Difference in Gender and Sex

TexasTiger

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Of course. I agree. But let's not deny their very existence just to make a point against transgender people. 

If you've seen the "what about intersex" argument before and gave it any thought, I don't know why you said what you did in the OP. The rest of this is vague and presumably doesn't apply to me (?) so I'm not sure how to respond. Other than people make very bad arguments on both sides and I wouldn't let that shape my views. 

Once again, we agree. You have a valid point that is getting muddied with fallacies and irrelevant anecdotes. 

Thanks for listening, at least. I still don't dislike you, even if I might have moved an inch closer tonight haha. Have a good night. 

I certainly don’t deny the existence of trans people or intersex people. Trans people exist (or in some cultures “third gender”) across cultures. What is the explanation? I don’t know. But they don’t owe me an explanation or scientific justification. I treat trans people with the same respect I treat anyone else. I just don’t buy all the claims and assertions I hear about there being no difference between sex and gender because that leads to that 6’2” 260 trans woman playing rugby with smaller women and someone getting hurt. I’ll personally accept her as a neighbor or work colleague regardless of whatever is the determining factor in her being trans.

As far as intersex people, I don’t think it’s a fair reading of what I said to conclude I denied their existence. Here’s the context:

40 years ago progressives saw gender stereotypes as regressive and unduly restrictive. People should be allowed to live as they wish, free from arbitrary restraints. A man wants to wear dresses & makeup? Go ahead. A woman wants short hair, pants and no make up? Fine. Live and let live. Want to present yourself as the opposite sex by embracing the gender stereotypes associated with that sex? Go ahead. But the reality of chromosomes don’t change.”

Clearly I was making the point that any man or woman can adopt whatever appearance they prefer, but it won’t change their biological make up, including chromosomes. Moreover, I was providing context for a longer video discussion.

I don’t dislike you, either. No different than before. 😉 Have a good night.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:21 PM, cbo said:

What do you think of the scientific evidence that says XX and XY chromosomes are too simplistic to determine sex?

What're your thoughts on this:

Female = a person who, by their nature, can get pregnant. 

Male = a person who, by their nature, cannot get pregnant.

20 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What're your thoughts on this:

Female = a person who, by their nature, can get pregnant. 

Male = a person who, by their nature, cannot get pregnant.

It's not that simple. Many people you would call women are infertile and cannot get pregnant. Does that make them male?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's not that simple. Many people you would call women are infertile and cannot get pregnant. Does that make them male?

No. It means something went wrong; in other words, those women have some sort of reproductive abnormality. They can go to the doctor and usually find out what went wrong. Again, by their nature, females can get pregnant.

Men, on the other hand, by their nature cannot get pregnant. In this latter scenario, nothing went wrong; there is no "abnormality." 

In the same sense, human beings by their nature have two legs. Would you agree with this statement, or would you contend it is invalid on the basis that some humans are born with only one leg?

You should listen to Matt Walsh's podcast sometime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 5:39 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes, a brilliant endocrinologist/psychiatrist.

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2023 at 2:45 PM, icanthearyou said:

Yes, a brilliant endocrinologist/psychiatrist.

He has some “brilliant “ Drs and professionals in this field looking like pure dipsticks by simply asking questions. He’s winning bigly. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 3:39 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

No. It means something went wrong; in other words, those women have some sort of reproductive abnormality. They can go to the doctor and usually find out what went wrong. Again, by their nature, females can get pregnant.

Men, on the other hand, by their nature cannot get pregnant. In this latter scenario, nothing went wrong; there is no "abnormality." 

In the same sense, human beings by their nature have two legs. Would you agree with this statement, or would you contend it is invalid on the basis that some humans are born with only one leg?

Trust me, I've heard more than enough from Matt Walsh. 

And I don't need lectures from Matt Walsh-lite. 

Do yourself a favor and find a new hero. 

Thoughts on new Matt Walsh plushie? : r/h3h3productions

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:24 PM, cbo said:

Trust me, I've heard more than enough from Matt Walsh. 

And I don't need lectures from Matt Walsh-lite. 

Do yourself a favor and find a new hero.

Good job addressing the substance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'm just worried that a grown man is selling a baby doll version of himself, in diapers, and encouraging "kids to play" with it. 

He must be a groomer and a pedophile and we must protect the kids at all cost, right?

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm just worried that a grown man is selling a baby doll version of himself, in diapers, and encouraging "kids to play" with it. 

He must be a groomer and a pedophile and we must protect the kids at all cost, right?

😂😂😂Your bickering over this is as ridiculous as claiming men can become women and vice versa.

Matt is expressing his transage identity as a cute, manly baby. Don’t be so transphobic, sir. 😎

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

😂😂😂Your bickering over this is as ridiculous as claiming men can become women and vice versa.

Matt is expressing his transage identity as a cute, manly baby. Don’t be so transphobic, sir. 😎

Right over your head, huh?

100% chance if someone on the left was selling weird baby doll versions of themselves for kids, they would be called groomers and ya'll would lose your minds. Of course it's dumb. 

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

100% chance if someone on the left was selling weird baby doll versions of themselves for kids, they would be called groomers and ya'll would lose your minds. Of course it's dumb. 

Awe, don’t get upset! The Matt Walsh baby plush doll works as a good stress ball. You'll get through this, I’m here with you.

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Awe, don’t get upset! The Matt Walsh baby plush doll works as a good stress ball. You'll get through this, I’m here with you.

Love how ya'll keep trying to pull the "snowflake" thing when you're the ones losing your minds about how other people choose to live their lives. And you're too hurt to drink Bud Light or go to Target haha. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Love how ya'll keep trying to pull the "snowflake" thing when you're the ones losing your minds about how other people choose to live their lives. And you're too hurt to drink Bud Light or go to Target haha. 

The Matt Walsh baby plush doll will cuddle you and calm your triggered heart.

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The Matt Walsh baby plush doll will cuddle you and calm your triggered heart.

I'm good. Sometimes I like to blow off steam by arguing with hateful, dopey people on the internet. 

I wish you put up a better fight. But otherwise you're perfect, so I'll talk to you soon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbo said:

Because they are groomers.   You see, left is for grooming and right is for removing.    

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Dismissals are the air the immature mind breathes. 

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Who said snowflake?

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm good. Sometimes I like to blow off steam by arguing with hateful, dopey people on the internet. 

I wish you put up a better fight. But otherwise you're perfect, so I'll talk to you soon!

Dude, quit while you are behind.  Send me your dates and I will mail you a plushie you are so obsessed with….as an adult male. I guess it is true. The first thing the woke lose is their sense of humor.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Thank you for the compliment.