*Official Auburn vs. Cal Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Solid calls. Sigh. Go bears! The road SEC crew won't even help. It will keep "y'all " 10-14 points closer buy the Bears pull this one out. Great DL play by the Tigers, but now that Jackson is in it is going to be an unpleasant 2nd half for  Auburn.  Let it play out then  cue the whines about travel and start time. 

That's a big assumption. 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Did he get his bell rung? He looked a little out of it when he sat up after the fumble.

He took a helmet to helmet shot, but I really think it was the side of his head hitting the turf that did it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Auburn is in for a long, dreary season with Gus 2.0. Another gosh, darn, heck good ole boy coach. 

Yea - not like they had a young charismatic black man who played in the NFL as head coach who could get kids to run through a brick wall for him and inspire them. That kind of coach would never work.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Did he get his bell rung? He looked a little out of it when he sat up after the fumble.

I'm wondering if he didn't get flashKO'd, myself. Looked like he was waking up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So…..HEAR ME OUT!

I have an idea that might work. 

We come out of the half and rotate 3 quarterbacks, along with Luke Deal running wildcat. But Luke has to spin 1 time before he runs it. 

It might just work…

I don’t like that idea. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t like that idea. 

doesn't matter. Embrace it. 

Otherwise we throw Thorne out there as QB1 again. 

• Like 1

Just now, difball said:

Yea - not like they had a young charismatic black man who played in the NFL as head coach who could get kids to run through a brick wall for him and inspire them. That kind of coach would never work.

He's not young. And he's in poor health. The rest yeah, but let's see how long he stays with it after his son graduates. 

I don’t like watching halftime highlights anymore. All I see is a bunch of teams that have normal offenses that actually accumulate stats and point. It saddens me.

• Like 7

Whole lotta nervous playing it seems. Thorne's timing has not synced with the receivers as much as I had hoped it would but it is still early. There were flashes of what is possible but the penalties and turnovers are killers. The flip side is we are down by three and hopefully we have settled down. 

1 minute ago, difball said:

Train headed north. Station south. 
Get over it.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're a guest in someone else's house here.  Act like it.

Totally fair. My apologies. The  initial Td call, the fumble call, and then the fg hold... I am not in my right mind. Buffalo trace isn't helping. I am a Cal alum in Mobile- too much invested for me to behave like a polite human apparently. War Damn Eagle from week 3 on

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

All i can figure is some of you guys are borderline personality disorder. Guys, we aren’t gonna win a national championship with this team. Let’s give the team a little Grace and support them for at least a game. 

they played about as bad as you can on O for a half and are only down 3. Relax! Win or lose, we are heading in the right direction. That roster and coaching staff we had last year is already down 20 in this game. Let’s see how CHF adjusts. Let Thorne settle in. Cal aren’t world beaters but they could beat half our conference so again…relax.
wde

Yeah all I really want/wanted, so long as we keep our recruiting success up, is a bowl (the traditional, non-APR way). First year and all.

I just don't see three SEC wins if we can't beat Cal.

Edited by AUwent

Last week I was toying with the idea of a 2QB set, give the opposing D fits with a game of 'who's gonna get the ball' rather than 'oh, it's Robby'

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Guys, we aren’t gonna win a national championship with this team

Natty?  We aren't going to beat Vandy with this team

6 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Solid calls. Sigh. Go bears! The road SEC crew won't even help. It will keep "y'all " 10-14 points closer buy the Bears pull this one out. Great DL play by the Tigers, but now that Jackson is in it is going to be an unpleasant 2nd half for  Auburn.  Let it play out then  cue the whines about travel and start time. 

Don’t you have a tree to hug or a Best Buy to loot? You’re wasting a good opportunity by being here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, difball said:

Planes, trains and automobiles….they all will get you to Boulder and you can enjoy all you want.   

• Like 3

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Are the receivers not getting separation? Totally lost on the lack of any passing attack.

They've mentioned a couple of times that no one was open.  But Thorne has made a couple of wrong reads too according to Freeze.