Favorite Auburn player not named…

Viper

12 hours ago, cbo said:

Kodi Burns - Cool watching his transition after not working out at QB. Love that he caught a TD in the championship game.

Plus caught 2 HUGE catches in the IB, both on 3rd down, both on AU’s first scoring drive. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cbo said:

Ronnie Brown - Surprised he hasn't been mentioned. An all-timer. I'll never forget him crushing that UT guy in 2004. 

Jason Allen, who crazy enough, was drafted in the 1st round by the same team Ronnie was also drafted in the 1st round by.

Ronnie also ran Allen over again in the 2004 SECCG.

• Like 1

Demarco McNeil was the man and is highly underrated! Dude's name needs to be memorialized someone in the Football Program! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, WVR said:

Lawyer Tillman - First Big time receiver, that I can remember, after running the ball for so long. Plus, the Reverse to Victory. Still the only AU jersey I ever bought.

Stacy Danley252D841B-0C24-4201-B706-149DAD6C35FF.jpeg.c07f6f118758a66f2263a9267e1a3d3a.jpeg- Bama killer. Ran harder as the game went on. Played some of his best games against them. Took one of the hardest hits I have ever saw,!then got up, ran off the field.

CE0DC32F-64F4-4416-820B-F4FC7901A5CC.jpeg

You beat me to Stacy Danley.  Bama killer and the dude got knocked cold in two different games then came back in and played meaningful roles in both games.  They don’t make ‘em tough like that anymore!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 7/7/2023 at 8:24 PM, JuscAUse! said:

Danley against OSU in the bowl game. Coach Dye told him if he didn't get up we lose the game. He got up and we won. 

He also got knocked out by Spencer Hammond in the 88 Iron Bowl.  He came back in and ripped off a 25 yard run on Auburn’s only TD drive of the game.

• Like 1

Two other guys I wanna mention.  

Tony Richardson:  classic Fullback, huge part of the 93 team, great NFL career!

Anthony Harris:  quietly one of the most consistent and toughest AU Linebackers ever.  3 year starter.  I think it was him that made the 4th down stop at Vandy that preserved the 14-10 win in 1993.  He also had a huge game in the Iron Bowl that year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Rudi Johnson—-the man literally carried us to a win in the 2000 season opener against Wyoming…I don’t think we knew what we had when he transferred in from Butler CC.  It didn’t take long to figure out.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Anthony Harris: I think it was him that made the 4th down stop at Vandy that preserved the 14-10 win in 1993.

It was Harris that met the Vandy RB, Jermaine Johnson, at his apex, but in reality, so many D-Linemen submarined the RB back at his leaping point, even if Harris hadn’t been there, the RB never would have crossed the goal line with his woeful attempt at leaping. It was like Bo over the top where everyone knew what was coming. Only the little guy (5’7” 169 lb) wasn’t Bo. He had zero shot on that play.

Edited by Viper

I have a soft spot for Walk-on players who make an impact so I have two Kevin Greene who became a Hall of Fame type player and Bill Newton who blocked two punts in the kick bama kick game.

• Like 3

I’ll give 2 names… one offense and one defense. 
Ben Tate: On the field, he was an insane combination of speed and power. The teams he played on weren’t that great, and the Tony Franklin offense killed his career stats. If not for that, he would’ve had a few more records. Also, off the field, he was one of the nicest football players I’ve met.
Josh Bynes: Overshadowed by Fairley in 2010. Fairley was incredible. But Bynes did a lot of stuff on the field to get that front 7 aligned properly. Fairley blew up plays, but was cold at times. I’d argue Bynes was a more consistent force on that defense, despite not having as much flash as Fairley. Despite going undrafted, there’s a reason he spent a decade at the next level.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hamma said:

Rudi Johnson—-the man literally carried us to a win in the 2000 season opener against Wyoming…I don’t think we knew what we had when he transferred in from Butler CC.  It didn’t take long to figure out.  

Rudi is a full grown man. He’s still dragging that Wyoming defender today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Josh Bynes: Overshadowed by Fairley in 2010. Fairley was incredible. But Bynes did a lot of stuff on the field to get that front 7 aligned properly. Fairley blew up plays, but was cold at times. I’d argue Bynes was a more consistent force on that defense, despite not having as much flash as Fairley. Despite going undrafted, there’s a reason he spent a decade at the next level.

I’ve said it since he left… I hope Bynes comes back to coach AU LBs. He wasn’t ultra talented physically, but he was a cerebral assassin. Always gave tremendous insight in his interviews.

Can’t say Caddy without saying Ronnie too.  Came in 2002 after Caddy broke his leg against Florida and proved to be just as dangerous.  During the 2004 season it could be argued that he was just as good.  

D. Craig -  from coming in on goal line plays behind Pat Nix to single handed carrying the team in 1997 he was a human highlight reel.  I can’t imagine what he would have done in the 2013-2014 Auburn offense.  It would have been obscene.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 7/9/2023 at 4:28 AM, Tigermike said:

Ken Bernich - great LB 

Fast Freddie Smith- he was fun to watch.

David Langner - tough as nails

We were just a terrible team back when Freddie played, but I sat and watched many games where Freddie was the best athlete on the field bar none. 

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned Takeo Spikes? Just his name alone, or that neck brace he wore,  makes him one of my favorites.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, toddc said:

Has anyone mentioned Takeo Spikes? Just his name alone, or that neck brace he wore,  makes him one of my favorites.

Legend has it the neck brace wore him. 

• Like 1

Is everyone just afraid to type the name WADE CHRISTOPHER?!?!?   

Bo Jackson, Cam Newton, and Pat Sullivan all said that Wade Christopher is the greatest superhero to ever wear Orange and Blue.   One of his farts was a 5 star recruit!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, im4aual said:

Terry Beasley.  If you have to ask why, you never saw him play.

I don't remember what game it was, but Terry said he had concussion so bad that he didn't know what stadium he was in or who they were playing.   He said that Shug walked over to him and said "we need you son", and he said he put his helmet on went back into the game.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Why Lawson?

I loved how dominant he was on the field and was a favorite of mine when I was in school.  His game ending sack against Ole Miss in 2013 was one to remember, along with his sack against LSU to help us bleed out the clock in 2016.  He had a fantastic work ethic and was hilarious in his player interviews when someone would ask him a dumb question.  I am hoping he kills it with the Jets this year coming off of injury. 

• Love 1