All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Also all things consider, Colorado one 1 game last year. One game, roster turnover or not, let’s not act like folks on here deep down did not think this would happen this quick. They are 3-0 and in a spot to really make some noise if they beat Oregon. That’s damn amazing. It’s great for Colorado, it’s great for Deion and it’s great for minority coaches (yes I am going to freaking go there as a minority). This is also something else that was talked about throughout the week. The hatred that he is getting at times is BS. Pure, blank period. People upset because Colorado is getting media coverage ? Come on man, that’s just goofy stuff. 

This. The vitriol (on other sites and Twitter is pathetic and shameful ) if he's really successful he may move on, people upset they're winning is silly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

This. The vitriol (on other sites and Twitter is pathetic and shameful ) if he's really successful he may move on, people upset they're winning is silly. 

Jealousy  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DAG said:

There are a lot of people on here who have a personal vendetta against Deion because a part of the fanbase wanted him and probably still does, so they do not want to see him succeed to be proven right. Just like a few have made it personally with Lane for whatever odd reason. I am happy for Deion , I think this scare will humble as well.

I do think Colorado (I know I did) thought they would walk in there and the rams will just roll over. Colorado will have a bullseye on their back because of their moxie so they got to be enganged for four quarters. I do not see them beating a Bo Nix led Oregon team as I think their depth and line play is questionable: 

Agreed on all fronts. I don't see them beating Oregon or USC for that matter, but Colorado certainly is entertaining to watch. Their defense is TERRIBLE right now and will continue to be until they get some big uglies up front. 

Like many, there are a lot of things about Deion that I like, but the delivery can be over the top at times.  I watched the entirety of their game last night like I wish I could have engaged with the last three Auburn games...and I haven't watched CU or CSU in a very long time.  

One thing I have come to realize is that Shadeur is a stud at QB; he is very talented throwing the football.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

I'll be honest and say early on in the season I was a little hesitant about rooting for that Colorado team, but one thing that has made me root for them, mainly at the end of that game, is the balance that I saw Deion portray with swagger while also being humble. He made sure when all the reporters wanted to talked about were his kids that he quickly turned it into the "team" and not his kids. I saw him take the high road, when he totally could've taken the persona and media would've had a field day with it, when talking to norvell at midfield and grabbing his son when he attempted to do an immature taunt at the coach. Idk I saw a lot more humility out of Deion than I expected to see and it was refreshing. 

28 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I was a little hesitant about rooting for that Colorado team, but one thing that has made me root for them, mainly at the end of that game, is the balance that I saw Deion portray with swagger while also being humble. 

He may be struggling a little with the humble part rn.   He is on 60 minutes tonight and the tease appears to show him saying he is the best coach in college football...

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He may be struggling a little with the humble part rn.   He is on 60 minutes tonight and the tease appears to show him saying he is the best coach in college football...

Fair enough. After the game tho I felt like he could've played that part but he took a more humble approach after the game than I expected.

17 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I, nor anybody I know, thinks Auburn deserves to be considered a contender right now. We aren’t acting like we’ve done anything for 3 mediocre wins. And that’s where we differ from Colorado.

I don't think anyone considers Colorado a true contender now. They are a 19.5 point dog to Oregon. They will almost certainly lose that game. 

Regardless, they are so much better than last year. And they are getting media coverage because everyone cares, one way or the other (see this thread for ex). Plus they are fun as hell to follow/watch. 

They have a guy excelling on offense and defense, playing 120-150 snaps a game!

The coach's son is a dynamic QB.

The coach's other son just got a pick 6.  

Opposing coach made dumb comment about wearing sunglasses. It's high drama!

Are you not entertained?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He’s a complicated personality. Flashy and yet high work ethic. Heck he mowed the grass at jax st. And when he got to cu…

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He’s a complicated personality. Flashy and yet high work ethic. Heck he mowed the grass at jax st. And when he got to cu…

He nailed the 60 minutes interview. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Colorado will have a bullseye on their back because of their moxie

And that's exactly why I wanted him in Auburn! Oftentimes I feel like our recent teams lack that swagger and toughness on the field. One of the keys to his success is how he relates to his players. Unfortunately, I don't think the people of Auburn are ready for a personality like that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I don't think anyone considers Colorado a true contender now. They are a 19.5 point dog to Oregon. They will almost certainly lose that game. 

Regardless, they are so much better than last year. And they are getting media coverage because everyone cares, one way or the other (see this thread for ex). Plus they are fun as hell to follow/watch. 

They have a guy excelling on offense and defense, playing 120-150 snaps a game!

The coach's son is a dynamic QB.

