2024 3* IOL Jameson Riggs (GT)

ellitor

Default Avatar

6-4.5 / 300
Hiram
Hiram, GA

Notable offers: AU, Clemson, GT, Florida, Ohio St, Penn St, Vols, LSU, UNC, Michigan, USC, Miami, & Nebraska
Clemson tried to get him to commit on an OV in June but he didn't
GT is a real threat because his dad went to GT and JR had a great OV
AU likes where it sits
Could commit in July

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Word is GT 🐝

Starting to miss at a high rate

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW I saw a CB this morning with Riggs to GT. Disappointing. Hope he comes to BCW.

45 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I keep seeing Riggs going to GT bc he isn't a take for us.

@HAPvsOA No AU site is reporting that. Where in the world did you see it? If he picks GT it'll be because his dad went there & he's a legacy.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* IOL Jameson Riggs

So are you saying Riggs is a take for us? The GT insider is supposedly accurate on 73% of his CBs, almost all GT. At one time at least I thought WW and JR were pretty tight. Of course Walker seemed to have a good relationship with all the OL recruits, but none have committed to Auburn, as of yet. Surprising as it is disturbing.

29 minutes ago, autan said:

So are you saying Riggs is a take for us?

Never seen anything credible saying he wasn't.

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He is not an alpha-dog and he avoids competition.   It's just that simple. 

Sarcasm for those who don't get the yellow reference.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA No AU site is reporting that. Where in the world did you see it? If he picks GT it'll be because his dad went there & he's a legacy.

I believe it was the latest 247 podcast about Riddick, where they said that they were not sure if Riggs is a take. I believe that they said something like "if he shows up at Big Cat, then he is. If not, then it sounds like he isn't." 

28 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I believe it was the latest 247 podcast about Riddick, where they said that they were not sure if Riggs is a take. I believe that they said something like "if he shows up at Big Cat, then he is. If not, then it sounds like he isn't." 

Well they haven't posted that on their boards like they should. I don't have time to listen to podcasts so I read their posts. FWIW On3 has said we are going after him and is a take.

• Like 1

I for one hope it works out. If we get him, Baker, and Deandre Carter, and maybe a flip I think we'll be good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autan said:

So are you saying Riggs is a take for us? The GT insider is supposedly accurate on 73% of his CBs, almost all GT. At one time at least I thought WW and JR were pretty tight. Of course Walker seemed to have a good relationship with all the OL recruits, but none have committed to Auburn, as of yet. Surprising as it is disturbing.

It’s not surprising at all. Every year we have a guy that commits early and they try to recruit other guys to join in the class. It’s obviously not a bad thing but that doesn’t work out like people think it does even if it’s a QB commit doing the recruiting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Looks like we will be working the portal for offensive linemen

Was always the plan. A few HS and another heavy portal class. Gonna have to do that until the development catches up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like it’s gonna take some time to exorcise the demons of offensive line failures past…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Looks like we will be working the portal for offensive linemen

Worst position group can't get any commitments. Also weird considering our OL coach was considered one of the top OL recruiters too.

Can't blame relationships when we're about to land 4 5* kids. Can't have it both ways

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Worst position group can't get any commitments. Also weird considering our OL coach was considered one of the top OL recruiters too.

Can't blame relationships when we're about to land 4 5* kids. Can't have it both ways

OL recruiting is a puzzle we haven’t solved yet.   Thank the Lord for the portal!!!   We’ll hit it again this offseason.  Give CHF and Co.  some time and we’ll be pulling in some quality OL from HS.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

4? 

3 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

4? 

Bit of WED sarcasm but the 4 would be Riddick, Thompson, Bolden, and Kamarion Franklin or Cam Coleman.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bit of WED sarcasm but the 4 would be Riddick, Thompson, Bolden, and Kamarion Franklin or Cam Coleman.

Oh ok, I knew the first three but thought the Coleman ship sailed and didn’t think about Franklin as possibility

Edited by Jgarrett7

12 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

4? 

Perry Thompson 

KJ Bolton

Riddick

Idk

• Like 1