Bigbird Son's Fundraiser

einatlanta

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Posts like this one for bird are what have made this site great over the years. We all have our bickering and going back and forth, but things like this shows what truly matters and it has def been a refresher for me this week.

So true! 

This is the only message board for anything I frequent. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Me too.  

You should just stay in this side, the air is fresher and the beer taste better

It’s a dirty job, but someone has to be the voice of reason!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

I have two words that are sweeter.......Go Bravos!!!!!😁

Oh that's actually my first team.  But geographic locale of the Bird. 😆 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Oh that's actually my first team.  But geographic locale of the Bird. 😆 

Yep, the Braves are my first love but being unable to watch them on TBS made me find another

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yep, the Braves are my first love but being unable to watch them on TBS made me find another

I hated when it came off TBS.  Network has been all over the place since then.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I hated when it came off TBS.  Network has been all over the place since then.  

As a military brat, it was always a way to stay connected.  I watched Sid's slide in San Antonio

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, einatlanta said:

I have two words that are sweeter.......Go Bravos!!!!!😁

I have 2 sets of words better...

Atlanta Braves Gif - IceGif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can't say anything to top his own words.

We had to move our baby out of South Donahue today so we just got back to Birmingham, and I am just now seeing James for the first time.  I pictured Little Bird being smaller....   Big, it brought tears to my eyes again.   I tell you folks, giving away your treasure to folks like James sparks an emotion/feeling that the Lord put in us specifically so we would do it over, and over and over again.   I wish I had given more to James.   I hope to wrap that young man in Big Bird hug one day.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We had to move our baby out of South Donahue today so we just got back to Birmingham, and I am just now seeing James for the first time.  I pictured Little Bird being smaller....   Big, it brought tears to my eyes again.   I tell you folks, giving away your treasure to folks like James sparks an emotion/feeling that the Lord put in us specifically so we would do it over, and over and over again.   I wish I had given more to James.   I hope to wrap that young man in Big Bird hug one day.

We will make it happen!

And yes, he's big!  6'1" and 180 and still growing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We will make it happen!

And yes, he's big!  6'1" and 180 and still growing.

Man that smile on his face......   Makes me cry every time I watch it.    Bring him to B'ham please.   I track a 650 horsepower BMW at Barber.    He would be over the moon.    We could cut the roof off and Big Bird could fit in as well.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Man that smile on his face......   Makes me cry every time I watch it.    Bring him to B'ham please.   I track a 650 horsepower BMW at Barber.    He would be over the moon.    We could cut the roof off and Big Bird could fit in as well.

I've cried more than I care to admit, but damn the smile on his face made my entire week better. Thank you to all that made this possible 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I've cried more than I care to admit, but damn the smile on his face made my entire week better. Thank you to all that made that possible 

You said it so well!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

As a military brat, it was always a way to stay connected.  I watched Sid's slide in San Antonio

Whenever I watch that over the years it's like watching a slow motion version of practicality any other MLB player trying to score from second. It took so long I just knew he was going to be out. Great times watching those Braves teams.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Whenever I watch that over the years it's like watching a slow motion version of practicality any other MLB player trying to score from second. It took so long I just knew he was going to be out. Great times watching those Braves teams.

Sid ran a solid 12 second home plate to first....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, augolf1716 said:

Hell I donated and I don't even like the yellow feather big belly sob but he does have a great son as well as daughter. I do feel bad for his poor wife having bird around all the time. Its got to be torture

Well, if Golf is in I guess I am too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Sid ran a solid 12 second home plate to first....

Easy to do when dragging one leg behind you!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Bring him to B'ham please

We'll be there late July 

Just read this Bird I am praying for you and your family. Help is on the way. 

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can't say anything to top his own words.

Bird, it's pretty amazing what went on here in a few short days. I know from some of your previous posts from time to time that you are a believer that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. James' courage though this is a testament to that scripture as well as yours too. This little fundraising project was something that was intended to help James know people care about him. Hopefully someone who doesn't know or understand where all of your family and James' strength comes from will see this thread, start to ask questions and be able to get the answers they are looking for. God doesn't promise a smooth road for believers but he does provide the strength to be able to overcome our challenges and see the good results that come from it. May God continue to bless your family. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

ha! i had forgotten that. i believe i could have out run him back then..........grins.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Bird, it's pretty amazing what went on here in a few short days. I know from some of your previous posts from time to time that you are a believer that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. James' courage though this is a testament to that scripture as well as yours too. This little fundraising project was something that was intended to help James know people care about him. Hopefully someone who doesn't know or understand where all of your family and James' strength comes from will see this thread, start to ask questions and be able to get the answers they are looking for. God doesn't promise a smooth road for believers but he does provide the strength to be able to overcome our challenges and see the good results that come from it. May God continue to bless your family. 

I've said it many times, my wife and I wouldn't be together (just celebrated 21 years on 4/20) and my son wouldn't be here if it wasn't for God's strength, vision, protection, and providence.  It's not through me that my family stands tall.

Thank you for this and the continued encouragement.  I hope you're right that this has planted many seeds.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've said it many times, my wife and I wouldn't be together (just celebrated 21 years on 4/20) and my son wouldn't be here if it wasn't for God's strength, vision, protection, and providence.  It's not through me that my family stands tall.

Thank you for this and the continued encouragement.  I hope you're right that this has planted many seeds.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Twenty one years with today's challenges is no small feat. But then again Bigbird has really big feet so...

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

We'll be there late July 

Meeting with Sankey, heh? Nice that the SEC has noticed your talents to be keynote speaker for "In Texas, we may be soft, but we are fast.  And running QBs make good safeties!"

p.s. Not sure that makes any sense, but sounded good in my head at the time LOL

• Haha 1