All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

What I like is how he's literally proving every negative fabricated thing said about him to be false

How he's so selfish, how he doesn't care for his kids, he can't coach, his son is the QB because of relationship he's not a d1 QB. Can't get a real coaching staff, Don't care about hbcu's, I'm leaving a bunch out, but wow who would've thought right?

You don’t go on 60 mins (twice) if you’re afraid of anything.  They love digging into backgrounds and tearing down persona personalities. Imo he’ll take some losses this year, but longer term - he’s  going to turn college football upside down.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

A team that has won a few games against cupcakes. But he's the talk of the world of sports.

And he's cashing in.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/deion-sanders-secures-sunglasses-deal-160318977.html

Not sure I get your point. Coaches “cash in” all the time.  But most college coaches don’t have anything close to national recognition  (heck most people don’t know who Kirby is) - ds kinda has that.

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

You may have misinterpreted this, people are sending death threats to him and his family, literally saying he needs to have his scholarship revoked, be suspended and never allowed to play football again, and even some posting things that are pretty serious off the field allegations that don't even name him with no evidence backing it up. Regardless of if it was an auburn player or not, all the things I stated are a load of bs for a dirty hit in football game for crying out loud.

Oh well...actions have consequences...maybe next time he won't play dirty. Death threats are uncalled for but the internet will always take things to an extreme. Also, kind of weird you seem more worried about the perp than the one who has a lacerated liver...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Oh well...actions have consequences...maybe next time he won't play dirty. Death threats are uncalled for but the internet will always take things to an extreme. Also, kind of weird you seem more worried about the perp than the one who has a lacerated liver...

Nobody said I wasn't worried about hunter, I hope he has a full and speedy recovery, dude is a great player. Hope u keep this same energy when anybody has a dirty hit, that people getting death threats and being accused of things like sexual assault and r^pe just in an attempt to try to ruin him is ok.  Actions have consequences is true, but those two things right there is where I think it is way over a line. If this wasn't Colorado absolutely nothing else would've been said about this.

43 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nobody said I wasn't worried about hunter, I hope he has a full and speedy recovery, dude is a great player. Hope u keep this same energy when anybody has a dirty hit, that people getting death threats and being accused of things like sexual assault and r^pe just in an attempt to try to ruin him is ok.  Actions have consequences is true, but those two things right there is where I think it is way over a line. If this wasn't Colorado absolutely nothing else would've been said about this.

You always gonna have fringe idiots in every fanbase and society. It’s unfortunate and not warranted, particularly the way people are now since they can hide behind a keyboard. Kid and his parents should shut the phones down and disconnect from social media for a while….let this blow over. With that said he got off easy he took a heisman contending player out of the game without any consequences from his conference. Also no other Colorado player tried to take revenge against him during the game. I mean Deion lost his one his best players to a cheap shot…he could have sent a mercenary in for some get back but instead let the game do the talking.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You always gonna have fringe idiots in every fanbase and society. It’s unfortunate and not warranted, particularly the way people are now since they can hide behind a keyboard. Kid and his parents should shut the phones down and disconnect from social media for a while….let this blow over. With that said he got off easy he took a heisman contending player out of the game without any consequences from his conference. Also no other Colorado player tried to take revenge against him during the game. I mean Deion lost his one his best players to a cheap shot…he could have sent a mercenary in for some get back but instead let the game do the talking.  

I agree, I also said earlier in the thread that Deion impressed me with how he handled things. I just simply stated that one of the outcomes of the game that I didn't like were those things I mentioned. 

Edited by Maverick.AU

Back to the game: I watched it all. CSU kicked CU around for approximately 50 minutes then blew their own foot off. I always root against Colorado unless their win might help Auburn.

This is nothing new and has nothing to do with Sanders. I got a very, very bad impression of the Colorado outfit and fans at Auburn's 24-3 beatdown of them in the '72 Gator Bowl. I have been an anti-Colorado fan ever since.

As for next week, Go Ducks!

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Even Sanders reply to the coach.....said he wished him the best and want the best for him. His blessing don't have anything to do with that guy and vice versa.....

Travis Hunter response to it all was the guy that hit him was just trying to do his job....stuff like that is going to happen and the only thing that matters is getting up. Then somebody was trying to troll and said he blew you up....Hunter just laughed and said you right, he knocked the hell out of me!

But once again the knock was his character and how he doesn't care....but look and see what the reality is.

Meanwhile even in this thread you have a bunch of people hating wanting him to lose like Dag said, they really don't want the thought of maybe we should have hired him! 

I personally am not surprised, I would LOVE for Auburn to be getting all of this pub right now. We all know how great our campus and school is. If we had all the eyes on us we'd really be surprising a bunch of people and our proximity being so close to Atlanta,a bunch of NIL money celebrities all of that. Our sport programs would have really benefited. Just the hype of him coaching against Kirby and saban alone would have brought in so much money.....it was all right there....but of course we don't want that! We want it the ol traditional way! We are good with our sporadic good team every so often and what we could be and how everybody else is beneath us.

