Trump -- People stealing should be shot

AURex

Trump has vehemently asserted that anyone leaving a place of business with anything that was not paid for or rightfully theirs should be shot as they walk out the door. There are obvious problems with this idea, such as due process and actually verifying that they have stolen something. And the basic morality -- does a person deserve to die because they stole some baby food for their child or stole some socks because they are homeless in winter?

But the really humorous side of this is that he exited the White House with lots of property that belongs to the Federal Government, the people of the U.S., including top secret materials that put our nation at risk and our informants in other countries in peril. I wonder if he would agree that he should have been shot on his way out the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

But the really humorous side of this is that he exited the White House with lots of property that belongs to the Federal Government, the people of the U.S., including top secret materials that put our nation at risk and our informants in other countries in peril. I wonder if he would agree that he should have been shot on his way out the door.

Guess you forgot about the precedent set by the Clintons.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Guess you forgot about the precedent set by the Clintons.

What legal "precedent" is that? And what was he/she stealing? Not sure I follow you. Or is this another right wing "whataboutism" that we need to laugh at?

Edited by AURex
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trump just giving more red meat to the maga’s

This thread wasn’t started by a a MAGA. 

• Haha 1

trump is in court right now for stealing..................grins.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Trump, the MAGAs, and the right wing of America just assume that most shoplifters are Black and Brown, so it's a good idea to shoot them on the spot. They just assume that the gang shoplifting in a few cities represents "shoplifters" everywhere and they should all be shot everywhere, because, hey, that person took something and didn't pay.

That right wing imagery is total BS. Based on actual data nationwide --

Fact -- Most "shrinkage" in businesses of all types and all levels is due to employee theft.
Fact -- Around 75% of shoplifters are White.
Fact -- The majority of shoplifters are White Middle Class Women in their 40s and 50s.
Fact -- Shoplifting for most of them is a psychological disorder (kleptomania).

So, what Trump is advocating, is killing white middle class moms with some mental health problems.

Sounds like a great idea, right?

Edited by AURex
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

Trump, the MAGAs, and the right wing of America just assume that most shoplifters are Black and Brown, so it's a good idea to shoot them on the spot. They just assume that the gang shoplifting in a few cities represents "shoplifters" everywhere and they should all be shot everywhere, because, hey, that person took something and didn't pay.

That right wing imagery is total BS. Based on actual data nationwide --

Fact -- Most "shrinkage" in businesses of all types and all levels is due to employee theft.
Fact -- Around 75% of shoplifters are White.
Fact -- The majority of shoplifters are White Middle Class Women in their 40s and 50s.
Fact -- Shoplifting for most of them is a psychological disorder (kleptomania).

So, what Trump is advocating, is killing white middle class moms with some mental health problems.

Sounds like a great idea, right?

Yes

23 hours ago, AURex said:

What legal "precedent" is that? And what was he/she stealing? Not sure I follow you. Or is this another right wing "whataboutism" that we need to laugh at?

The Clintons took gov't owned furniture with them when they left the WH.

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The Clintons took gov't owned furniture with them when they left the WH.

The Clintons returned or paid for upon request everything in question. There was no theft.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/the-clinton-furniture-flap/

16 minutes ago, AURex said:

The Clintons returned or paid for upon request everything in question. There was no theft.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/the-clinton-furniture-flap/

As your link indicates, they only returned it after they were caught stealing it and got a lot of bad media coverage. And you fail to note Biden also has been found with classified material and Hilary had some on her server and sent some in an e-mail to an assistant. I'm not defending Trump from some of his actions just pointing out your ignoring others. As far as looters being shot, if they burst into your house would you shoot?

Edited by Son of A Tiger

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

As your link indicates, they only returned it after they were caught stealing it and got a lot of bad media coverage.

I think "caught" is the wrong term. They weren't "caught." They were asked to return or pay for items. They did so.

This is just more wingnut "what aboutism" trying to deflect from the primary issue. Trump has advocated killing white middle class moms because they failed to pay for trinkets from stores.

But as to your "whata aboutism" -- if the Clintons should have been shot because they took some furniture, then surely Trump shoukd have been shot for taking federal documents, including Top Secret documents that put the nation and its allies at risk. He not only absconded with the property, he refused to return the property. But based on his advocacy of shooting those who steal, he shoukd have been shot on his way out the door.

The whole idea of shooting people who walk out of a place, who MIGHT have stolen something, is way beyond American legal system. Our republic is based upon accused is innocent until convicted of a crime, and then justice rendered according to law. You don't just kill people because you THINK they MIGHT have stolen something.

