Little Bird Gift

LPTiger

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

So what did you do?  we need to know what little bird got?

His head is spinning.  He's narrowing things down, but I think it's gonna be a minute before he decides.  It really is overwhelming.

I promise that everyone will know and be a part of the decision process. He told me he doesn't want to let y'all down.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His head is spinning.  He's narrowing things down, but I think it's gonna be a minute before he decides.  It really is overwhelming.

I promise that everyone will know and be a part of the decision process. He told me he doesn't want to let y'all down.

Bird, take the pressure off James right now.   We don't expect anything from him.   We want him to pick what he wants.    Whatever that is, it is good by us my friend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

Bird, take the pressure off James right now.   We don't expect anything from him.   We want him to pick what he wants.    Whatever that is, it is good by us my friend.

Well, not anything...

He said, "Ummm, so about that AR I was showing you"

I said, "probably not" 😂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, not anything...

I said, "probably not" 😂

Well heck my boy now you are speaking my language.     How about a  Christenson Ridgeline 6.5 PRC.   That was my son's present when he graduated COSAM at AU.  Now he is a week away from 1st year at Viacom.  But I digress.    Right out of the box we had a 6 shot grouping within .5 inches at 600 yards.  The money is exactly right...

• Love 2

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well, not anything...

I said, "probably not" 😂

Dang…I was hoping you’d let him pony up for a Daniel Defense AR. Like LP said, it’s all his, y’all enjoy it! 

• Love 1

Just now, AUINSY said:

Dang…I was hoping you’d let him pony up for a Daniel Defense AR. Like LP said, it’s all his, y’all enjoy it! 

That's the one 😂

• Thanks 1

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I was around 12 and was always a good student. My dad said "I'll buy u any car you want when you're 16 if u make all a's". I immediately said a lambo. He replied, I'm not buying u that. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You and the little bird should know .. I think this felt as good for us to give as I imagine it did for him to receive. So, We already got our present..you guys enjoy. The rapid fire sounds good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

He could take just a couple hundred bucks and buy me a month of PBR's. I know he likes Mr Golf just saying........

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He could take just a couple hundred bucks and buy me a month of PBR's. I know he likes Mr Golf just saying........

The question is, can little bird shoot the PBR faster than you can drink them? I'm thinking it's not even close.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

wow what a great kid! sounds like you are raising a rawk star bird!.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

i would literally buy you a case and lunch just to hear some old auburn war stories.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well, not anything...

I said, "probably not" 😂

When he said AR, this is what I thought he was talking about.  Rumored price is *only* $3,000.  DO IT…

image.thumb.jpeg.fbc65a45faf82029a40c94f365ef4dc2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i would literally buy you a case and lunch just to hear some old auburn war stories.

Wouldn't believe half of them but their true

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It's a semi-true story
Believe it or not
I made up a few things
And there's some I forgot.
But the life and the tellin'
Are both real to me
And they all run together and turn out to be
A semi-true story.

Jimmy Buffett. “A Semi-True Story”. 1999

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

i can only imagine riding around with you on some fancy golf cart drinking a frosty beverage and hearing the old stories. i live for that stuff. i wish some of the old players here from auburn would tell more stories but i get it. but people would just love them more. offer stands. i would drive as far as auburn to meet and now i am wondering why i said that knowing no one wants to meet my "crazy AZZ".

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

If it was my teenager, she'd probably want to buy $2500 worth of candy. 🙄 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i can only imagine riding around with you on some fancy golf cart drinking a frosty beverage and hearing the old stories. i live for that stuff. i wish some of the old players here from auburn would tell more stories but i get it. but people would just love them more. offer stands. i would drive as far as auburn to meet and now i am wondering why i said that knowing no one wants to meet my "crazy AZZ".

Speaking of at least semi old players, Gary Walker Sr and Gary Walker Jr, were both at the baseball game last.   One of my TUF buddies introduced us.    Imagine this scene -- My buddy:  LP I'd like you to meet Gary Walker and Gary Walker.   Them --  Hi LP I'm Gary Walker and I'm Gary Walker.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Speaking of at least semi old players, Gary Walker Sr and Gary Walker Jr, were both at the baseball game last.   One of my TUF buddies introduced us.    Imagine this scene -- My buddy:  LP I'd like you to meet Gary Walker and Gary Walker.   Them --  Hi LP I'm Gary Walker and I'm Gary Walker.

Kind of like me meeting Jason Dufner. Hi Duffer I'm Golf but Duffer sleeping.....end of story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1