All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

12 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

The thing that stood out to me was that the pass hit the ground in front of Blackburn yet he still continued on.  True he didn't lower his head but he also had time to avoid the collision altogether.  Junior Rosegreen's hit on Reggie Brown in 2004 was well before the targeting rule was implemented so, not really a fair comparison.    

This is a good comparison; Oklahoma v U of F in a bowl.  The hit was as vicious and totally unnecessary and the reaction was of a different time.

The CSU hit reminded me of Damar Hamlin’s hit as Hunter was hit in the chest.  I’m glad it was not the same issue as Hamlin’s

Lol. He won against cup cakes with a team that everyone had rated as the worst team in college football. Mind you these are the same people that when we beat arky st they would have no problem proclaiming how good we were.....

When you break up that traditionalism it really boils the blood though😂😂😂

Nobody had a problem with the NCAA and all of the many many people cashing in on these kids who don't give a damn about them....that's not a problem at all

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Hmmm. Villianize away but Colorado was  and has been dead. No nil, low booster support, no recruiting channels and a poor footprint, no fan engagement, and probably the worst roster in the p5.  Sure he’ll take some beatings this year (especially after losing their best player) but imo in 3 years or less he will make them a national juggernaut. I could be wrong, but I like my odds. People may not like his approach, but if the goal is winning nattys and just plain fun - programs that passed on him are going to deeply regret the word “fit”.

You probably misread my post

He will annoy some fans but no one has ever done this. Ever. Colorado was  and has been dead. No nil, low booster support, no recruiting channels and a poor footprint, no fan engagement, and probably the worst roster in the p5.  Sure he’ll take some beatings this year (especially after losing their best player) but imo in 3 years or less he will make them a national juggernaut. I could be wrong, but I like my odds. People may not like his approach, but if the goal is winning nattys and just plain fun - programs that passed on him are going to deeply regret the word “fit”.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol. He won against cup cakes with a team that everyone had rated as the worst team in college football. Mind you these are the same people that when we beat arky st they would have no problem proclaiming how good we were.....

Nobody had a problem with the NCAA and all of the many many people cashing in on these kids who don't give a damn about them....that's not a problem at all

That's the crazy part. They just don't like to see a black man like Deion coming in and changing the P5 landscape like this and excelling despite only winning against "cupcakes". A Just calling it like it is. I'm sorry, but gone are the days of just being Auburn/Bama/LSU/Ohio State and being able to garner attention just because. Literally no one cares about any schools other then Colorado right now and its making people sick. And that's fine to hate it I suppose, but to say Deion and Colorado don't deserve attention because they haven't "done anything yet" or played against "cupcakes" is missing the point. It's entertaining, period! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've been waiting for someone to actually talk football. Remember all the can't coach stuff? I feel like if nothing else people would at least give props on that because that was literally the number one thing said. It's early but all the games so far has consisted of the most difficult situations of being a coach and he's made every right decision. Time management, every week an opposing coach acting like a child, brand new team and coaching staff.

These players haven't experienced big lights like this. These guys have been losers and they already showing the mettle to not give up to perform under pressure. And these are things where if you think a team is a cupcake or not it doesn't matter. The big decision to send his offense out during ot. Losing his best player. Team down the whole game and finishing strong, his team has always been the most disciplined,....I'm sure mistakes will be made throughout the season but with the way he was talked about here and how apparently the bar is so low as far as the belief of his coaching abilities some people would say hey this guy is better than I thought! But I guess not. 

But so far excellent adjustments, team being ready to play, handling the big time atmosphere with new guys, handling adversity, has been an outstanding coaching job. I've seen him yell at guys for stuff AND hug guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Prime is cashing in because he is extremely marketable.  Simple as that.  Moreover, he knows how to market himself. Just ask what Aflac thinks about him. 

Colorados ratings are going up about 1m viewers a week. Almost 10m last week - played practically at midnight ET against a non P5.  He’s doing what tiger did for golf.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

I've been waiting for someone to actually talk football. Remember all the can't coach stuff? I feel like if nothing else people would at least give props on that because that was literally the number one thing said. It's early but all the games so far has consisted of the most difficult situations of being a coach and he's made every right decision. Time management, every week an opposing coach acting like a child, brand new team and coaching staff.

