2024 4* LB Demarcus Riddick Flips to AUBURN!!! (from UGA)

ellitor

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

If we keep recruiting harder than anyone else, it will pay off eventually!    Even if we don’t see as much fruit as we hoped this year, it will payoff!   Hearing “no one is recruiting him harder than Auburn” is much better news than what we’ve had the last few years!!!!   

Agree. 
so much better than hearing “ the AU  coach never even visited or recruited me”. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I'm feeling good about this one.

I can't go past hopeful til it happens.

4 days is a long time in recruiting. Plus Bama likely won't stop after that til NSD.

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Cole with ON3 likes where we sit as of today for Riddock 

For full disclosure he says that with extreme caution.

Well I guess we may be getting Riddick after all. Supposedly he has this quote implying Auburn is home...

I’m going to work my hardest to see what Alabama and Georgia are talking about. If they’re not really talking for real, I’m coming home.

Also there's this really stupid assuming take from 1 Bam...

I would really like for everyone to understand that the reason some kids go elsewhere are reasons that the same kid wouldn’t really do well at alabama.

Do you want LBs who have alpha mentalities and want competition and play with a mean streak? Or are you happy to give all that up so long as the guy is big and fast?

Someone going to another school because they want guaranteed PT and have shied away from competition their entire high school career is fine with me.

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to *** 2024 5* LB Demarcus Riddick (UGA) FLIP WATCH: July 26, 4 PM***
20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I guess we may be getting Riddick after all. Supposedly he has this quote implying Auburn is home...

The copium is already being infused

• Like 2

When are the CBs going to start rolling in?  I would imagine many of the best prognosticators know how they will go. They just don't want to be the first domino to fall and be wrong when something leaks right after they cast their ballot. Gut check Tuesday night or Wed. morning? Could DR just defer till after Big Cat?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That kinda sounds like we’re third. All Bama or UGA have to do is show legit interest and they’ve got him but if they don’t then we’ll get him

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, autan said:

When are the CBs going to start rolling in?

@autan FWIW most AU reporters have said they aren't putting official picks in for AU no matter how confident they get.

22 minutes ago, autan said:

Gut check Tuesday night or Wed. morning?

Wednesday afternoon, 4 PM as it is in the thread title.

23 minutes ago, autan said:

Could DR just defer till after Big Cat?

Highly unlikely since he has already set up a ceremony at his school for Wednesday. Plus he has said all along his final decision will be on his mom's birthday which is Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That kinda sounds like we’re third. All Bama or UGA have to do is show legit interest and they’ve got him but if they don’t then we’ll get him

Sounds more like we are the leaders in the clubhouse & it's up to them to change his mind.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

You just jinx us.......j/k j/k e

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds more like we are the leaders in the clubhouse & it's up to them to change his mind.

I guess that’s a better position to be in. However, If you leave it up to Bama and REC they rarely miss. I’ll just be glad when this is over. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

I don't see how Riddick could come to Big Cat if he commits to the other side. He must be ours. Where does his mother stand?

17 minutes ago, autan said:

I don't see how Riddick could come to Big Cat if he commits to the other side. He must be ours. Where does his mother stand?

I hope his plan is to commit to AU and then recruit at BCW. 

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I guess that’s a better position to be in. However, If you leave it up to Bama and REC they rarely miss. I’ll just be glad when this is over. 

ACE, the Red Elephant Club used to make us look like chumps.     There were so many misses on kids that wanted to be at Auburn but simply could not turn down what the REC was offering.   The REC has not been totally neutered by NIL, but suffice it to say that things are very different now.   We have some orange Tigers with deep pockets who are sick of losing.   One of them quit coming to the games altogether last year.  This is a guy who LOVES Auburn.   He plans to be at every home game this year and said to me "we probably will not win them all, but we will be competitive in all of them."  This says to me he has the right expectations and is in it for the long haul with CHF.   This is the most aligned we have been in a long, long time.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

That really can't happen. I've been assured that no recruits read message boards. 

• Thanks 1

Three-Point Stance: Demarcus Riddick, stocks up, Florida battles

Demarcus Riddick (Nick Lucero/Rivals.com)

Rivals national recruiting analyst John Garcia Jr. shares his thoughts on a three-way SEC recruiting battle for elite linebacker , a few players from the South who are seeing their stock rising and whether Florida's Power Five schools can keep their elite in-state talent home. 

MORE THREE-POINT STANCE: Title contenders, potential No. 1 prospects, NIL

TRANSFER PORTAL: Latest news | Transfer portal player ranking | Transfer portal team ranking | Transfer Tracker | Message board| Team ranking FAQs

CLASS OF 2023 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | Team | Position | State

CLASS OF 2024 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | Team | Position | State

CLASS OF 2025 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | Team | Position | State

1. Will it be the champs or Iron Bowl rivals for Demarcus Riddick?

6'3" | 206 lbs | OLB | 2024

From the moment committed to Georgiaover in-state programs Alabama and Auburnin November many in the state felt like it was going to be a sticking point between the three programs. More than eight months later, not only were those knee-jerk reactionary folks right but Riddick has become one of the most praised defensive recruits in the process, making his final decision that much more compelling. 

Rivals' No. 2 linebacker in the 2024 class, Riddick has set his final college call for July 26 to once and for all finalize the process between the three SEC programs and move forward with his senior season at Clanton (Ala.) Chilton County High School. And the buzz around the expected selection has been building for both challengers to Georgia. Once news of a final decision day came in most in the recruiting world began expecting a flip somewhere other than Georgia right away, thanks to precedent. Recruits typically don't call for a press conference to stick to the school they picked last year. 

Naturally, many pro-Alabama notes began to flood recruiting desks relative to Riddick's impending decision. The Crimson Tide remain the favorite, but in the last week or so Auburn's continued push for him seems to have been well received, as Rivals began hearing there is growing confidence from Hugh Freeze's staff when it comes to July 26. We'll stick with Nick Saban and company about a week out, but Auburn is making this flip attempt that much more interesting. 

9 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

That really can't happen. I've been assured that no recruits read message boards. 

@JuscAUse! I don't see anything in the post about a recruit reading a message board.

I can see how some Dads might be drawn toward the more tough guy image of CNS or CKS, but Moms might appreciate the southern charm of Coach Hugh Freeze, but who knows? I think "e"'s response is probably the right one for most Mom's. Just be happy.

• Like 1