and starts making some noise in the new expanded CFP.  There’s really no excuse for AU to not make the 12 team playoffs regularly.  Money’s pouring out in NIL, facilities are getting upgraded and branding is about to change hands and get better.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1