These players haven't experienced big lights like this. These guys have been losers and they already showing the mettle to not give up to perform under pressure. And these are things where if you think a team is a cupcake or not it doesn't matter. The big decision to send his offense out during ot. Losing his best player. Team down the whole game and finishing strong, his team has always been the most disciplined,....I'm sure mistakes will be made throughout the season but with the way he was talked about here and how apparently the bar is so low as far as the belief of his coaching abilities some people would say hey this guy is better than I thought! But I guess not. 

But so far excellent adjustments, team being ready to play, handling the big time atmosphere with new guys, handling adversity, has been an outstanding coaching job. I've seen him yell at guys for stuff AND hug guys. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Colorados ratings are going up about 1m viewers a week. Almost 10m last week - played practically at midnight ET against a non P5.  He’s doing what tiger did for golf.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

No disrespect but Prime is no where near what Tiger did for golf. What Tiger did for golf was world wide not just American golf. Prime has brought a lot of attention to the Buff's and to college football. Lets hope the Primetime train keeps a rolling 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I've been waiting for someone to actually talk football. Remember all the can't coach stuff? I feel like if nothing else people would at least give props on that because that was literally the number one thing said. It's early but all the games so far has consisted of the most difficult situations of being a coach and he's made every right decision. Time management, every week an opposing coach acting like a child, brand new team and coaching staff.

But so far excellent adjustments, team being ready to play, handling the big time atmosphere with new guys, handling adversity, has been an outstanding coaching job. I've seen him yell at guys for stuff AND hug guys. 

I'll give CDS his due -- he's exceeded all expectations.  He's got his team playing hard & winning: 3-0 so far against last year's playoff team TCU, traditional powerhouse NU (also in rebuild mode) and now CU's instate rival, CSU.  With a larger overhaul of the roster (50+) than AU (40+), CU is the talk of cfb this season and rightly so.  Hate to call them a Cinderella team (lol) but 180 turn-arounds are bound to make that comparison(!) I hope they do well in their conference games.  Go Buffs.  

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 2:47 AM, AUght2win said:

Or maybe I just think their team isn’t any good and don’t want to crown their only two decent players Heisman and runner up? But hey the only possible way you could object to the media and fan worship is if you’re a “hater”, right?

We’ll touch base this time next weekend and see where you’ve got CU in your CFP rankings.

They’ll drop, everyone knows it,  and it won’t matter. They don’t have the size yet to compete with Oregon or usc. The point is Vegas had them winning 2 this year.  Question - If Colorado gets in a crappy bowl this year, which will have higher ratings: their crappy bowl game or the national championship game? Might be interesting. And if you don’t think that will translate into epic recruiting…

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

Deion Sanders Worked His Way Up To An Estimated $45M Fortune, But His 5 Children Are The Real Proof Of The ‘Prime’ Effect

Josh Rodgers

Wed, September 20, 2023 at 12:20 PM CDT·3 min read

Deion Sanders

Throughout history, the world has been introduced to many people with the “it” factor. While it may not be possible to articulate exactly what “it” is, it’s a beautiful combination of talent, influence, likeability, and authenticity. Some of the people described this way are Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Denzel Washington, and Tina Turner.

And when it comes to sports, one of the names sure to come up as having “it” is Deion Sanders. From his multi-sport professional career to his captivating personality, fans have admired Sanders for years. But this star power wasn’t by happenstance — it came from hard work, dedication, and faith.

Sanders was born in Fort Myers, FL, and began his sports career early in life across several sports, eventually attending Florida State University as a decorated athlete. His collegiate career would land him a spot in the NFL and the MLB. Simultaneously playing in both professional leagues for several years, Sanders completed 270 solo tackles, five forced fumbles, and 53 interceptions as a cornerback for the NFL, mainly with the Atlanta Falcons and the Dallas Cowboys.

For his MLB career, Sanders would play for four teams as a left fielder with a .263 batting average, 39 home runs and 168 RBIs. His athletic prowess would transfer off the field, with him releasing two rap albums, making guest appearances in movies and television shows, starring in his own reality TV series, and working as a sports analyst.

With a diverse and wide-reaching career, all of Sanders’ work would earn him an estimated fortune of $45 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.

