The state of journalism is really pathetic

TexasTiger

Millie committed some crimes dialing up Xi and telling him Trump was not in control and he was. Is that treason? Insurrection? Usurping the presidents power? Were we at war? Not with China, yet. Were the crimes worthy of death? Not in my opinion. Trump does sometimes exaggerate. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, jj3jordan said:

Millie committed some crimes dialing up Xi and telling him Trump was not in control and he was. Is that treason? Insurrection? Usurping the presidents power? Were we at war? Not with China, yet. Were the crimes worthy of death? Not in my opinion. Trump does sometimes exaggerate. 

Yeah. Nothing to see here. Just a Former (and possibly future) President of the US  casually suggesting executing public officials for 'betraying' him. Silly ol' goober with his exaggerations. 

Certainly nothing that anyone should take seriously or worry about in the slightest. 

Cant wait to go vote for him in the next election with all my MAGA buddies!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah. Nothing to see here. Just a Former (and possibly future) President of the US  casually suggesting executing public officials for 'betraying' him. Silly ol' goober with his exaggerations. 

Certainly nothing that anyone should take seriously or worry about in the slightest. 

Cant wait to go vote for him in the next election with all my MAGA buddies!

He was trying to betray Trump, but he also betrayed his country, it’s government, constitution, and military. Nobody has that power. 

Nobody took that seriously. Except the left. Oh wait they don’t either. Just using it to troll. 

I have my doubts as to how many military members would assault a beach in Taiwan for Millie. I believe more would support action that Trump approved. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

He was trying to betray Trump, but he also betrayed his country, it’s government, constitution, and military. Nobody has that power. 

Nobody took that seriously. Except the left. Oh wait they don’t either. Just using it to troll. 

I have my doubts as to how many military members would assault a beach in Taiwan for Millie. I believe more would support action that Trump approved. 

People believe Milley was basically a traitor:

Retiring Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley is hitting the media circuit as he retires. How odd of him to warn about all the unconstitutional measures that Donald Trump threatened to enact that supposedly justified the illegal or unethical acts that his opponents in the military and intelligence community actually did. Or to put it another way, Biden’s abject corruption, his chronic lying, his unapologetic racial condescension, his utter destruction of the border, and his dementia still would not justify Milley’s replacement to call his communist Chinese counterpart to warn him that Biden was cognitively inert and dangerous, or to order theater commanders  to ignore Biden-routed orders and instead report directly to him. Nor would Biden’s pathologies justify a dozen or so retired 4-stars to violate the Uniform Code of Military Justice by publicly blasting Biden a liar, a Mussolini, and to be gone the sooner the better. Nor would Biden’s failed and dangerous presidency warrant a former Pentagon lawyer to publish a warning that he needed to be removed by a possible military coup. Nor would Biden’s dangers to the republic justify 51 former “Intelligence authorities” to issue a lying affidavit to warp an upcoming  presidential debate and election. So Mark Milley ends as he begins—without a clue that he and others set precedents that if followed with future controversial presidents would soon destroy the republic.

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People believe Trump was basically a traitor. 

I wonder why it hasn’t been proven?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I begrudgingly voted for trump in 2016. People can try to minimize 1/6 as “a few loons got a little outta control ”, but if they can’t see it he crossed the line - we have very different value judgements. Therefore, if trump isn’t a traitor, it’s too close to matter. And btw if Biden isn’t in dementia (I’ll even ignore the Hunter stuff), it’s too close to matter. This is insane. Both are obviously completely  unfit to serve. Which is why imo if they are the nominees, Americans have an ethical responsibility to vote 3rd party (no Perot stuff please - this is way way past that). 

47 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I begrudgingly voted for trump in 2016. People can try to minimize 1/6 as “a few loons got a little outta control ”, but if they can’t see it he crossed the line - we have very different value judgements. Therefore, if trump isn’t a traitor, it’s too close to matter. And btw if Biden isn’t in dementia (I’ll even ignore the Hunter stuff), it’s too close to matter. This is insane. Both are obviously completely  unfit to serve. Which is why imo if they are the nominees, Americans have an ethical responsibility to vote 3rd party (no Perot stuff please - this is way way past that). 

Ross was the gutsiest candidate in my lifetime.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4006615/user-clip-perot-ears

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Ross was the gutsiest candidate in my lifetime.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4006615/user-clip-perot-ears

In technology he pioneered many things that changed the industry. I liked him. But my point was the water is wet argument against 3rd party is that its a wasted vote and hurts another candidate (ie Perot). Imo 2024 is very different. Its existential. The 2 party system is failing, and it’s time to move past it if the parties can only submit hopelessly flawed options.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

In technology he pioneered many things that changed the industry. I liked him. But my point was the water is wet argument against 3rd party is that its a wasted vote and hurts another candidate (ie Perot). Imo 2024 is very different. Its existential. The 2 party system is failing, and it’s time to move past it if the parties can only submit hopelessly flawed options.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying in that the 2 party stranglehold the Rs and Ds have on politics is hurting the country, but I don't see how this upcoming election is shaping up to be any better for Independents than any of our past elections. 

All the money completely belongs to Democrats and Republicans. All the political organization and infrastructure belongs to the Democrats and Republicans. As of today there aren't any serious 3rd party candidates who have entered the race or any individuals that any significant number of people are 'hoping' enters the race. 

A large majority of the US voting base either believes that Trump is the devil or that Biden is the Devil and they are going to vote for the major opposition even if they don't like them personally. 

I know 30% or so of US voters claim to be Independents, but a vast majority of them have never voted for any party or any candidate that's not a Republican or a Democrat, and I don't see any evidence that that's going to change any time soon. 

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People believe Trump was basically a traitor. 

Trump would’ve been the greatest Military leader the world has ever known, if not for those bunions….😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

If voting changed to a ranking system, I could easily see a 3rd party winning this election, but not in the current format.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Should the United States have a President that is viewed by so many other leaders as being out of control and concerned with his own personal interests above those of the country he leads?  The General is not required to follow every order that a President gives.  The order must be a legal one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Should the United States have a President that is viewed by so many other leaders as being out of control and concerned with his own personal interests above those of the country he leads?  The General is not required to follow every order that a President gives.  The order must be a legal one.

No kidding Sherlock. No order was given. The “orders” only existed in Millie’s mind. 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Trump would’ve been the greatest Military leader the world has ever known, if not for those bunions….😂

Yes, because he was eager to kiss the azzzzzzz of Kim, Putin, Saud, Orban, Erdogan, Lukashenko, etc. Let's March! 🤣

• Like 2