Saturday

LPTiger

Sweet little 8 pound 3 ounce baby Jesus!!!!   Weather Underground forecasts the high Saturday to be 80 degrees.  After all of these 95 degree days, 80 will feel like January!!!!   I hope/pray they are accurate!!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

this is from some cat on reddit this lives in Auburn.

cy25p4fneglb1.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is from some cat on reddit this lives in Auburn.

cy25p4fneglb1.png

That is about as good as it gets on 9/2.   UV index of 6 means the sun will not be a killer.  The last 2 days have definitely felt different.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

That is about as good as it gets on 9/2.   UV index of 6 means the sun will not be a killer.  The last 2 days have definitely felt different.

i posted this just for you since they were picking with ya................i never even thought about that cheeseburger. lol

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

It’s still going to be hot at 2:30 Saturday.  Don’t let that 80 number fool you.

With an 8 mph eastern breeze and some shade, the western stands should feel pretty comfortable.   I am unfortunately on the  western side=full sun, no breeze.

Just now, LPTiger said:

With an 8 mph eastern breeze and some shade, the western stands should feel pretty comfortable.   I am unfortunately on the  western side=full sun, no breeze.

i bought two club level passes cheap from a friend who was sick and could not make the game. it was a cupcake game but man they had free everything and i was sitting ten feet from jim fyffe. he kept catching me stare and i finally remembered to wave and he waved back. it was so much fun. they even had elevators so you did not have to walk up. and i believe that was the last game i made.

The forecast for Saturday in Austin is 101.   Texas is playing Rice at 2:30 pm also.   People are going to be hospitalized; I hope no one dies.  This is bat**** crazy.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

The forecast for Saturday in Austin is 101.   Texas is playing Rice at 2:30 pm also.   People are going to be hospitalized; I hope no one dies.  This is bat**** crazy.

I bet it is 101 and sunny as well.   It has stayed in the 95 range in middle Alabama for about 10 days until 2 days ago.    And there was very little cloud cover.   After practicing in it for weeks, our boys should be very sharp Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

My daughter goes to UTx. She said there's no way she's going to the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

My daughter goes to UTx. She said there's no way she's going to the game. 

So what you're really saying is that she's "Texas Soft"?   😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

So what you're really saying is that she's "Texas Soft"?   😂

Better than Texas toast

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I just checked the forecast again.   Mostly cloudy.   81 degrees.   59% humidity.   Wind has shifted to the southeast now so we all may get a breeze.   I'm sure many on here have practiced in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity.   When that is your base case and you come out for game time and it is 80 and 60% humidity and that crowd is going nuts= nitrous oxide baby.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:24 AM, Win4AU said:

It’s still going to be hot at 2:30 Saturday.  Don’t let that 80 number fool you.

JHS is basically a huge mass of concrete with aluminum bleachers covering about a 1/3rd of the surface.   Concrete is like a heat battery i.e. it has a very high capacity to absorb, store and release heat.   On a sunny day, that concrete absorbs and releases a lot of heat.   Today's rain and tomorrow's clouds will keep the concrete relatively cool.  It should be one of the cooler early games we have had in some time. 

• Love 1