• Thanks 1

Let’s start off by saying this…. When Orange Man speaks he uses hyperbole to rile up the masses.   The haters don’t understand this and take every word that comes out of his mouth as gospel.   
Secondly, you are taking a statistic and comparing it against what he is saying in the wrong context.   You obviously know this but you are trying to make a point against Trump.    
Orange man is using hyperbole to make a statement against the mob group of individuals running into stores and stealing.    Surely you have seen some  news coverage of this, but you might not have because the media doesn’t really cover these stories anymore.    You can search it though if you care to watch.    
I am most positive that you yourself are using hyperbole in saying that Orange Man wants to kill middle class white women who steal.   So, bravo my man.   Well done.   

• Like 2

I really don’t understand how maga rationalizes trump. He has consistently shown total contempt for the poor, middle class, and military (all “losers”) - he can’t stand the people in his own base - but who love him back -dysfunctional as hell). Btw his longest serving chief of staff:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AURex said:

I think "caught" is the wrong term. They weren't "caught." They were asked to return or pay for items. They did so.

This is just more wingnut "what aboutism" trying to deflect from the primary issue. Trump has advocated killing white middle class moms because they failed to pay for trinkets from stores.

But as to your "whata aboutism" -- if the Clintons should have been shot because they took some furniture, then surely Trump shoukd have been shot for taking federal documents, including Top Secret documents that put the nation and its allies at risk. He not only absconded with the property, he refused to return the property. But based on his advocacy of shooting those who steal, he shoukd have been shot on his way out the door.

The whole idea of shooting people who walk out of a place, who MIGHT have stolen something, is way beyond American legal system. Our republic is based upon accused is innocent until convicted of a crime, and then justice rendered according to law. You don't just kill people because you THINK they MIGHT have stolen something.

You didn't answer my question..........if someone broke into your house would you shoot them?

14 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

As your link indicates, they only returned it after they were caught stealing it and got a lot of bad media coverage. And you fail to note Biden also has been found with classified material and Hilary had some on her server and sent some in an e-mail to an assistant. I'm not defending Trump from some of his actions just pointing out your ignoring others. As far as looters being shot, if they burst into your house would you shoot?

i know it hurts when your goober was arrested and the clintons were not. it is a shame you disliked my single statement of truth which is absolutely true...............goober has in fact been arrested for stealing along with all the other crap. he lies,cheats,steal, threatens people and yet some of you have no honor and plan to vote for the biggest crook in politics in years. people are tired of his crap and you guys look worse and worse.

i love the smell of butthurt in the afternoon

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i know it hurts when your goober was arrested and the clintons were not. it is a shame you disliked my single statement of truth which is absolutely true...............goober has in fact been arrested for stealing along with all the other crap. he lies,cheats,steal, threatens people and yet some of you have no honor and plan to vote for the biggest crook in politics in years. people are tired of his crap and you guys look worse and worse.

I only followed your downvote of my earlier simple statement of truth. if you can't take what you dish out move on. But you could at least try to be civil. Your nasty accusations are pretty personal.

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I only followed your downvote of my earlier simple statement of truth. if you can't take what you dish out move on. But you could at least try to be civil. Your nasty accusations are pretty personal.

it actually does not bother me dude. but i will point out your stupidity towards trump. you folks were warned many times and ignored folks and even facts and look were it got you. you people do not care about america or you would be up to trying to help fix her instead of voting again for a man who has no business ever being in office again. instead you give the thieving trump a pass while blaming the dems or hunter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Then quit farting😀

i do not fart anymore.i am old and many times the readings are false and i have to shower. grins................and yesi have had to take unexpected showers............so here is proof you can say i am full of sh*t.  grins

46 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it actually does not bother me dude. but i will point out your stupidity towards trump. you folks were warned many times and ignored folks and even facts and look were it got you. you people do not care about america or you would be up to trying to help fix her instead of voting again for a man who has no business ever being in office again. instead you give the thieving trump a pass while blaming the dems or hunter.

Well Biden lover boy this is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board.

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Well Biden lover boy this is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board.

i have said repeatedly i like joe. am i happy with everything he has done? of course not. but never trump. i have no use for anyone that pisses on our military and vets. read some news that will tell you some truths. a man that lost one or two legs was not allowed to sing at an even because Trump said he was ugly. you make peace with that one. personally trump can kiss my arse.