2024 #3 K In The Nation Towns McGough Commits To AU! (PWO)

ellitor

I saw TM kick several times this year. He is ready for college. Extremely strong  leg. Kick offs were consistently in the back of endzone or out of the endzone. Great height on his field goals and extra points. Very accurate!! Great pick up for sure!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Kick offs were consistently in the back of endzone or out of the endzone

Somehow that seems to be the one thing we can’t be consistent with. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 #3 K In The Nation Towns McGough Commits To AU! (PWO)
1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

The whole NIL/scholarship thing is a little more complicated. It's definitely do-able, but it takes a substantial NIL package to match.

So, according to the latest info from the University, tuition/fees for in-state students is $6,268 per semester (including the summer term). Generally football players attend all three semesters. You would need an NIL package of just under $19k + the tax bill on that income. Then, if you're really replicating the value of a scholarship, scholarship players still receive cost of attendance stipends directly from the University. For Auburn, that value is approximately $11,300 per semester (for housing, food, and miscellaneous costs as set by the University). So that's another $22k+ (again, you'd need to add taxes to match the value).

The NIL rate for a scholarship player fluctuates by position. For positions with lower demand, I've generally $3-4k per month. So that's $35-50k for the year.

In other words, if you're turning a scholarship guy into a PWO but trying to give him dollar-for-dollar equivalence, you'd need to start that guy at around $110k in NIL funds to offset the tax implications. That would be difficult to do on a broad scale. 

I wonder if he’s getting compensated for room & board since he’s local. May have told him they’ll move him to a scholarship down the road.

• Like 2

Perfect from inside 56 yards and still ranked #3? 

#1 guy must have been burning holes through the other teams' players on kickoffs or something.

• Haha 2

On 9/24/2023 at 11:08 PM, ellitor said:

@Zeek No Clue but any K we would add would be a walk on so no heat on McPhearson. Also AU likes adding a K every 2 years so it would be time for that with AM being a JR next season.

@roe4christ

We also don’t need to forget that Anders went down with an injury. It can happen ant any time and it doesn’t hurt to have backup plan. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

He also played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic, but injured his kicking leg in practice and had to kick with his non-dominant foot in warmups and in the game.

My goodness, I missed this earlier. Onside kicks could get interesting. 

42 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

We appear to have 2 of the best. Wonder if he redshirts or takes kickoff duty?

That's what I was wondering. What's his touchback percentage vs McPherson?

He could always do kickoffs to help distribute the load. He definitely has a huge leg. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

That's what I was wondering. What's his touchback percentage vs McPherson?

He could always do kickoffs to help distribute the load. He definitely has a huge leg. 

Think I saw 50 out of 59 for Towns.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

We appear to have 2 of the best. Wonder if he redshirts or takes kickoff duty?

Either way it's a good situation for Auburn. 

I don't remember if it was Tubbs or Gus, but several years ago we had two kickers splitting duties.   One kicking field goals and the other kicking off.  Was it Ethridge and another guy?

4 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Either way it's a good situation for Auburn. 

I don't remember if it was Tubbs or Gus, but several years ago we had two kickers splitting duties.   One kicking field goals and the other kicking off.  Was it Ethridge and another guy?

I remember that happening— can’t remember who the kickers were.

On 12/22/2023 at 10:08 AM, TexasTiger said:

I remember that happening— can’t remember who the kickers were.

Pretty sure it was Phillip Yost and Duval. Yost was the KO guy. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:03 AM, Tigermike said:

Was 1993 with Scott Etheridge as PK and Bryan Karkoska handling kickoffs. Terry Bowden was the HC.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Pretty sure it was Phillip Yost and Duval. Yost was the KO guy. 

Yost did 11 of the kickoffs in 2002. Duval did the other 59.

Yost did 4 of the kickoffs in 2001. Duval did the other 50.