2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Feels like a loss to me. He was top Portal OT IMHO. Let's try to stay stay positive. Maybe an even bigger dog will emerge soon. WDE!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

So true. Look at this year in the NFL for a perfect example of your post. Lookup Tua's stats with Tyreek Hill in the game and compare them to when Hill is out.

Tyrek is having an all pro season for sure. Not to mention he’s the most exciting player in the league that’s not a quarterback.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Tyrek is having an all pro season for sure. Not to mention he’s the most exciting player in the league that’s not a quarterback.

Amen. Maybe the best player in the league period. At least the biggest game changer. 

3 hours ago, autan said:

Bag man arrived.

Yep. We gave him an offer that got him in the portal. It wasn't high enough to keep Bama from countering though. They did & locked him back up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Just a question:  Wasn't he supposed to visit today?

Why does this feel less like a loss to me than there is something better coming?

@1716AU 1. Yes. 2. because it is a loss whether there is something better coming or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I were a coach I would like to complete ENSD and then have the portal so I could fill holes without scaring the high school guys. I know it is a 6 of 1 half a dozen of other situation but that’s how I think I’d want it to work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

If I were a coach I would like to complete ENSD and then have the portal so I could fill holes without scaring the high school guys. I know it is a 6 of 1 half a dozen of other situation but that’s how I think I’d want it to work. 

The calendar just doesn't allow for a good way to do it in that order unless you made ENSD in late July or early August.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The calendar just doesn't allow for a good way to do it in that order unless you made ENSD in late July or early August.

My only point really is being able to fill the gaps without scaring my high school kids. 
You are probably right about having to change the calendar so drastically. 
I wouldn’t want to have to pass on a “one year left” generational talent and scare of my multi-year generational talent high schooler. 

That’s an unusual and extreme example just to emphasize the concern I’d have. 

Probably a silly concern but just an opinion. 

I apologize I meant for this to be in the ENSD thread. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by aujohnson
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

In most cases you want your portal guys to be able to participate in spring practice which means they need to get moved and enrolled in January.  Waiting until after early signing day really shortens that window when you think you have to get them for visits and then you have bowl practice/participation/travel etc. as well during that time. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

Amen. Maybe the best player in the league period. At least the biggest game changer. 

Talking with a NFL official, he said that when he calls of of Tyreeks games he keys on him, and has to make sure he has a big cushion so he doesn’t get burnt 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, autan said:

Feels like a loss to me. He was top Portal OT IMHO. Let's try to stay stay positive. Maybe an even bigger dog will emerge soon. WDE!!

It is a loss. No way to sugar coat it, but time will tell if we can find another OT in  Portal as a lot ogf players won't enter for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

In most cases you want your portal guys to be able to participate in spring practice which means they need to get moved and enrolled in January.  Waiting until after early signing day really shortens that window when you think you have to get them for visits and then you have bowl practice/participation/travel etc. as well during that time. 

I get what your saying, but can't it be pushed a little (say maybe two weeks) and still be able to get them on campus and enrolled before classes start.  While it's not ideal and would be better to get them in earlier, that would allow a hard push by all staff for two weeks to address immediate needs with the portal.  Just thinking out loud here.

Until things change with the ENSD and Portal timing, that might be our best bet this year.  Again, not ideal but it is what it is.

12 hours ago, toddc said:

12 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

I can’t believe you guys forgot about Evan McPherson?!?!?!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, autan said:

OKLAHOMA OT CAYDEN GREEN

Bundle it💰

21 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I didn't see where he lit it up this season.

His O-line sucked this year. He didn't  get worse his O-line got worse. Look at Bo at Oregon vs Auburn same Bo different O-line.

34 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Absolutely need him and the DB. The defense is going to be nasty next year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1