Bigbird Son's Fundraiser

einatlanta

Blew that goal to high heaven…well done y’all!

💣🔥💥

• Like 1
  • Love 3

We got you, Bird. 

Your son is tougher than all the grown men on this board. Hope he has the birthday he deserves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

This community … freaking awesome. 

2nd to none!

• Like 1

i hope you can get the new college football games if they are out. i know you guys are tight but father and son playing against each other and talking trash. so who gets to pick Auburn? or i guess you guys could be on the same team.

It is nice knowing that we have genuinely great people in this world and several happen to be on this little message board.  What a great community we have here.  A comforting feeling that any one of us will have support should we need it. Thank you. My goodness @bigbird we need video when the reveal is given to Little Bird.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

It is nice knowing that we have genuinely great people in this world and several happen to be on this little message board.  What a great community we have here.  A comforting feeling that any one of us will have support should we need it. Thank you. My goodness @bigbird we need video when the reveal is given to Little Bird.  

I'm working on it. My wife took it and is having issues sending it.

It's subtle, he rarely shows his emotion.  He just very quietly said, That's awesome.  After she stopped the video, he just sat there and asked, "dad, what do I say".  I still had no words.  He was really blown away.

When she gets home I'll get it uploaded. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's subtle, he rarely shows his emotion.  He just very quietly said, That's awesome.  After she stopped the video, he just sat there and asked, "dad, what do I say".  I still had no words.  He was really blown away.

No really it's the bug that flew in my eye.   Crying, I'm not crying, you're crying.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Oh crap, I have never donated on a Go Fund me campaign.   I had no idea it would post my actual name.   I guess it get it off my credit card.   I am not the Jeffrey Lee recruiter guy.  I'm just a guy that graduated from Auburn, played baseball there and love those who love Auburn.   I have been talking to Bird for about 2 years about his sons' challenges.  I just wanted to help a little bit.    

For future reference, there is a box you can click that will just show your name as "Anonymous". That's what I did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

image.gif.ace70c451b13346204032aa4df28e541.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

No really it's the bug that flew in my eye.   Crying, I'm not crying, you're crying.

Believe me, there have been a few fill our eyes over this.  We feel so blessed and yet undeserving.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Believe me, there have been a few fill our eyes over this.  We feel so blessed and yet undeserving.   

Yall are deserving! You and your family deserve all the good in this world. Love you buddy.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can't say anything to top his own words.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Sad 1

Hey guys, just letting you know that I will be closing the fundraising down tomorrow by around 5CST. It you want to put any last minute donations please do so by then. Everyone's generosity puts great vibes into the world!! Awesome job!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

Hey guys, just letting you know that I will be closing the fundraising down tomorrow by around 5CST. It you want to put any last minute donations please do so by then. Everyone's generosity puts great vibes into the world!! Awesome job!!!

Can't thank u enough for doing this brother. Thank you 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Y'all are the ones that put it there and, as a dad, I can't tell you how uplifting seeing it was.

Today he has been randomly asking, what about this or what about that?  Each time with a big ol' grin.  He's trying to process it still, but you see glimpses of excitement and hope.  

I'm not trying to be sappy, but it's done me good to see it and I owe it all to y'all.  So unbelievably grateful!

3rd time now, damnit. So happy to see it and so happy that it has helped all of y'all, y'all really do deserve it. Im always just a message away brother ❤️

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Y'all are the ones that put it there and, as a dad, I can't tell you how uplifting seeing it was.

Today he has been randomly asking, what about this or what about that?  Each time with a big ol' grin.  He's trying to process it still, but you see glimpses of excitement and hope.  

I'm not trying to be sappy, but it's done me good to see it and I owe it all to y'all.  So unbelievably grateful!

I know what he wants!!! Astros World Series tickets!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He did mention IB tickets 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Glad I ventured out of the cesspool of the political forum and saw this! 

Me too.  

You should just stay in this side, the air is fresher and the beer taste better

• Like 2
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Glad I ventured out of the cesspool of the political forum and saw this! 

Posts like this one for bird are what have made this site great over the years. We all have our bickering and going back and forth, but things like this shows what truly matters and it has def been a refresher for me this week.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I have two words that are sweeter.......Go Bravos!!!!!😁