As the 56-year-old’s career evolved, he would go on to work as a football coach. His first position was at the high school level with the school he co-founded, Prime Prep Academy. Sanders then coached at the collegiate level with Mississippi-based HBCU Jackson State University (JSU).

While his exit from JSU was met with mixed emotions and responses, his current role as head coach at the University of Colorado Boulder proves why he is known as “Coach Prime.”

The Colorado Buffalos went from being off everyone’s radar to having sold-out games, weekly celebrity appearances, and an early winning record. Although this success is noteworthy, Sanders takes pride in his ability to coach, bond, and work with his children.

Sanders’ children have followed in their father’s athletic and influential footsteps in some capacity, but they are making their own waves and forging their own paths. Here is how Coach Prime’s children are upholding the Sanders legacy.

Deiondra Sanders

KFC and Meshella Rose.

Deion Sanders Jr.

according to USA Today. He’s “building an audience” for Colorado’s football and his father’s coaching journey with behind-the-scenes access through his brand, Well Off Media.

Shilo Sanders

NIL deals with KFC, Oikos, and Actively Black.

Shedeur Sanders

AFROTECH report, Shedeur has the highest NIL valuation among NCAA football athletes. Since that writing, his valuation has gone up to $5.1 million and includes his signing with Gatorade as its first HBCU player during his tenure with JSU.

Shelomi Sanders

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but Prime is no where near what Tiger did for golf. What Tiger did for golf was world wide not just American golf. Prime has brought a lot of attention to the Buff's and to college football. Lets hope the Primetime train keeps a rolling 

Should have known not to do a golf comparison.

• Haha 2

Just now, augolf1716 said:

One of these days you'll learn:poke:

I’ll admit ncaa football isn’t going global.  We’ll see where this goes. Ps 2 years from now which program has the highest market valuation and the sec is crawling over broken glass to add?

This might be one of the dumbest post I’ve seen on here. What other coach you know can make sales on blenders go up in a week smh. Stop hating. Some of y’all are showing your true colors. Sad thing about it , your favorite Auburn players, young and old are probably all for Deion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I mean like at some of the main page post right now…this team won one game last year? Now they only beat cupcakes. SMH. Let Colorado go in there and hand Bo Nix an L. Some of these folks really going to show themselves. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

They’ll drop, everyone knows it,  and it won’t matter. They don’t have the size yet to compete with Oregon or usc. The point is Vegas had them winning 2 this year.  Question - If Colorado gets in a crappy bowl this year, which will have higher ratings: their crappy bowl game or the national championship game? Might be interesting. And if you don’t think that will translate into epic recruiting…

It’s not helping in HS recruiting much but the portal for sure. They’ll likely get the best QB available next year if they want him.

In the last 20 years, that program has won more than five games in a season four times.  After winning one game last year, they are already 3-0 in what is effectively a complete reboot.  In September, they are 3 wins shy of making their season notable by Colorado standards.  People are talking about Colorado football, where no one talked about Colorado football before.  Players will flock to it, as they should.  They had a former 5* recruit playing defense and offense, and excelling at it.  Why ride a bench at Alabama, when you can compete for starting reps as a freshman at Colorado?  Last year, that question would have sounded ridiculous.  This year, not so much.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Just numerous death threats to him and his family. 

I meant the NCAA hasn't done anything. The death threats against Blackburn and his family is just sickening to see. They even posted his family's home address online. Police are looking into it and hopefully they find the people responsible and make an example of them.

Deion took the high road when some reporters tried to get him to go at Norvell this week. Travis Hunter really shocked me because he had nothing bad to say about Blackburn at all. Hunter said Blackburn is just trying to help his team win and injuries happen in football all the time. I doubt that I could take the high road if I was in Hunter's position. Not now and definitely not when I was his age. He seems like a really good kid. 

• Like 1

The Deion I saw in the press conference regarding the hit on Hunter is the one I hope we see more of. The one after the TCU game was not as impressive. I have always liked him and if he is responsible for Hunter's attitude on this then he's to be commended as well as Hunter. Credit to Hunter's parents/family as well because being that gracious and professional doesn't happen overnight. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I meant the NCAA hasn't done anything

They have no ground to do anything. It wasn’t a blow to the head, no fight took place, so not even a 1st half suspension can be dealt. The NCAA has no ground to even review it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1