And with that being said I'm so happy with what freeze is doing. And I'm so happy if it wasn't Sanders he's the coach we went with. It was mind boggling the other candidates people were saying and pushing ahead of Sanders

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as the death threat stuff go it's unfortunate but it's hardly the first time. I remember QB's and kickers having to endure the same thing. I remember our own wr having to deal with stuff nobody should, we were living in a world where you can hear about stuff at a snap of a finger now but this has always been. It's a clip of Alabama people telling the Texas players go back to the projects. I've always said it's sad what athletes have to endure. So I completely disagree with whoever said this is only a thing because it's Colorado. Well not completely the fact that it's Colorado that was playing and everybody was watching the game has some to do also the person that was hurt has a bunch to do with it as well, the fact the guy wasn't kicked out has a bunch to do with it and lastly the fact that he had to be taken to the hospital had a bunch to do it with it. But no it's not just because he did it to Sanders team is why.....

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GO back and look at the hit. Yes it was OOB, but he didn't lower his head. He turned sideways and used his shoulder pads. The liver injury was a fluke.

Junior Rosegreen laughs...

4 hours ago, CCTAU said:

GO back and look at the hit. Yes it was OOB, but he didn't lower his head. He turned sideways and used his shoulder pads. The liver injury was a fluke.

Junior Rosegreen laughs...

The thing that stood out to me was that the pass hit the ground in front of Blackburn yet he still continued on.  True he didn't lower his head but he also had time to avoid the collision altogether.  Junior Rosegreen's hit on Reggie Brown in 2004 was well before the targeting rule was implemented so, not really a fair comparison.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Everybody is discussing him. Look at the last 5 mins of Locked on Bama. It’s a love fest.

I will not look at Locked on Bama. 

But I think I get your point. Never seen anything like it. 

20 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Should he not?

Look at him making money for himself.  Such a narcissist 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of coaches cash in, but it is usually after a record of winning at major institutions. Prime is cashing in without establishing anything. A few wins over cupcakes. He has made Colorado all about him.

Successful coaches cash in -- Saban, Smart, Kelly, Harbaugh, etc. Sometimes mediocre coaches get lucky and cash in. Jimbo is the prime example, but Gus is another, and so is Harsin.

If it were any other coach who came in at Colorado, would he be getting this kind of lavish slobbering love? I mean really, if the new Colorado coach was Goober Pudrunk and he had come in and won the first 3 games over cupcakes, would the media be going crazy like they are now with Prime?

IMO, he has not yet earned anything. Show me wins over USC, Utah, Washington -- or even Washington State and UCLA -- THEN I'll begin to believe he is legit cashing in.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

The thing that stood out to me was that the pass hit the ground in front of Blackburn yet he still continued on.  True he didn't lower his head but he also had time to avoid the collision altogether.  Junior Rosegreen's hit on Reggie Brown in 2004 was well before the targeting rule was implemented so, not really a fair comparison.    

In terms of viciousness, definitely a fair comparison. JRs hit was tons worse. This dude was just trying to step in and be a solid object in the guys way. He didn’t attack. But because of the way Hunter was positioned, it ended up worse than it should have. This hit is no less than a lot of others every Saturday. It just had bigger ramifications. 
Heck, even CDS recognized it as such. If Hunter had zero injuries, no one would even remember the hit. 

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Lots of coaches cash in, but it is usually after a record of winning at major institutions. Prime is cashing in without establishing anything. A few wins over cupcakes. He has made Colorado all about him.

Successful coaches cash in -- Saban, Smart, Kelly, Harbaugh, etc. Sometimes mediocre coaches get lucky and cash in. Jimbo is the prime example, but Gus is another, and so is Harsin.

If it were any other coach who came in at Colorado, would he be getting this kind of lavish slobbering love? I mean really, if the new Colorado coach was Goober Pudrunk and he had come in and won the first 3 games over cupcakes, would the media be going crazy like they are now with Prime?

IMO, he has not yet earned anything. Show me wins over USC, Utah, Washington -- or even Washington State and UCLA -- THEN I'll begin to believe he is legit cashing in.

He is just not any other coach….he is arguably one of the best to play the game, and has always garnered attention. Always. It should be nothing new for the average casual football fan. Now he is coaching. It’s his brand (PrimeTime) he has always marketed himself. Now he is doing it for Colorado on a bigger stage. What he did at JSU was amazing from, fan involvement, community interest, and national attention. Deion is and has always been flashy, charismatic, and knows how to get the people going. But you know what else? Everywhere he has been, he has backed it up on the field as a player and a coach. Colorado has improved in recruiting, points per game, yds per game, revenue, ticket sales, merchandise sales and wins. The last two coaches at Colorado had the same opportunity and failed miserably but still walked away and cashed in via the schools budget. Deion is using his name and brand to not only cash in for himself but also for Colorado a once proud program that had fallen off significantly. Those coaches you mentioned cashed in a different way, Deion is doing it his way and it just has people pissed off it does not look the way they are used to it looking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Successful coaches cash in -- Saban, Smart, Kelly, Harbaugh, etc.

It’s a lot easier to cash in at Bama, UGA, Notre Dame/LSU, and Michigan. What DS is doing at JSU/CU is totally unexpected and being done in very unconventional ways. I love that he’s breaking the spotlight stranglehold those few blue bloods have had on CFB for too long. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2