Utah vs UF

WFE12

Also glad we didn’t get Rhule for that matter, Nebraska is still doing Nebraska things…lost 13-10 by grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory allowing a walk-off field goal 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AURex said:

"He can recruit."

I'm not convinced he can recruit. Look at the players he brought in who are playing this Utah game. Are these guys you would field for an SEC game?

So glad Auburn did not hire this guy. Florida will be looking for another head coach after this year, if not sooner. I have nothing against Napier as a person, he's just in way over his head at UF.

They did have transfers from Ohio state, Michigan, USC. They do have a recruiting class but the guy is uninspiring as a coach.  They had a rough time with getting plays called in time and he runs the playcalling. Rough way to start. I doubt they  fire him after this year, aka pull an Auburn , and he'll get another year to prove he's not the guy. I hope so... We need them wallow for a bit

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

Auburn, like Alabama many moons ago, may have lucked in to the coach they need.  Been screaming for Freeze for years now. Napier , although a recruiter , does not seem he can handle in game calling plays and coaching. Rhule, although a program builder, never has shown he can play at the power 5 level. It is still way too early to judge with him. Freeze on the other hand….

• Thanks 1

The Napier shots are all warranted. But I really like the program Utah has. They have absolutely been one of the nations more consistent programs and have a fabulous gameday environment. Whittingham is a class act.  

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The Napier shots are all warranted. But I really like the program Utah has. They have absolutely been one of the nations more consistent programs and have a fabulous gameday environment. Whittingham is a class act.  

UF was very lucky to beat Utah last year in Gainesville:   Interception in the UF endzone with 17 sec left

I will say this about UF this year -- they had the WR screen working pretty good nearly all game.  

13 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Also glad we didn’t get Rhule for that matter, Nebraska is still doing Nebraska things…lost 13-10 by grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory allowing a walk-off field goal 

WOW. Writing off someone off the results of his FIRST game there is completely ridiculous.  Have you even seen Nebraska football over the last 10 years?  That rebuild is going to take time.  Allowing a walk off field goal?  100% certain they didn't "allow" it.  Let's just not put a defense out there for this FG attempt is the only way they "allow" it to happen.  That's ridiculous as well.

I would have AND still would take Matt Rhule as a head coach.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

WOW. Writing off someone off the results of his FIRST game there is completely ridiculous.  Have you even seen Nebraska football over the last 10 years?  That rebuild is going to take time.  Allowing a walk off field goal?  100% certain they didn't "allow" it.  Let's just not put a defense out there for this FG attempt is the only way they "allow" it to happen.  That's ridiculous as well.

I would have AND still would take Matt Rhule as a head coach.

100% certain they did allow it after turning the ball over, driving with a little over a minute on offense in a tied game…that after being up 10-3 with just under 3:00 left in the 4th quarter. They gave up 10 points in less than 3 minutes. Glad you’re not running AU’s football program.

Edited by AUINSY