The coach's other son just got a pick 6.  

Opposing coach made dumb comment about wearing sunglasses. It's high drama!

Are you not entertained?

Definitely entertained but actively rooting against Colorado. I’m sure Deion has no problem with that. He’s played heel before. As long as people are watching I’m sure he’s happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Definitely entertained but actively rooting against Colorado. 

We have ourselves yet another "agree to disagree." 

I don't know why you're the only person on here who doesn't piss me off when I strongly disagree with so many of your opinions. Actually, I probably do know. 

• Like 1

I will say this, the outcome from the game I don't like. Blackburn with the obvious late hit on hunter. U have people sending death threats to him and his family, accusing him of r*pe, saying he should have his scholarship revoked. If this wasn't Colorado/Hunter that hit doesn't make any kind of convo. That's just a load of bs 

Edited by Maverick.AU

On 9/16/2023 at 11:08 PM, DAG said:

Yes that pissed me off. 

15-yds doesn't seem like much of a penalty for an egregious hit like that.  I think any personal foul should carry an additional penalty like at least sit out the next play.  They do that for someone's helmet popping off so why not a personal foul?  

6 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

15-yds doesn't seem like much of a penalty for an egregious hit like that.  I think any personal foul should carry an additional penalty like at least sit out the next play.  They do that for someone's helmet popping off so why not a personal foul?  

Yes! I’ve always said that. I just couldn’t believe they didn’t eject him. Hunter was way out of bounds and defenseless. The dude hits him then stares at him. 

10 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Colorado took the higher road almost all day in that matchup, but I was shocked they didn’t have someone clean Horton or one of the CSU’s WRs clock on all of those crosser routes. A. Because it would’ve actually scared guys from continuing to run the crossers and B. Bc of all the other BS that was happening 

17 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I will say this, the outcome from the game I don't like. Blackburn with the obvious late hit on hunter. U have people sending death threats to him and his family, accusing him of r*pe, saying he should have his scholarship revoked. If this wasn't Colorado/Hunter that hit doesn't make any kind of convo. That's just a load of bs 

I don’t think it was a late hit per se, he targeted him with malicious intent when he knew he do did not have the ball. It was bush league and dirty, why because the HC is confident and his players are. Never seen Deion do anything like this during his play day and Hunter never did anything like this to any player. Back it up with fair play, not low down tactics like he did. It was a cheap shot plain and simple and if it had happened to an Auburn player it would not be a load of BS. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t think it was a late hit per se, he targeted him with malicious intent when he knew he do did not have the ball. It was bush league and dirty, why because the HC is confident and his players are. Never seen Deion do anything like this during his play day and Hunter never did anything like this to any player. Back it up with fair play, not low down tactics like he did. It was a cheap shot plain and simple and if it had happened to an Auburn player it would not be a load of BS. 

You may have misinterpreted this, people are sending death threats to him and his family, literally saying he needs to have his scholarship revoked, be suspended and never allowed to play football again, and even some posting things that are pretty serious off the field allegations that don't even name him with no evidence backing it up. Regardless of if it was an auburn player or not, all the things I stated are a load of bs for a dirty hit in football game for crying out loud.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes! I’ve always said that. I just couldn’t believe they didn’t eject him. Hunter was way out of bounds and defenseless. The dude hits him then stares at him. 

Travis Hunter suffered a lacerated liver on that hit and is out for 3 weeks according to Fox Sports.

• Sad 1

What I like is how he's literally proving every negative fabricated thing said about him to be false

How he's so selfish, how he doesn't care for his kids, he can't coach, his son is the QB because of relationship he's not a d1 QB. Can't get a real coaching staff, Don't care about hbcu's, I'm leaving a bunch out, but wow who would've thought right?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Colorado took the higher road almost all day in that matchup, but I was shocked they didn’t have someone clean Horton or one of the CSU’s WRs clock on all of those crosser routes. A. Because it would’ve actually scared guys from continuing to run the crossers and B. Bc of all the other BS that was happening 

The crazy thing is the Colorado State players were saying last week that they were going to get Travis Hunter. This was mentioned by Michael Irvin and Keyshawn Johnson this morning. Then they cheap shot Hunter and it sends him to the hospital but nothing has happened to the kid that hit him.

Michael Irvin goes to the Colorado games and is pretty close with the team. This morning on Undisputed, Irvin said if the NCAA doesn't announce a suspension today for the Colorado State player, then the NCAA is worthless in his opinion. I still haven't seen where they've punished the player for that BS cheap shot. 

Now Travis Hunter has a lacerated liver and is out for 3 weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1