Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Alabama is not 50/50.    We won’t score if it continues this way.  

I am standing on it and not changing my mind. It’s not like the opportunities aren’t there. If it isn’t better by the end of the year we have bigger problems. Auburns scored on them last year when they knew what was coming

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn needs to send coaches to Austin and Oxford to talk offensive football with their head coaches.   

LOL, that Oxford offense is currently getting mauled by that Kevin Steele defense.

Hugh would die before he’d send one of his coaches to another program for offensive tutoring sessions. 

We knew Auburn had a long way to go.  The deficiencies certainly showed up today.  I don’t think there is any use in talking about the QB position when they are playing behind an O line as porous as we saw today.  Joe Friggin Montana in his prime would look like crap playing behind that mess.  Ain’t nothing gonna fix it but recruiting and development.  I was hoping for a short term solution from what they got out of the portal and maybe they will get better as the season progresses but I’m not holding  my breath.  It’s lack of talent pure and simple.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am standing on it and not changing my mind. It’s not like the opportunities aren’t there. If it isn’t better by the end of the year we have bigger problems. Auburns scored on them last year when they knew what was coming

Not trying to convince you of anything, but this run defense seems to be much better than last year and Steele is simply better than Pete Golding. Auburn with the passing game they have now may not score - they’ll have to figure out how to throw with whoever’s out there 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Are we too good for the read option offense from last season? That offense honestly may win you the game today, if for no reason than it gives A&M the ball much less often 

Definitely seem to have a good backfield for that. Surprised we didn’t see Cobb today 

15 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

42-0 Everyone wishing we had Coach prime, please shut the front door… Jimmy’s and the Joe’s we don’t have and our team play reflects that. It’s not coaching. It’s not all play calling, it’s not scheme. If you don’t have personnel to run your usual offense then you do what you can.

We don’t have a good OLine so that really complicates things. We don’t have a great decision maker at QB so that makes them worse.
Potato head left the kitchen completely empty at key positions and zero depth. It will take time to rebuild! Anyone argues differently is either blind or football illiterate. 

This ignores so much. 

• Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Who said Auburn was a sleeper? All the writers had us finishing last or next to last in the west.   
Not sure who you are rooting for more, Deion or Auburn?  Sounds like Deion.   Here is the facts: Auburn doesn’t have a QB on the team that would start on any other SEC team.    I’m pretty sure that AU doesn’t have an offensive lineman that would either.   AU has a couple of capable receivers but currently can’t put together a game plan to get the ball to them on a consistent basis.   Anyone with a football eye can see that number 21, Battie, needs to be on the field and the ball needs to be given to him in space.   
in the offseason, Auburn needs to send coaches to Austin and Oxford to talk offensive football with their head coaches.   

Lol. I don't need you giving me your opinionated facts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Shedeur is getting exposed today. He's Ashford with less speed/elusiveness and a better (not saying much) deep ball. 

This is a horrible take. Their games aren’t even remotely similar. Also, nothing was exposed today… Even the most casual fan knew Colorado would be stupendously over matched in this game… Those who claim otherwise probably have some type of agenda.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Time will tell…

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I think you could be right, but I think you left out some important factors. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

Definitely seem to have a good backfield for that. Surprised we didn’t see Cobb today 

When youre one dimensional it doesn't matter who's out there

19 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

We knew Auburn had a long way to go.  The deficiencies certainly showed up today.  I don’t think there is any use in talking about the QB position when they are playing behind an O line as porous as we saw today.  Joe Friggin Montana in his prime would look like crap playing behind that mess.  Ain’t nothing gonna fix it but recruiting and development.  I was hoping for a short term solution from what they got out of the portal and maybe they will get better as the season progresses but I’m not holding  my breath.  It’s lack of talent pure and simple.  

Honestly, I thought the line played okay to good enough. Take away the sacks and Auburn rolled up almost 200 yards rushing. I think the issue today really was the QB play. Not only did Payton Thorne miss open receivers, badly, but he also failed to ID obvious pressure off the edge and adjust/check to account for it. He was indecisive and his failure to pull the trigger caused him to either take sacks or run himself into no gains. An indecisive QB who runs himself out of good pockets and fails to notice obvious blitzers is going to make any o-line look bad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

This is a horrible take. Their games aren’t even remotely similar. Also, nothing was exposed today… Even the most casual fan knew Colorado would be stupendously over matched in this game… Those who claim otherwise probably have some type of agenda.

Pot, meet kettle.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I don't need you giving me your opinionated facts

Says the guy that is always giving his opinion like he knows more than anyone else.   Hahahaha 

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

When youre one dimensional it doesn't matter who's out there

They had success running though but again the offense had no flow to it. Alston had some good runs before getting hurt and Battie did well. . For example Johnson comes in get some easy throws for rhythm. Robby comes in deep throw 2nd play from scrimmage. How about something easy . U know he already struggles 

4 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Honestly, I thought the line played okay to good enough. Take away the sacks and Auburn rolled up almost 200 yards rushing. I think the issue today really was the QB play. Not only did Payton Thorne miss open receivers, badly, but he also failed to ID obvious pressure off the edge and adjust/check to account for it. He was indecisive and his failure to pull the trigger caused him to either take sacks or run himself into no gains. An indecisive QB who runs himself out of good pockets and fails to notice obvious blitzers is going to make any o-line look bad. 

For a decade - 5*’s, 4*’s, 3*’s, transfers - doesn’t matter. I can’t remember a qb since Marshall that showed any improvement as the season progressed. Impossible.

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

For a decade - 5*’s, 4*’s, 3*’s, transfers - doesn’t matter. I can’t remember a qb since Marshall that showed any improvement as the season progressed. Impossible.

Same, honestly. I’ve said for years that B- QB play would’ve turned several Auburn teams into contenders and it just hasn’t happened. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think you are correct. DL talent. I think our OL can handle all but UGA/Bama/maybe LSU. I think the rest are 50/50.

3 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Same, honestly. I’ve said for years that B- QB play would’ve turned several Auburn teams into contenders and it just hasn’t happened. 

Well at least it’s pretty to look at.

image.jpeg.e4309f9d1d39480024df61d607b8c99c.jpeg

38 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Hmmm. Hugh in his presser said we had receivers open. Insinuating bad QB play. Thorne looks scared to me

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

That is some bull****.

Dude, you just disliked 30+ of my posts from today in the span of ten to twenty minutes, I think I might need to pay you some rent for all the time I’m spending in your head. Talk about fragile. 

Edited by Didba
  • Dislike 1