2024 #3 K In The Nation Towns McGough Commits To AU! (PWO)

ellitor

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 #3 K In The Nation Towns McGough

I’ve seen him play for the last 4 weeks. Definitely a future college kicker. He made a 42 yarder tonight that would have been good from 55-57 easy. All kick offs are in the back of the endzone. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU wans a kicker in the class & Towns is the top target
AU appears to be in a good spot.

Do we not believe in McPherson? We need a punter for sure

Surprised we are looking for a kicker in 24.  In 25, I understand, but McPherson's first year as the kicker.  If he is willing to come on board, let's get him.  As for punter.....your correct there.  Maybe find another Aussie.  😁

On 9/23/2023 at 9:48 AM, Zeek said:

Do we not believe in McPherson? We need a punter for sure

@Zeek No Clue but any K we would add would be a walk on so no heat on McPhearson. Also AU likes adding a K every 2 years so it would be time for that with AM being a JR next season.

@roe4christ

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, TexasTiger said:

Any word on a punter for next year?

@TexasTiger No word on us going after a punter but I merged your thread with the only kicker I have seen us recruiting. It hasn't been reported if we want him at kicker or punter yet.

On 10/15/2023 at 4:54 PM, TexasTiger said:

Any word on a punter for next year?

Did you hear about the one legged punter? 

So TM just hit a 60 yard field goal (good) but AHS called had called a time out. Then he hit it again (good) but Pratville called a time out. So he hits a third field goal and it falls just short. The State record is 61 yards held by ….. Alex McPherson 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If we only offer a PWO until McPherson moves on, I can see that happening. If TM only punts and Kicks off that would be worth a schollie IMO. I worry about our little guy getting hurt on kickoffs a la Carlson who is a big guy. Pound for pound McPherson has the strongest leg I've ever seen so he may be ready to test the NFL waters after'24 season (McGough's  redshirt year). He has name recognition and reputation from his older brother. It would be a shame for Auburn High kicker to sign with UAT. Go get him CHF!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, autan said:

If we only offer a PWO until McPherson moves on, I can see that happening. If TM only punts and Kicks off that would be worth a schollie IMO. I worry about our little guy getting hurt on kickoffs a la Carlson who is a big guy. Pound for pound McPherson has the strongest leg I've ever seen so he may be ready to test the NFL waters after'24 season (McGough's  redshirt year). He has name recognition and reputation from his older brother. It would be a shame for Auburn High kicker to sign with UAT. Go get him CHF!

@autan A NIL package is in place to cover Towns's ecpenses should he choose AU. He & his family won't have to pay anything.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@autan A NIL package in is place to cover Towns's ecpenses should he choose AU. He & his family won't have to pay anything.

I am glad to hear that