All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well, put it this way. The risk was death, and Colorado had ebola. Too lazy to come up with a metaphor for us.

That's exaggerated. Sanders could have not done the job just like right now freeze might not do the job. But with Sanders you know you would have made a bunch of money

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's exaggerated. Sanders could have not done the job just like right now freeze might not do the job. But with Sanders you know you would have made a bunch of money

Not what I'm talking about. With all the transfers he relies on that are there for him and for him only, if he leaves (which I just think there's a large risk of him doing), the program is up a creek.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not what I'm talking about. With all the transfers he relies on that are there for him and for him only, if he leaves (which I just think there's a large risk of him doing), the program is up a creek.

Yes.  Deion at Colorado is like Larry Bird at Indiana State.  The main (and pretty much only) attraction, brings big accolades upon entrance, all of which will disappear when he leaves.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yes.  Deion at Colorado is like Larry Bird at Indiana State.  The main (and pretty much only) attraction, brings big accolades upon entrance, all of which will disappear when he leaves.

And the chance of that happening to us just wasn't low enough in my eyes to warrant taking that risk. I suspect admins at most schools conducting a search last year felt the same way.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That's what I'm talking about, this goes for all coaches and not just Sanders. The risk of a coach leaving a school is for all coaches, etc. 

• Like 1

Looks like CU is going to loose another one but its not a blow out and from what I see, if Prime can get some more players he is going to have a pretty good team in the next couple of years...will be interesting to watch...

Their o line is worse than ours. He needs some big men and he needs them yesterday. I can't imagine another QB being sacked more than Sanders this year

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Their o line is worse than ours. He needs some big men and he needs them yesterday. I can't imagine another QB being sacked more than Sanders this year

Worse in the nation. No clue how Shadeur stays so composed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Worse in the nation. No clue how Shadeur stays so composed. 

Not only that he appears to be pretty beat up, but keeps fighting and trying to make a play.  Appears to be hobbled, its a shame since I think he appears to be a good QB.

• Like 2

Prime likes it when his players get in fights during practice. He says that other coaches break up fights, but he encourages them to go at it. He takes notes on who is winning in the fights. And he wants everyone involved.

What's your opinion? Have the players beating each other to a pulp in practice? Or Stopping the fisticuffs and coaching players in game-day restraint and sportsmanship? Or what?

Here is the article

If you're taking part in one of Deion Sanders' practices and you find yourself part of a skirmish with teammates, you better get involved or you're going to get an earful from the head coach.

That's what happened in August when he scolded players for walking away while a fight was going on. "If one fights, we all fight," he told them.

So it should come as no surprise that Sanders commented this week during the Colorado Football Coaches Show that he likes seeing his players mix it up during practice.

"We’ve had a great week of practice. We had a couple of fights, which I like," Sanders said. "It's a great thing. I always want to know who won because I keep records. I don't break them up. Some coaches break them up. I don't.

"Some guys fight hoping for the break up. No, we’re going to let you go. I love it. They've been getting after it. It's almost like a rededication. It’s almost like a refocus. I love where we are. We've had great practices this week, offense, defense, as well as special teams."

Sanders would sure like to see the effects of that practice aggression turn into results on the field. The Buffaloes are 4-5 and have lost five out of their last six games, including their last three. They face No. 21 Arizona on Saturday and finish the regular season against Washington State and No. 18 Utah.

Edited by AURex

25 minutes ago, AURex said:

Prime likes it when his players get in fights during practice. He says that other coaches break up fights, but he encourages them to go at it. He takes notes on who is winning in the fights. And he wants everyone involved.

What's your opinion? Have the players beating each other to a pulp in practice? Or Stopping the fisticuffs and coaching players in game-day restraint and sportsmanship? Or what?

Here is the article

If you're taking part in one of Deion Sanders' practices and you find yourself part of a skirmish with teammates, you better get involved or you're going to get an earful from the head coach.

That's what happened in August when he scolded players for walking away while a fight was going on. "If one fights, we all fight," he told them.

So it should come as no surprise that Sanders commented this week during the Colorado Football Coaches Show that he likes seeing his players mix it up during practice.

"We’ve had a great week of practice. We had a couple of fights, which I like," Sanders said. "It's a great thing. I always want to know who won because I keep records. I don't break them up. Some coaches break them up. I don't.

"Some guys fight hoping for the break up. No, we’re going to let you go. I love it. They've been getting after it. It's almost like a rededication. It’s almost like a refocus. I love where we are. We've had great practices this week, offense, defense, as well as special teams."

Sanders would sure like to see the effects of that practice aggression turn into results on the field. The Buffaloes are 4-5 and have lost five out of their last six games, including their last three. They face No. 21 Arizona on Saturday and finish the regular season against Washington State and No. 18 Utah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCabgU8T3c8

(I actually really like this movie, as flawed as it is. The third and fourth are garbage tho.)

