Brian Battie

Barnacle

I said after the Cal game.   21 needs more touches.   Something is missing from Hunter this year.   If Alston can get healthy and learn to hold onto the ball, he and Battie should see most of the reps

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I said after the Cal game.   21 needs more touches.   Something is missing from Hunter this year.   If Alston can get healthy and learn to hold onto the ball, he and Battie should see most of the reps

He’s getting the hesitation bug that bit our QB.  When he hesitates he loses yards.  Needs to one plant and go.  When he shuffles it’s over.

Edited by AUApostle

Having them both is a blessing. They’re both very productive in different ways. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Dude cannot take the pounding that Jarquez takes. Stop it! 

What part of he played much better than hunter do you want to dispute. Its a simple statistically proven statement. Not sure why you getting butthurt over it

Edited by shabby
  • Haha 2

I'm impressed with Battie too, but he gets run over by some of the bigger blitzers, as he did today early on. IDK if he's an every down RB, but he's much more versatile than expected. 

• Like 1

I think you optimize him when you don't use him as an every down back (and I HATE having him be the starting RB after a long KO return, as we did in this game), but he is reading the lanes much better than Jarq right now. This philosophy that depends on making magic outside works for him alot better than it does for Quez. It's weird because Hunter seems to be dancing around like Tank, when his best value in the last two years was that he was the north-south back. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Dude cannot take the pounding that Jarquez takes. Stop it! 

Looking for someone, anyone who posted Battie should be getting Kerryon type numbers. Not seeing it.

Are you also the person who said Alston was too small cause he weighs 1 pound less than Hunter?

14 hours ago, wareaglefan444 said:

He reminds me of Tre Mason

You sir, are a silly goose.

The man can run like a cat.  I suspect he is not an every down back is likely attributed to blocking.    He may know all his assignments, and block well,  but can he take on a DE or a DT that breaks through, protect the QB over and over and stay 100% healthy?

As a has been sprinter, I know.    The smallest injury can slow you down a lot.  A tweaked ankle to a  sprained wrist.  ANY little thing throws off your form from being natural.    Speed is Battie's biggest weapon.   It keeps him safe while running the ball.  Take a little speed from him,  and he may become a sitting  duck.  He needs to remain in top running condition or he becomes useless.  Why take the risk?

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

19 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The man can run like a cat.  I suspect he is not an every down back is likely attributed to blocking.    He may know all his assignments, and block well,  but can he take on a DE or a DT that breaks through, protect the QB over and over and stay 100% healthy?

As a has been sprinter, I know.    The smallest injury can slow you down a lot.  A tweaked ankle to a  sprained wrist.  ANY little thing throws off your form from being natural.    Speed is Battie's biggest weapon.   It keeps him safe while running the ball.  Take a little speed from him,  and he may become a sitting  duck.  He needs to remain in top running condition or he becomes useless.  Why take the risk?

I like the way Battie shifts gears too -- he makes people miss.  Thought he was going to break free on the long KO return.    

• Like 1

It seemed like Hunter tweaked an ankle in a previous game. I remember him getting it wrapped and grimacing.

Remember last season when a lot of the board was convinced Hunter was better than Tank? I like Hunter but that never made sense. 

I've been impressed by Battie. Good vision and quick cuts that freeze the D. And, of course, the speed. 

• Like 1