2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What did I say? Don't remember....................

Don't worry, I plan on refreshing your memory...a bunch

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3rd in last 16 days.

We really need to land this kid soon. Maybe he’ll be the one who gets it moving forward.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

We really need to land this kid soon. Maybe he’ll be the one who gets it moving forward.

I don't care when as long as we land him & keep him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Let’s start some A Day momentum!!!   Coleman and Philips need to go ahead and pull the trigger!

Don’t know if it will be them, but the staff does expect a pop or two in or around A Day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Could be down to us and Clemson again. I like our chances

LSU is likely a bigger threat than Clemson atm.

• Like 1

Cam just got a big bump by ESPN. He is now the #1 WR and a 5* for ESPN. Still not a consensus 5* though because Rivals still has him as a 3*.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cam just got a big bump by ESPN. He is now the #1 WR and a 5* for ESPN.

Dang it!   When did he decide he wasn’t coming to Auburn?

I’m kidding!!!  AU kids can get a bump too.  😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cam just got a big bump by ESPN. He is now the #1 WR and a 5* for ESPN. Still not a consensus 5* though because Rivals still has him as a 3*.

And their article on recent risers had a quote from his coach (yes that one) comparing him to Megatron. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/36151344/2024-college-football-recruits-new-five-stars-rising-prospects-espn-300-rankings

Edited by HAPvsOA

Dang it!   When did he decide he wasn’t coming to Auburn?

I’m kidding!!!  AU kids can get a bump too.  😂

Yeah that’s the curse lol. If we can get him wow 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah that’s the curse lol. If we can get him wow 

Kid is a stud!   With what CHF did with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf, Cam has got to be liking what he can do at AU!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Kid is a stud!   With what CHF did with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf, Cam has got to be liking what he can do at AU!

I hope my Cowboys don't wait that long to fill their outside WR hole by the time Cam is drafted.

Coveted WR Cam Coleman a new On3 five-star

Cam Coleman On3 five-star wide receiver Cam Coleman

Phenix City (Ala.) Central 2024 wide receiver Cam Coleman was already being coveted as one the top wide receiver prospects in the country as he continued to skyrocket up the On300 rankings.

Coleman was ranked as the No. 20 prior to these latest rankings but now has jumped up to No. 6 overall in the On300 rankings for the class of 2024 and is also ranked as a five-star prospect. He’s one of 11 players ranked as five-star prospects ranked by On3.

“Cam Coleman has an elite combination of size and athleticism, which helps separate him in what is one of the strongest cycles at wide receiver in years,” On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power noted. “Along with Jeremiah Smith (No. 3), Coleman projects as a potential game-changing X wide receiver – a rare and coveted commodity in today’s game.”

Coleman has tested off the charts in recent combines, making him one of the most athletic wide receivers in the 2024 class. 

“He’s measured in at 6-foot-3.5, 185 pounds with a 33.5-inch arm,” Power said. “He’s the tallest and longest of the top receivers in this cycle. That size is paired with high-end athleticism, which Coleman showcased at Under Armour’s Atlanta camp, posting an electronically-timed 4.48 second 40-yard dash, a 4.19 second short shuttle and jumping 10’8″ in the broad jump. Those are all great marks and among the best we’ve seen on the camp circuit thus far.”

Texas A&M was the first school to offer Coleman extending an offer last May. Oregon and Auburn extended offers to him a few days later and nearly a year later he’s seen his list of offers grow to 24.

Auburn holds a commanding lead for Coleman, according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. The Tigers sit with an 88.6% chance to land Coleman’s commitment after he took three trips to campus this spring. 

According to On3’s Chad Simmons, Auburn coach Hugh Freeze and his staff have positioned themselves well in Coleman’s recruitment but a few other schools have entered the mix and will likely remain a factor in Coleman’s recruitment for the foreseeable future.

“The new five-star wide receiver in Alabama is keeping his options open, and he has yet to lock in any official visits, but Auburn’s trending,” Simmons noted. “LSU is another SEC program to watch as he was in Baton Rouge in March and he has gotten close to LSU quarterback commit Colin Hurley.There is another Tiger in this too and that’s Clemson as he’s expected back on campus in June. 

… Coleman has yet to think about trimming his list down, so outside the trio of Tigers, schools like Florida State, Kentucky and Texas A&M are others on his list.”

With his recent success in the 7-on-7 scene and an abundance of several new offers, On3 projects Coleman with some of the highest upside of any prospect in the 2024 class. 

“Coleman is a smooth, coordinated athlete with a very large catch radius,” Power said. “We were impressed with his change of direction and upside as a route-runner at Under Armour Atlanta. He’s a natural catcher of the football and has been dominant on the 7-on-7 circuit this spring. 

… Coleman is younger for the class and could technically be a 2025 prospect. That youth could help explain the rapid improvement over the past year and point to the considerable upside we see in the new five-star.”

• Thanks 1

Probably one of our more important recruits in years in my opinion.  We really need to land this guy.  I wish he could commit and sign with us today. :wareagle:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Probably one of our more important recruits in years in my opinion.  We really need to land this guy.  I wish he could commit and sign with us today. :wareagle:

Wish I could give this 20 likes.

• Like 2

Cam got a big bump by 247 and is now a 5* on that site & on the consensus. He's also the #2 WR in the class for on3. Title updated.

• Love 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 5* WR Cam Coleman
7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cam got a big bump by 247 and is now a 5* on that site & on the consensus. He's also the #2 WR in the class for on3. Title updated.

I just checked the profile.  Rivals currently has him as a 3* and the #86 WR in the country.  😂😂😂😂 (maybe they wanna have an update soon😁)

All 3 other sites have him as one of the most elite players in the country.   

I really hope this kid commits SOON and joins Walker and Phat (and others) recruiting hard for the 24 class.  

I just checked the profile.  Rivals currently has him as a 3* and the #86 WR in the country.  😂😂😂😂 (maybe they wanna have an update soon😁)

All 3 other sites have him as one of the most elite players in the country.   

I really hope this kid commits SOON and joins Walker and Phat (and others) recruiting hard for the 24 class.  

Rivals is going to go the way of Scout.  The market has proven there are only enough focus for 2 main sites.  247 came on and Rivals stayed and Scout died.  On3 is up, 247 will stay....rivals will die.  They have nothing unique, no industry average, dug their feet into transitioning to modern message board platforms, etc.  They'll die eventually

• Like 3

On 3/30/2023 at 4:53 PM, DAG said:

If the NIL is right, I have no doubt we will get him. 

OTV needs to make the NIL right for this guy. Stay home where your $$ goes further and be a star in front of your family & friends. 

Sounds like such an easy sell.  :dunno:

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 3