Edited by AUwent

15 hours ago, AURex said:

Here is the article

It is funny to see football players take their helmets off and try to swing them like a weapon.   Almost as funny as seeing a player punch a guy in the face mask.   I do not see a lot of good that comes from allowing players to fight.  I wonder if Prime has rules for fights such as -- the family jewels will be respected and protected from contact at all times, no kicking, no pulling off helmets (yours or the person you are fighting with), no punching in the kidneys.   My biggest concern as a coach would be keeping everyone healthy.   With the right "fight club rules" a fight wouldn't be much worse than a full contact practice.   Still, I see little good that comes from it.  It can also send the message that fighting at practice is no different than fighting someone on campus which would be a disaster.  Just my 2 cents. 

Colorado's Shedeur Sanders' Rolls-Royce booted in parking lot: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/colorados-shedeur-sanders-rolls-royce-booted-parking-lot-report

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

The outlet said at least eight players had their cars towed, and even head coach Deion Sanders, Shedeur's father, got a ticket on his Lamborghini earlier this season.

Defensive back Cam'Ron Silon-Craig reportedly forked over thousands to pay off more than 50 parking violations in Boulder, while Travis Hunter and Deion Sanders Jr. have also been ticketed.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Colorado's Shedeur Sanders' Rolls-Royce booted in parking lot: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/colorados-shedeur-sanders-rolls-royce-booted-parking-lot-report

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

The outlet said at least eight players had their cars towed, and even head coach Deion Sanders, Shedeur's father, got a ticket on his Lamborghini earlier this season.

Defensive back Cam'Ron Silon-Craig reportedly forked over thousands to pay off more than 50 parking violations in Boulder, while Travis Hunter and Deion Sanders Jr. have also been ticketed.

These articles crack me up. I visit Boulder frequently and have never been ticketed or booted. Then again, I follow rules and put money in the meter. (Via the easy to use app). The only way one is incurring thousands of dollars in fines is flagrantly ignoring the law. If you’re driving Lambos and Rolls, you should have enough coin to pay to park. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Just a thought…

If Prime was at Auburn, there would be zero quarterback controversy.  

And when that QB leaves, it's probable he will, too (along with the ENTIRE team!).

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

And when that QB leaves, it's probable he will, too (along with the ENTIRE team!).

Every other post you keep coming in saying that and the fact of the matter is really you don't know, just like with any coach you really don't know. I'm sure it's all based on what opportunity is offered to the coach, which once again is like any other coach on earth. It's not special for Sanders

On 11/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, Gowebb11 said:

These articles crack me up. I visit Boulder frequently and have never been ticketed or booted. Then again, I follow rules and put money in the meter. (Via the easy to use app). The only way one is incurring thousands of dollars in fines is flagrantly ignoring the law. If you’re driving Lambos and Rolls, you should have enough coin to pay to park. 

8 players had their car towed plus thousands and thousands of dollars in fines. These are not rocket scientists we’re dealing with.

Of course at Auburn that would never happen! Those pure as snow frat guys have never done any wrong especially when it comes to parking tickets. Those kids don't drive porches and g wagons and things like that! How dare Sanders even drives a luxury car! Who does he think he is? That law breaker! 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

The parking tickets, thousands of dollars in fines, cars being towed, cars being booted, are just more icing on the Deion cake. Just more frosting to go along with his son selling things online at halftime before a 1-4 Stanford team came back, down 29 points and won the game (in Boulder Co) in the second half. On top of Deion saying he wanted to replace the entire O-line. On top of Prime changing play callers last week, then still losing the game. Of course we could go on but it all leads up to…

Leading up to today’s loss at home, where he again had a second half lead. Deion then proceeded to make a horses @ss out of himself in the post game press conference.

Again, the numerous parking tickets are just one more thing. But since a handful of you think it happens everywhere, go ahead and list the number of Auburn players that have run up thousands of dollars in parking fines, had cars towed, and head cars booted. Please list them here.

On a Deion and Colorado Buffalo positive: he is currently ranked all the way up to 64th in the nation in recruiting. So there are only 63 coaches and teams out-recruiting Prime to this point. Great job Deion! 

Once again I won't even say old people but we can clearly see the correlation, but it's been long enough now for the older generation to adjust to understand just because you see it on Twitter or your friends Facebook doesn't mean it's accurate.

First someone post a legit thousands of dollars lost. But even if it was.....it's not your money why do you care. And you have to be an idiot if you really think Sanders was really selling something during a game. 

Auburn football players have had fights, armed robbery, drunks, DUI's and even more I can remember off the top of my head. And that's just the stuff reported. The guys in frats and all of that I have seen do even worse.....but it's pure as snow auburn and over there it's the shade wearing thugs!!!! Getting those parking tickets and boots! The horror!

• Like 4